• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
3 all day every day. I know it pales to 2 in every way, but the nemesis was awesome. code veronica is the only re game i never played through twice, thought it was godawful.

Oct 26, 2017
If by 1000's of objects you mean assets like Chairs/Bookshelves/Cupboareds/Tables/etc? Then those same objects can also be recycled for a CV remake too. Why would a desk in raccoon city have to be so wildly different than a desk in an Umbrella base?

It wouldn't but when you have a huge library of lamp posts, Street signs, wrecked cars, bricks, rubble, cones, barriers, broken glass, shrubs, cans, pipes and such, you can pad out a decent looking city pretty quickly. Not saying there aren't plenty of specific locations and items they need to do more work for of course, but to my mind, when I look at what's impressive about RE3 backgrounds it's the amount of junk lying around.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sources, I'm keeping my lips sealed on anything else so don't ask, but REmake 3 is in full development right now. I think beyond that they're waiting to see how REmake 2 and REmake 3 perform, but REmake 2 almost assuredly is going to perform well.

Nice, expected but still nice to read this.

I hope RE 3 remake does well too, it's a less popular game than RE 2 but it has everything to be a better game this time around with a remake.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica would be way more interesting to me in the REmake2 engine. I love 3 but it's kind of an expansion pack in Racoon City.

Code Veronica would be more like 4 given the camera and gameplay improvements in a much cooler setting.

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
3 a better game then Code Veronica, no remake will ever fix that piece of shit game.
At last, a person of taste.

Code Veronica was such an embarrassment, they had to turn the series on its head with RE4 to save it.

RE3 is as action-y as classic RE ever got, so an action game is what they should do with it. I never liked the game much because I think none of the gameplay novelties they introduced in it (randomized puzzles, alternative choices, powder mixing, Nemesis fights) was particularly interesting nor very well implemented within the limits of classic RE. So a remake would be ace.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I hope CODE Veronica, but im sure its RE3, they already have a foundation they could even reuse assets and Nemesis was an iconic monster

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RE3 then Code Veronica (I thought CV was an excellent game despite its flaws).

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica. RE3 isn't a bad game or anything but it's among the least memorable in the series. Also Wesker's legendary performance in CV deserves the new engine treatment.

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica (the true RE3) needs a remake first. RE3's concept is dope enough to make a new game but I'd be ok not revisiting it. It's aged pretty badly(worse than RE1/RE2 for me.)

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sources, I'm keeping my lips sealed on anything else so don't ask, but REmake 3 is in full development right now. I think beyond that they're waiting to see how REmake 2 and REmake 3 perform, but REmake 2 almost assuredly is going to perform well.
Very nice to hear.

Do you know if there have been talks about a remake of Dino Crisis in the same style? Any sort of small acknowledgment around the lines of "yeah we talked about that" or "yeah we are fans of Dino Crisis"?

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 3 Remake is already in development.

I hope Code Veronica happens as I do feel it's the RE game most in need of a remake, but RE3 is the last mainline RE game that needed a version for easier porting in the future (RE0, RE1, RE2 (after REmake 2 comes out), Code Veronica, RE4, RE5, RE6, RE7, Revelations & Revelations 2 all have versions on MT Framework and RE Engine that be ported to future consoles, only RE3 is missing after REmake 2). Code Veronica I think depends more on how well REmake 2 and REmake 3 does though.
Can you say if its a next-gen game or a PS4/XONE game?

risnuff

Nov 1, 2017
NoVa
Capcom should do them in order. Same team that's doing the RE2 remake should do 3 and then Code Veronica. If the rumors that they're already working on 3 are true, that's fantastic, and would very likely be rewarded with good sales, as I don't see the RE2 remake doing anything other than very well.

Dino crisis should be next.

^ Although I also really like this idea.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Code Veronica biggest achievement was the 3rd person camera system they used. But was at that moment things start to go whacky, with Wesker and Alexa.

But nemesis, man Nemesis is the perfect emboidment of what re is all about. People seem to have forgotten, but they should not. They feel the despair, the frustration, the actual creature created just to kill you. The resident evil.(yeaaaaaaahhhhh)

Also, people need to understand what happens to raccoon city.

Oct 28, 2017
3 a better game then Code Veronica, no remake will ever fix that piece of shit game.
My man.

Besides beyond that, RE3 is a game with soooooo much potential with remake due to its central gimmick. The motherfucking Nemesis. A modern Nemesis stalking you throughout the game would be absolutely terrifying in the best possible way. What they could do with Nemesis in a modern game is just so exciting to think about.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
My man.

Besides beyond that, RE3 is a game with soooooo much potential with remake due to its central gimmick. The motherfucking Nemesis. A modern Nemesis stalking you throughout the game would be absolutely terrifying in the best possible way. What they could do with Nemesis in a modern game is just so exciting to think about.

Something like Alien: Isolation...

hmmmmm

But nemesis, man Nemesis is the perfect emboidment of what re is all about. People seem to have forgotten, but they should not. They feel the despair, the frustration, the actual creature created just to kill you. The resident evil.(yeaaaaaaahhhhh)

Well, I haven't forget a thing. Indeed, I remember playing RE3 with my friends and being scared when Nemesis jumped through the window in the Police Station. But that was just the begining. What came after was something that you just might not understand if you had not played the games back then, but realizing Nemesis followed you THROUGH DOORS was beyond shoking. We even blew zumbi heads with the Magnum thinking it was him afterward...

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Nice, expected but still nice to read this.

I hope RE 3 remake does well too, it's a less popular game than RE 2 but it has everything to be a better game this time around with a remake.
I hope they inject a bit more action into it(combat-wise, not thematically), RE3 is more suitable for that than 2, or at least just expand a little bit on the parry system.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

hmmmmm

Well, I haven't forget a thing. Indeed, I remember playing RE3 with my friends and being scared when Nemesis jumped through the window in the Police Station. But that was just the begining. What came after was something that you just might not understand if you had not played the games back then, but realizing Nemesis followed you THROUGH DOORS was beyond shoking. We even blew zumbi heads with the Magnum thinking it was him afterward...
Exactly, was kinda hilarious that sometimes he gently open and then closed the door before pursuing you, but the shit your moment was when he actually smashed the door with no warning or whatsoever.

Also, wouldn't be a shame if someone took that helicopter down?

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland

hmmmmm

Yep, when he followed me thru a door I was shocked. It was like a safety net that you never even knew existed was just suddenly gone.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like RE3 or CV that much.
I would take Dino Crisis remake over that.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Exactly, was kinda hilarious that sometimes he gently open and then closed the door before pursuing you, but the shit your moment was when he actually smashed the door with no warning or whatsoever.

Also, wouldn't be a shame if someone took that helicopter down?

That's what happened when you give a BOW a fucking Rocket Launcher. Indeed, I was talking just above with another user how I think how RE3 gameplay mechanics are not superficial and the reason is connected to this. As kids we never really learned how to dodge properly, but back then realizing you could dodge even Nemesis rockets was amazing. He was this threatening, nigh unstoppable force but it somehow felt you could give as good as you get. The balance RE3 got between making Jill feel ovewhelmed by Nemesis but also giving you the tools to not feel utterly powerless is simply timeless. And the one thing a remake would have to get perfectly to live up to the now almost 2 decades old game.