• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
Kid has access to a loaded firearm and has an "if I don't get my way fuck everything" attitude. I'll bet a $100 his parents are republicans.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Kid has access to a loaded firearm and has an "if I don't get my way fuck everything" attitude. I'll bet a $100 his parents are republicans.
The kid did not have what anyone would consider "access" under normal circumstances. There isn't much you can do against someone determined to get past a lock.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Yikes.

Yeah, their child has issues. They also underestimated their kid's observational and technical skills, because the kid knew where to get his dad's keys and unlock his cruiser to have access to his weaponry. Trying out the taser on the dog? Scary stuff.

How would you deal with this going forward? That kid isn't even a teen, yet. What kind of support system is in Indiana that they can get proper therapy for the child?
It's an extremely complicated issue. Could this kid even get rehabilitated? Is there any way to save him at this point? Do we just lock him up until he gets fine?

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
220px-The_Good_Son_%28movie_poster%29.jpg

Mr. Giggles

Oct 31, 2017
This kid needs help FAST. Also, kids are smart, this little guy knew where stuff was and how to get it....gun safes are pointless if they aren't stored well

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Gun was locked up and he still got at it. As has already been stated in this topic, it's not about gun control. It's about a mentally unstable child who would find a way to hurt somebody no matter what

It really is about both. I know it must be difficult when you've grow up with guns being normalised in society but from the outside, in the majority of people in countries without the major gun proliferation find it strange how the number of gun related deaths are so high in America but the laws never change. Its the main reason I would never move to America.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
Jesus fucking Christ this kid needs help. I'm glad nobody was killed but this is so fucked up.
After reading about the father jailed earlier this week for attempting to organise an acid attack on his three-year-old child in order to get back at the estranged mother, nothing will surprise me again. It's clear that this kid is unwell. I hope he gets the health that he needs. I just wonder if there is more to the story.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
It really is about both. I know it must be difficult when you've grow up with guns being normalised in society but from the outside, in the majority of people in countries without the major gun proliferation find it strange how the number of gun related deaths are so high in America but the laws never change. Its the main reason I would never move to America.

If you know so much about this country you would also we have a serious mental health crisis. If this kid didn't get gun he'd have stabbed his father in the back. Getting rid of the guns wouldn't have stopped this kid from hurting someone. He would have found a way.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
If you know so much about this country you would also we have a serious mental health crisis. If this kid didn't get gun he'd have stabbed his father in the back. Getting rid of the guns wouldn't have stopped this kid from hurting someone. He would have found a way.

Guns make it a lot easier. You just have to squeeze a trigger.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I couldn't imagine wanting to peel my dad's cap because he didn't let me play video games. Jesus. Get that kid some help. At least the poor guy lived.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine being that family. How they come back from this? How do they deal with their kid? What a fucked up situation.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Guns make it a lot easier. You just have to squeeze a trigger.
This seems to ignore that there was effort involved with acquiring access to the firearm and dismissive of the mental health issue at the core. No doubt the US has a gun issue but there are bigger issues at play here.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't imagine wanting to peel my dad's cap because he didn't let me play video games. Jesus. Get that kid some help. At least the poor guy lived.

Same here this is just wild. When my old man took my games away as punishment for something, my ass would plot ways to play them on the low then put them back in his stash spot before he got home from work. My father owned a few guns and shooting him never once crossed my mind. This kid needs help, has some severe mental issues going on obviously. Good luck to him and his family because by the looks of it they are going to need it.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017

You seem to know a lot about the mental state of the kid! There is big difference with pulling a trigger and stabbing someone. If you have this attitude towards guns then it's no surprise America has the problem it does.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
You seem to know a lot about the mental state of the kid! There is big difference with pulling a trigger and stabbing someone. If you have this attitude towards guns then it's no surprise America has the problem it does.
You realize this kid is likely a sociopath, right? He already got the animal torture marker.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
You realize this kid is likely a sociopath, right? He already got the animal torture marker.

You don't even need to know that to realize it. The fact he gets arrested and while arrested says there will be a part 2 if he doesn't get his games? Add in the fact this was a planned attack and not even a heat of passion. That in itself says something ain't right with that kid and looks very much like a psychopath.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Era continues to disappoint with regards to mental illness. Hopefully the kid gets the help he so dearly needs.