AFI (A Fire Inside) announce new EP & release new single!

Oct 25, 2017
The above poster throwing down the "Davey Havok is a nazi" gauntlet and then refusing to provide any proof whatsoever beyond "It's on his clothing line and sometimes he sings about blood."
Oh, guess I should have actually read the thread. I was just listening to the songs posted.

Oct 25, 2017
Over the years Davey's personas have ranged from:

Bratty punk

Pissed off hardcore guy

Goth theater kid

Danzig fanboy

And for the last decade or so I feel like he's been like an LA socialite or something

Oct 27, 2017
Black Sails is always going to be my favorite I think. I wasn't huge on Answer That And Stay Fashionable in high school, and the later stuff wasn't bad, but got progressively.. different. Black Sails seemed like the perfect middle ground for me.

New stuff sounds fine though.
YES. You and I are now friends. Black Sails was a fantastic go-between with the punky style that they had when just starting, and the more “gothy” vibe that they evolved into.

Also Dexter Holland from The Offspring did some lyrics for that one, which is Aces in my book.

Through, our bleeding, we, are one.

NSA

Oct 27, 2017
California
YES. You and I are now friends. Black Sails was a fantastic go-between with the punky style that they had when just starting, and the more “gothy” vibe that they evolved into.

Also Dexter Holland from The Offspring did some lyrics for that one, which is Aces in my book.

Through, our bleeding, we, are one.
Yes!

Jesus.. I just put Black Sails on (it's been a while) and damn is that one good-ass banger. I instinctively remember it's good, but getting a audible reminder is so good. I am pretty sure I died my bleached blond hair black at some point while listening to this album.

I was never super into the whole scream-punk thing, was always more partial to the melodic side (which lead to my love affair with pop-punk, sigh).. imagine my conflicted mind with At the Drive in... I think I ended up liking Boy Sets Fire more.

But anyway.. I remember seeing AFI in Petaluma sometime in 2000, probably at the Pheonix Theater.. such an awesome show.. got my car broken into and my whole CD book (200 CDs!!!!) and expensive camera stolen.. but what a night. Fuck I feel old.

Oct 28, 2017
Break Angels is awesome. Reminds me of Crash Love.

Back Into The Sun reminds me of The Pixies. Very cool.

The Missing Man... god damn. This song is unlike anything they've ever done and it is incredible.

Oct 26, 2017
I concur, The Missing Man is crazy good. I can't stop listening to this song.

This Time Imperfect has always been my favorite song, but I think The Missing Man is right there.

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I lived in California. They played Trash Bat and Break Angels live tonight, both sounded great even from the recordings I saw. Get Dark got played for the KROQ special.

Also this set list is beautiful.

It's a bummer there's not more Blood/Burials, but AFI is well past the point of being able to fit all their highs in a live show.

Oct 28, 2017
I may be going to the SD show tonight. I'd cry if they premiered Back Into The Sun and The Missing Man!

Greater Than 84 sounded incredible from a recording I saw. One of my favorites.

Oct 28, 2017
Saw them in SD last night. What an incredible show. I swear to god I was talking to a friend in line at the show about how I had seen all of Sing The Sorrow live except for "...but home is nowhere". I figured they would never play that song again... when it started up I looked at my friend like "no FUCKING way...". Oh, and that was AFTER the double feature of Now The World and Synes - fucking- thesia. Which I wasn't counting as a part of seeing Sing The Sorrow live but they knocked all three out in one night. Then they played Feed From The Floor, which is my favorite track from The Blood Album. AND Endlessly, She Said, my favorite off of Decemberunderground.

And to top it all off Jade said hi, and both Adam and Hunter hung out for quite a while signing stuff, taking pictures, and talking about all sorts of random stuff.