• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who the hell eats food aggressively, bangs on keyboards, or stomps because they're angry? People ain't fucking cartoons in reality.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I remember reading this series back in middle school and enjoying it. They're very flawed books but I still think that the dragons are the most interesting aspect of them, more specifically the friendship between dragon and dragonrider. If the author focused more on that aspect and less on the cringy romance with the elf, or the boring adventures of the protagonist's brother, I think the books would've been better.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's heavily disliked for a variety of reasons. I think the vitriol it receives is a tad much, but I read that first book years ago and did not care for it

The first book is written pretty poorly. Even young me noticed that relative to other novels I was reading at the time. But I do think he improves pretty dramatically as the series goes on, even if the story is the story by that point.

Fair enough, but even so,....you know he's gonna return. Even the author frames book 5 as "returning to Alagaesia"

I'm not so sure. And I think "returning to Alagaesia" means the author and the reader returning, not Eragon and Saphira, for the reasons written in the last book's ending.

Obviously he can always bring him back if he so chooses, but it was not in his plans as of the end of the series originally.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Read and enjoyed the first two a ton when I was really young, then my disillusionment came from a combo of the terrible movie and the fact that the final book was split into two parts and they took way too long to come out so I wasnt interested anymore. There was always a part of me that knew it was kinda cringey but eh

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I've got all four on my bookshelf, I'm ashamed to admit. I don't even have the excuse of youth.
I'm 40 now, so I guess I was in my early 30s when I read the first two.
Stopped there. I couldn't take the terribad anymore.
I get he was pretty damn young when he started. But... Yikes.