• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
  • You need to retrieve a car but happen to get a single scratch on it and, you guessed it, mission failed
  • You broke the speed limit, the cops are now on your ass, Mafia 2 style
  • Your string of killings and mayhem have not gone unnoticed and your face is now on national television, forcing you to have facial plastic surgery by a med-school drop out backdoor wannabe surgeon
  • Hair and beard growth seems like a given

What do you guys expect?

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Expect? Nah. They're two different games, with two different goals in mind. I'd like it if there were more realism/simulation in GTA though, but I just don't see it happening.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I hope the game will reward me for choosing to explore and take the views on my own pace and time instead of forcing it upon me. And better coherent mission designs.

i Expect however, to get none of that.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
You need to go to the toilet. Can take off pants on a press of a button. Otherwise you shit on the spot where you are. lol

On a serious note i hope the world is more alive. GTA V was pretty much empty and you couldnt go in most of the buildings. I want packed malls, rush hours, more encounters on the road.

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i hope rockstar will re think their design goals in the next game, the insistence of some developers to have annoying "realistic" survival elements in open world games is a very annoying trend that really needs to stop.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
Well written women protagonist or at least one women story (as in Trevor Michael Franklyn).

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
They should just give us Max Payne 3 style gameplay and that is personally all I will ever want from a new GTA. Bullet time was already there in place when you played as Michael.

I never understood Rockstar's fascination with not following the gameplay standards set by Max Payne 3.

I'd also welcome a female lead, ex Yakuza turned assassin-for-hire, with a sword.

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Real time tax payments, otherwise you'll get a non-stop 5 star wanted level.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I hope they don't but think they will.

The obvious annoying one that no one has mentioned yet is fuel.

All cars will have fuel levels and you'll have to constantly refuel your vehicle. Random cars that you don't own will probably have less fuel by default so you have to keep switching.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
The way vehicles are managed in GTA V is already too realistic for my tastes. There is no way to retrieve a customized vehicle if you wrecked it, so once you have your dream car you basically have to drive it like a grampa unless you want to go hunt for another one and customize it all over again. In Saints Row for example, once a car is saved, you can have it delivered anytime even if you've misplaced or destroyed it. I know there's something like that in GTA online with the insurance but why is it not in SP mode ? Even the impound isn't reliable, I lost many cool cars by simply starting a mission in them that forced me to abandon them somewhere never to be found again.

In VI I'm totally expecting the cars will have fuel.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect it but I really want it. GTA will be their casual franchise.

I loved those features in Mafia.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the next protagonist to spend 5 minutes sliding into position in order to grab a box of matches only to look at it up close, but you actually wanted to pick up a weapon next to it.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I was, but I thought about it and GTA might be their respite from another serious game.

If there are any simulation elements I think the extent of it will be translating ideas from RDR2 - beard growth, taking to NPCs, retrieving weapons from the trunk of your car.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I would be up for more pedestrians, things happening on the streets, large differences based on time (4am almost no cars, 8am highways loaded). I think GTAV did some of that, though.

Don't make the world any larger, but deeper. Impress people with how you can do more things at the city and the countryside. Show how the city is truly alive and you can play and affect it in many ways. How maybe now we get closer to being able to enter many buildings and do meaningful things there (even if it's just to use to run away from the cops, or hide and seek in multiplayer. Give me malls that have a cool interior to play around! Maybe even a bit of destruction?

They might not go this route, but whatever they're working on, I'm looking forward to it!
I don't expect actual realism, but rather improvements on simulation that make the experience more fun overall.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really really would like to, the realism, simulation aspects of rdr 2 were my favorites. But I don't expect similar approach for next gta. It's all goofy fun n shit. Like gta 5

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
I would like more realism but not in a inconvenient way, like someone already mentioned above I would really love if we could enter buildings and some more malls/shops, also smarter NPCS that you can interact with maybe some destructible environments? like Just cause but maybe toned down a little to make it more realistic

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
Count on hundreds of interior-detailed buildings you can enter. The rest of those ideas though sort of go against the established gameplay so I sort of doubt it.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
With how big GTAV ended up being I doubt they would do something that could turn people off from playing it, the causuals that are buying GTA aren't looking for realism but for crazy shit to do.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not at all. I think it served RDR2 well but that is not the direction they should take their games in.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I hope GTA 6 will be released only on PS5/Next Xbox. We need that Ryzen CPU power.
I hope the cars will have great destruction as well.I dont expect BeamNG kinda destruction but GTA 4 had better car destruction than GTA 5. It was really fun driving around in GTA 4 and and just wreck the car

Oct 27, 2017
Give me some bullshit reason as to why I can't leave the city instead of having it be an island. Always takes me out of the game, and frustrates more given that artificial walls are magically a-okay when they happen to be at sea.

Gorger

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I hope we get something similar to the San Andreas treatment.

Food was an interesting prospect in RDR 2, but something I felt really didn't work quite right. I like the concept of having to eat and drink and that neglecting food has consequences, but it was never clear to me when Arthur was hungry or not. So I ended up being underweight almost immediately and I stayed that way throughout most of the game cause I only felt like eating when my health cores were getting low, and depending on what I was doing it could take days between each meals.

Having more indications when you were hungry like tummy rumbling or Arthur making comments would be a better reminder for me that I need to eat. Also there should be more immediate severe punishments like dizziness and being generally much weaker during fights or having less energy for running. Maybe a food meter would be a better idea, cause it would also prevent you from overeating which should also have consequences. I think San Andreas was really fun in that regard. You could go to the gym and work out and get buffed or stuff yourself with junk food all day to get fat. You also saw a physical difference in your character depending on how you threated him.

So yeah generally I want a dynamic character where clothing, food, bling, cleanliness, workout all has an accumulating effect in how you present yourself to the world and how other characters view you.

OP
OP
Knight in Shining Armani
Oct 30, 2017
With how big GTAV ended up being I doubt they would do something that could turn people off from playing it, the causuals that are buying GTA aren't looking for realism but for crazy shit to do.

Considering RDR2 might be the best selling game of the year, I'm not sure that "we want less realism!" is the message being sent here.

At this point with the money, prestige and reception they'll do what they want to do.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
No, I think they learned that lesson with 4->5. 5 being best selling game ever, and was made after RDR. I don't think they feel the need for more realism.

Feb 10, 2018
I think GTA6 will take the talking system and Npc realism from RDR2.

RDR2 is the most realistic depiction of a town/city in videogames.
The sound of the surroundings(horse and kart, people, animals), the behaviors of people and what they say. All this combined with the visuals result in the most life like town environment yet.

These little things many of us take for granted but result in a game appearing more life like.
So I expect this new level of detail in the new GTA.
The next GTA will feel "alive" like RDR2 does.

For example in GTA6 you walk down a back street with rats eating trash, there will be steam coming out of shops boiler chimneys, some guy will pop out the back of a restaurant emptying a mop bucket while swearing about the head chef.
Or you will witness the trash men emptying trash cans, talking about current events of the game world and reacting to the player if in close proximity.

It's little details like this that are the difference to something obviously feeling like a video game or feeling like a real place.

Shits gonna be unreal.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. They tried that with 4 and then went super arcadey with 5 and made a bazillion bucks. If anything I expect them to go full Saints Row and have mech suits and shit seeing all the crazy stuff they put in GTA Online.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
All that I want in these games is more realistic wanted levels and being able to get away with things easier.