• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I think this is known trivia that originally Code Veronica was supposed to actually be Resident Evil 3, mas Capcom had a deal with Sony that ended up making the Side game become the main line with Last Escape ( Resident Evil 3).

So with that in mind, let's talk about remakes.

Resident Evil 3 is more actiony, but very much in tune with RE2. i Would compare Resident Evil 3 closer to a Dino Crisis, but not Dino Crisis 2. It's more action, it's a shorter burst of gameplay, but it is still the classic series.

Code veronica on the other hand, is a bigger game. More heavily focused on the original established feel of the series and it's quite obviously the half step between RE 2 and RE 4. Way more than RE 3 actually is...

So, remaking RE3 is a cheaper project. No doubt about it. Game is short, you can reuse a ton of materials from RE2 remake into it and it's just an overall faster project to complete after RE2 remake.

Code veronica on the other hand, hasn't received a whole lot of love like the other games in the franchise and even though it's a bigger, more expensive project to make... i think it would bring a bigger "pop" out of the audience.

So, what would the correct call here? Revamp RE 3 and make it a bigger game out of the remake? Make it DLC down the line for RE2 Remake? Focus on Code Veronica?

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's got to be a Resident Evil 3. Origins aside, it's actually a fantastic, concise genre game. I'd also personally prefer that, as it's issues could and would likely be fixed in a remake. R3make could end up better than REmake 2.

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, remaking RE3 is a cheaper project. No doubt about it. Game is short, you can reuse a ton of materials from RE2 remake into it and it's just an overall faster project to complete after RE2 remake.

Why do people keep saying this? RE2 assets were like 2% of RE3.

They'd have to model Downtown Raccoon city, Uptown Raccoon City (with the indoors), City Hall, Cable Car Station, Hospital, Clock Tower, Factory, among other areas from scratch.

Also, let CV be, we have no reason to ever see Steve Burnside again.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I'm conflicted. I want a Code Veronica REmake more, but if they go straight to that then they won't go back and do RE3 later

They'd have to model Downtown Raccoon city, Uptown Raccoon City (with the indoors), City Hall, Cable Car Station, Hospital, Clock Tower, Factory, among other areas from scratch.
Tbf they could have included some of those areas in RE2 for all we know, they certainly seem like they are showing more of the city this time around.

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
I think it would be RE3. I'd love to see Capcom do Dino Crisis in this style though.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

We're going to visit more parts in RE2make so maybe we'll have more areas crossing over.

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbf they could have included some of those areas in RE2 for all we know, they certainly seem like they are showing more of the city this time around.

The other areas of the city Leon and Claire explored (from Kendo's Gun Shop leading to the RPD) were completely exclusive to the areas Jill explored in RE3 with the exception of a couple spaces directly touching the RPD.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Dino crisis should be next.
But between RE3 and CV, RE3 should be next since it takes place before/same/after RE2 so i think it makes the most sense.

But code veronica remake is also exciting as well.

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
Combine both in one single game that let's you play both campaigns from different perspectives

think Resident evil 6, but only 2 campaigns instead of 4

Resident Evil 3: Code Veronica

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
3 a better game then Code Veronica, no remake will ever fix that piece of shit game.

Not only is Code Veronica a great game, the whole point of a remake is to aim to enhance an existing product. Code Veronica would benefit much more from a remake than RE3 if only by virtue of being a more ambitious and brazen game than what was the equivalent of RE2.5.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 3 Remake is already in development.

I hope Code Veronica happens as I do feel it's the RE game most in need of a remake, but RE3 is the last mainline RE game that needed a version for easier porting in the future (RE0, RE1, RE2 (after REmake 2 comes out), Code Veronica, RE4, RE5, RE6, RE7, Revelations & Revelations 2 all have versions on MT Framework and RE Engine that be ported to future consoles, only RE3 is missing after REmake 2). Code Veronica I think depends more on how well REmake 2 and REmake 3 does though.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RE3 is PS1, CV is PS2. That alone is enough argument that RE3 deserves it more.

Not to mention RE3 is by FAR the better game and CV is the worst classic RE title.

Is this coming from your sources or that interview a while back that said CAPCOM was open to do more remakes?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
After RE2make, unless they announce a quick turnaround for a RE3make, I would rather have them spend the next year(s) focusing on the new game(s). Either RE8 or Revelations 3.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

I hope Code Veronica happens as I do feel it's the RE game most in need of a remake, but RE3 is the last mainline RE game that needed a version for easier porting in the future (RE0, RE1, RE2 (after REmake 2 comes out), Code Veronica, RE4, RE5, RE6, RE7, Revelations & Revelations 2 all have versions on MT Framework and RE Engine that be ported to future consoles, only RE3 is missing after REmake 2). Code Veronica I think depends more on how well REmake 2 and REmake 3 does though.
Apparently the recent article in the UK magazine seems to hint Veronica is planned along with 3 so if 3 is already in dev I guess that's a lock.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
The other areas of the city Leon and Claire explored (from Kendo's Gun Shop leading to the RPD) were completely exclusive to the areas Jill explored in RE3 with the exception of a couple spaces directly touching the RPD.
Yea I know, this doesn't really affect the what-if scenario I'm putting forward here

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
RE3 is PS1, CV is PS2. That alone is enough argument that RE3 deserves it more.

Not to mention RE3 is by FAR the better game and CV is the worst classic RE title.

Is this coming from your sources or that interview a while back that said CAPCOM was open to do more remakes?

Sources, I'm keeping my lips sealed on anything else so don't ask, but REmake 3 is in full development right now. I think beyond that they're waiting to see how REmake 2 and REmake 3 perform, but REmake 2 almost assuredly is going to perform well.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Sources, I'm keeping my lips sealed on anything else so don't ask, but REmake 3 is in full development right now. I think beyond that they're waiting to see how REmake 2 and REmake 3 perform, but REmake 2 almost assuredly is going to perform well.

Keep us posted if there is any CV-related development in the years to follow

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OH YEAH BOI
tumblr_nm2ztnltr61txcarco1_400.gif

Dec 6, 2017
US

Dude, stop. REmake 2 is already making me hyperventilate every time it comes up and a fleshed-out remake of 3 on top of it might be the coolest shit ever paired with it. My god...

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They probably shouldn't go around remaking mediocre stuff that (more importantly) don't have much of a fanbase.

Oct 26, 2017

It's true for level design but there will be 10000s of individual objects that can be reused for RE3 without needing to think about it seeing as it's in the same city an same timeframe.

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea remake 3 has been in dev for a lil while now, also they are seeing how onimusha remaster performs before thinking of doing other onimusha games

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I know, this doesn't really affect the what-if scenario I'm putting forward here

Except the OP is proclaiming that an RE3 remake is a cheaper project as a statement of fact. You're just assuming they're going to create RE3 maps in RE2make.

It's true for level design but there will be 10000s of individual objects that can be reused for RE3 without needing to think about it seeing as it's in the same city an same timeframe.

If by 1000's of objects you mean assets like Chairs/Bookshelves/Cupboareds/Tables/etc? Then those same objects can also be recycled for a CV remake too. Why would a desk in raccoon city have to be so wildly different than a desk in an Umbrella base?

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Nemesis alone is much more exciting than anything in CV.

I wonder what they could do with Nemesis using current tech.

There could many more unpredictable ways to have him attack the player.