Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
If Square Enix think it is worth doing then of course it's feasible. Keep in mind that DQ11 did take a loooong time to port (a good portion of that time was waiting on UE4 developments though) and we don't know at what cost.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
The games just arent great imo so switch owners arent missing out with those

Last edited:

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Can someone explain the appeal of Kingdom Hearts to me? I love RPGs so more are always welcome, but do you need to like Disney stuff to be interested? As someone who has next to no connection to any Disney character outside of Incredibles, Toy Story and Wall-E I feel like I'd be missing out on a lot

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. KH3 is significantly more taxing, and doesn't have the benefit of instanced battles.
Can someone explain the appeal of Kingdom Hearts to me? I love RPGs so more are always welcome, but do you need to like Disney stuff to be interested? As someone who has next to no connection to any Disney character outside of Incredibles, Toy Story and Wall-E I feel like I'd be missing out on a lot
The combat systems are genuinely top-tier ARPG stuff, and the music is phenomenal. A bunch of us are also into the original characters.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They can probably get it to run, but it'll look like crap, at least in handheld mode.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd take the KH Collection over KH3. KH3 isn't even that good

Me too but I think I'd probably give KHIII way more of a shot portably. I don't even think gameplay graphics would be that much of a downgrade but they would probably have to turn some of the real time cutscenes into video to match the look.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
yeah but is it? I would think VIIR would have to become a pocket edition with chibi characters. Same for KH3. a blend between the mobile visuals and the console ones.

Maybe if KH3 had the same visuals as KH2, that style. Then it could work on Switch.
... Why would they have to be chibi?

Also SQEX please make this so I can have chibi Cloud.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It's totally feasible and would probably come closer to the X86 versions than many expect. Much like DQXI has.

That said, no thanks. There's a mountain of other stuff I'd prefer SE port and remaster for Switch before the KH series.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I think every KH game is feasible except the new KH3.

Heck, just because DQXI can be on Switch, does not mean FFVII Remake can? Who knows.
I'm pretty sure SE is going to release FF7R on as many consoles as possible, if it's not on the Switch, it's on the next "gen" Nintendo platform.

Also KH3 is largely possible but I feel like they're not as interested at least not before the first 2 main come, to see if it as potential.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
yeah but is it? I would think VIIR would have to become a pocket edition with chibi characters. Same for KH3. a blend between the mobile visuals and the console ones.

Maybe if KH3 had the same visuals as KH2, that style. Then it could work on Switch.
Lol.

The FF15 pocket edition happened because the Switch arrived too late and FF15 is a mess of a game. Definiyely harder to port than any of their more recent games.

I'd be more shocked if FF7R didn't come than KH3 actually.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
it could work, but DQXIS is a turn based RPG and KH3 is an action game with massive maps

It's the sorta thing where it'd be impressive but I'd feel bad for anyone who'd have their first exposure to the game through it, especially docked.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
As a KH fan since childhood even I would prefer the KH collection over KH3.

But yeah KH3 was nearly 60fps on PS4 so I think it can work on the switch with a few downgrades.

Salamiaddict

May 15, 2018
Northern Germany
The demo crashed while playing twice and once while I was on the phone and the game was just on... I'm scared to buy the witcher now. I think it's a little too much for the switch

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand KH3 is a game pushing the hardware way further than DQXI, it was surprising to see the game not running at 60fps on PS4 honestly, because as artistically nice as it looks is not doing anything special in tech.

KH3 if anything is a firework particle spectacle, with lots of effects going on during combat. Effects that can be quite taxing on the hardware and are part of the experience.

On the other hand any game can 'run' on switch if enough work is done. Dead Rising was ported to Wii, but then it had to not just downgrade the graphics but change considerably the gameplay. If Dead Rising can be ported from 360 to Wii, I'm sure that everything can be ported to switch.

So yeah... KH3 can run on Switch, the issue is at what cost.

Deleted member 11832

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure you can do it. But at what price ?

KH3 with Witcher 3 level downgrades would make the Disney/Pixar world's and characters look like complete dogshit.

I don't think neither Disney nor Square would want to do that.

Expect a made-for Switch spin-off instead.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Sure but it'll look like shit. And run at 30fps. Not worth the effort.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Throw in 358/2 as well so I can actually play it rather than watching cutscenes.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Anything is feasible at this point. I actually wouldn't mind the entire damn collection being on there.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Maybe they'll release it on Switch in the "Kingdom Hearts Everything but the Kitchen Sink" collection