• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I stopped posting there (under another name, wasnt that active anyway) before the whole thing came up, so its good to see old and new faces here

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Welcome! I also lurked the old forum for many years before finally becoming active the last year. After seeing what it turned into im sure glad ResetERA popped up.

I love everything about this place. I've said it before and I'll say it again.

flook

Oct 28, 2017
I was just a lazy lurker back there - I applied once years ago (early ps360 days) but never bothered chasing it up. I'll probably lurk a lot here too.

Deleted member 20603

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ex-lurker here too. It feels weird knowing mostly everyone while being unknown myself. I'd just like to tell all the community out there that I read your posts daily, and you all reshaped many of my opinions and thought process, for the better. You make a difference every day even if it doesn't feel like it! Thank you

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Same story here. I finally got approved the week before "the incident".

Loving the community here.

shin_yf

Oct 27, 2017
Registered in the other forum but a lurker too! (still a junior for few years)
Hope I can move out from my lazy shell to engage more in new Era ;)

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome my dude!

I lurked GAF for a loooong time before joining (like 6 years, found it through looking for info on a then soon to be released Scribblenauts). Only got to be a member for ~2 years before it died.
The community is here and not dead, though. And that's what matters.

ZixlerBavala

Oct 29, 2017
I never had access to a PAID EMAIL to register on GAF on the first place. So I lurked. Frankly, it's not half as interesting as being able to participate in the conversations yourself, but what can you do?

But now I have one, and I was approved in under a day! I was waaaaaay more happy than one should be when he's allowed to register in a gaming forum.

Last edited:

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Lurked Gaf for years, registration got rejected shortly before "the incident".. so I didn't have an account to burn
and now i'm in here and its great!

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
same here I used to lurk GAF for years, borrowed a premium email for this revolution.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ex-lurker here too. It feels weird knowing mostly everyone while being unknown myself. I'd just like to tell all the community out there that I read your posts daily, and you all reshaped many of my opinions and thought process, for the better. You make a difference every day even if it doesn't feel like it! Thank you
Thumbs up! Same for me.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Welcome dear Lurker, may you have a really good and active time here :D

Yorxor

Oct 27, 2017
Munich, Germany
As I wrote in another Era introduction thread already: I also was reading GAF for years without ever trying to get an account there, due to the rampant arrogance and elitism dealing with new members, well actually the rampant arrogance in general.

So Era being very different in this and the climate so far being very welcoming, I decided to participate this time around from the very get go.

Hi again to all!

@Virtu Al:
Might I ask how you have thread starting privileges already?

Michael B

Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
As I wrote in another Era introduction thread already: I also was reading GAF for years without ever trying to get an account there, due to the rampant arrogance and elitism dealing with new members, well actually the rampant arrogance in general.

So Era being very different in this and the climate so far being very welcoming, I decided to participate this time around from the very get go.

Hi again to all!

@Virtu Al:
Might I ask how you have thread starting privileges already?

There was a grace period for the first couple days where new users got full privileges. Fortunately the requirements for thread starting privileges are shorter now.

ElitePenguin

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome! It took me about 7+ months of lurking on GAF until I was finally approved. I'm happy it took much less time this time around.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Long time listener at least 3 yrs on the old site never applied
First time account
Very pleased with the community welcoming me
I really look forward to joining gaming communities espicially the rock band group who migrated
Excited to vote in the classic goty threads
Expect to be active in the monthly purchase and what ya playing threads

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool to see so many people joining in, welcome. Those out there don't be afraid to stop lurking and jump in!

JPWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Long time lurker here. I waited for my account to get approved for a year at the other forum and never happend, but here i got approved in 1 day !
I´m so excited to be part of this community :)

iAmPossum

Oct 29, 2017
Used to lurk in the old forums whole lot since the 1UP days. Registered here a week ago and it was incredibly quick! I registered there in January of this year and still was waiting for the full privileges of posting.

I expect it to be a part of good company in ResetEra so I am happy to be here.

Last edited: