• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
For those looking for cheaper alternatives to the Adobe Creative suite Affinity software is now free for three months and 50% off if you want it for life!

www.digitalartsonline.co.uk

Affinity offers Photo, Designer & Publisher for Free for 3 Months

A dystopia-beating deal - and all the new details on freelance work offers from Serif.

affinity.serif.com

Affinity – Professional Creative Software

From the smoothest photo editing and design software to next-gen page layout, Affinity is pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with creative technology.

For those wanting a free premiere/after effects hybrid go to Hitfilm Express!

fxhome.com

Powerful Creative Software for Filmmakers & Photographers - FXhome

Designing advanced visual effects and green screen software for the next generation of creators. Explore our free and premium products today.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Ok I might seriously get them now. Is there a good way of setting up a Lightroom-esque work flow for RAW photo editing? I didn't have access to Lightroom for long but really liked it when I did.

(I realize this question is kinda vague but I just remember that photo editing was super nice with Lightroom haha)

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Ok I might seriously get them now. Is there a good way of setting up a Lightroom-esque work flow for RAW photo editing? I didn't have access to Lightroom for long but really liked it when I did.

(I realize this question is kinda vague but I just remember that photo editing was super nice with Lightroom haha)

Not with Affinity (Lightroom is the only thing still holding me to Adobe).

Darktable is a decent free alternative though.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Are there any free or low cost photo editing products that can import Lightroom libraries? I'd love to ditch Lightroom but I have years of edits in LR.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Took advantage of the sale to finally nab Publisher.

Try 'em out folks... they're great apps.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, I bought this a few days ago when the other thread was posted. Curious to try them out as a beginner

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Are there any free or low cost photo editing products that can import Lightroom libraries? I'd love to ditch Lightroom but I have years of edits in LR.
I don't know if it can replace Lightroom or import from it, but for image organization/tagging I use DigiKam which is free and open source.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Took advantage of the sale to finally nab Publisher.

Try 'em out folks... they're great apps.
The integration between Publisher and the other two apps is a game-changer. If you work in desktop publishing and get irritated at having to "edit original" in a separate app and guess how the results will look in-situ, you owe it to yourself to try this out.

I migrated away from Adobe Creative Suite about four months ago, and at the time Publisher didn't offer INDD or IDML import, but that changed about a month ago, so now you have strong compatibility with Photoshop and InDesign files as well.

There's really no reason not to try these apps. I'll readily admit I'm not a professional designer or anything, but they do everything I ever wanted from Adobe CS, at a fraction of the cost.

Oct 27, 2017
Darktable is a decent free alternative though.

Is it better than Rawtherapee?

I am unhappy with the speed of the latter software. It has all the features I need, even too much cluttering UI, but the speed is just not fun. SSD and fast CPU, and yet, it is slow to browse.

As far as Affinity package goes, it is perfect for the price. There are always small things to complain about and room for improvement, but when the app costs $50, it is like complaining that Ferrari isn't as far as Veyron.

Status
Not open for further replies.