• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
It's gaining momentum, was in the 30s yesterday...

94b01817c1.jpg

I hope this is enough to discredit the "Xbox doesn't play Japanese games though" people, because people seem to be buying a year late port of a game for $50 and I wouldn't be surprised if Square have already made their money back.

MOD EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I don't have a console but it runs horribly on my PC even with FAR patch. I wish Square Enix would do something ffs.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
If it continues doing well, it might encourage Square Enix to bring more games to Xbox.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
More people need to buy this game on Xbox till it's #1... To the point SE quietly adds Xbox as a platform to those games they announced at E3 missing the Xbox logo at their press conference...

Releasing more Japanese games on Xbox One, even if only digitally due to the minimum disc orders on Xbox, and offering more people on more platforms the opportunity to play these games can only be a good thing.

Last edited:

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'm unfamiliar with the landscape of the platform so I'm not sure if this is good or not.

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
On the contrary, I won't be surprised if the only reason SE agreed to this was if MS foot some dev costs. Chances are they were already profitable on this out of the gate.

That said, this is heartening. Hopefully other devs take notice.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we really know how good this is though? I mean who's to say how many copies it takes to reach top 10 on the Xbox store in a month like June. I remember Hellblade getting up in the top 5 I think and yet it only sold around 50,000 copies or so in that launch week.

Last edited:

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Do we really know how good this is though? I mean who's to say how many copies it takes to reach top 10 on the Xbox store in a month like June. I remember Hellblade getting up in the top 5 I think and yet it only sold around 50,000 copies or so in that launch week.

We don't know. Speculating that it did well or made its money back already is really premature.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017

That would be $2.5m if it sold even that much. Do we have any idea how much a port costs?

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Fellow Xbox owners, make sure you buy this if you want more Japanese games on the system. Obviously it has to interest you but it is a superb game.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Will be buying it soon. It was one of my jealous games that ps4 got. Very nice to see it on xbox. I will play it with skirt on.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Bought it for the one x, maybe they put out a physical copy one of these days.

I really want Microsoft to pursue more Japanese games like the 360 days.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this is enough to discredit the "Xbox doesn't play Japanese games though" people, because people seem to be buying a year late port of a game for $50 and I wouldn't be surprised if Square have already made their money back.
If anyone actually thinks this, would a single game "almost" breaking the top 10 be "enough" to discredit that? lol

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This isn't exactly any relative information, War Thunder is at #2 and that's an early access paid version of a free game. I expected it to hit #1 the week it released with how little competition there was that week.