• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the proportions are so bad it looks like you're sitting in the back seat

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Never liked it really.

This and Toyotas in general for a while.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Was never a fan of the styling. Once those concepts came out I knew it was over for the supra. Mk4 still king.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
So sexy!!!
I must have.
I will have this, if it's reasonably priced.
I'm guessing $42,000, $39,000 would be the fkn sweet spot to ensure this sells.

Last edited:

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
This is prime case of concept car visual tricks not translating well into production car

What's up with Toyota's love of uglifying their concept cars?

Take the headlights for example. Production cars with those super thin led lights have been around for a while now, even on their Lexus cars, but no.... Gotta make them massive and ugly like the early 2000s.

beins

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like a GT86 class car and not a size above like the old supra was. Notice how the concept car is much wider and longer. The production car looks like a toy compared to that. It has no aggression. Reminds me of a NB MX5.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
They should have just taken the old car, given it a face lift, modernised the interior, and called it a day. This new one is butt ugly, eww.

Last edited:

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017

Leaked front
It's got the prior gen Mazda3 insect look going with its front. Especially those headlights.

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not mad. I'm convinced Toyota has an ugly stick that it uses on its better-looking cars from time to time. Look at the FR-S and the new 86, for example. It's like plastic surgery gone wrong.

QwnLXfJaS-mEQoYlo78dMg

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toyota's stylists just don't know what they're doing anymore.

And it's a shame, because that appears to be Toyota's primary contribution to the Supra.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Looks too much like a FR-S but I bet the driving experience will be pretty great. Too expensive though and no manual option is garbage.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand who this car is for. Automatic-only. Looks like a GT86 but arguably worse. Rumored prices put it in competition with other cars with a lot more power. So it's like a much more costly GT86? Look how quickly that car flopped.

Toyota could have at least nailed the look.

Would have been better to just let the Supra die.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Those low 3/4 still shots are not particularly kind to it. Watching the video, this seems fine.

As with every new car design, there's going to be a ton of "old car good , new car bad" sentiment going around. It's inevitable. People grow attached to the car they know. And hey, I liked the old Supras too (in car games, anyway).

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
very proud of the masterful engineers for managing to add 20 HP to their previous mkIV, first manufactured in MCMXCVII AD

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Z4 is at 7:55min on the Nordschleife, given this is a hardtop and apparently even sportier I would say it's quite the improvement over the old one.

Every polarizing design needs some time to click with people. I like it, and it's not like there's many two seaters left.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The rear spoiler(?) looks like a fugly pompadour.

portrait-of-young-man-with-retro-classic-pompadour-hairstyle-studio-J43RHN.jpg

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
It saddens me that this will have a BMW engine. Sorry, no sale for me.
The BMW B58 engine in the MkV Supra could be considered as a modern-day turbo straight-six successor to Toyota's 2JZ-GTE used in the MkIV.

I had a non-turbo 2JZ when I had a Lexus IS300, good times. The B58 in my BMW M240i is definitely a fun ride too.