• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
This looks very much like a BMW but I've heard great things about the way it drives. I'll be interested in getting one if the 4-cylinder turbo version is reasonably priced (it won't be).

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
Looks like a BMW z3 with a shitty body kit on it.

Toyota has been producing nothing but econoboxes for so many years now they forgot how to design a halfway good looking car.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
This looks very much like a BMW but I've heard great things about the way it drives. I'll be interested in getting one if the 4-cylinder turbo version is reasonably priced (it won't be).

Looks like a BMW z3 with a shitty body kit on it.

Toyota has been producing nothing but econoboxes for so many years now they forgot how to design a halfway good looking car.

I mean it literally is a Z4 so yea 😭

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
And now there's this:
While the Z4 is available with a less-powerful turbocharged inline-four, the two cars' inline-six engines are extremely similar — both are 3.0 liters and offer more than 300 horsepower. However, the BMW version of this BMW engine makes 382 horsepower, while the Toyota-tuned version produces only 335 horses.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/14/2020-toyota-supra-vs-2019-bmw-z4-comparison/

So, now the Supra has less HP and is slower than the Z4. Umm good job?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
And now there's this:

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/14/2020-toyota-supra-vs-2019-bmw-z4-comparison/

So, now the Supra has less HP and is slower than the Z4. Umm good job?

WTF!?!?!
Its that down on power? But Why?

This engine can be software tuned to 400HP, no need to go crazy, for Sure Toyota got the short stick on this one.
They should have atleast gotten the engine 400+ Horespower....it being a couple should mean a sturdier chassis overall which would logically mean it would be capable of handling the higher output.

BMW tuners will obviously get this thing into the 5 - 600HP range day 1, but it should have come from the factory already beyond 400 touching. Its the frikken Supra.

I do like the racing version though....but maybe its just the livery and actually functional vents.
1280px-Geneva_International_Motor_Show_2018%2C_Le_Grand-Saconnex_%281X7A1651%29.jpg

1280px-Geneva_International_Motor_Show_2018%2C_Le_Grand-Saconnex_%281X7A1649%29.jpg

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
That teased that shit for years? Deserved to get leaked.

EDIT: *looks up*

Now that's a sexy motherfucker. Put that in a Gran Turismo Free Update trailer pronto.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
WTF!?!?!
Its that down on power? But Why?

This engine can be software tuned to 400HP, no need to go crazy, for Sure Toyota got the short stick on this one.
They should have atleast gotten the engine 400+ Horespower....it being a couple should mean a sturdier chassis overall which would logically mean it would be capable of handling the higher output.

BMW tuners will obviously get this thing into the 5 - 600HP range day 1, but it should have come from the factory already beyond 400 touching. Its the frikken Supra.

I do like the racing version though....but maybe its just the livery and actually functional vents.
1280px-Geneva_International_Motor_Show_2018%2C_Le_Grand-Saconnex_%281X7A1651%29.jpg

1280px-Geneva_International_Motor_Show_2018%2C_Le_Grand-Saconnex_%281X7A1649%29.jpg
That actually fixes some issues I have with the production model.

Since it's a wide body, it doesn't look stubby and ridiculous. The front bumper is a much better look too cause it doesn't look like a bunch of it is missing. Then there are the headlights, which look large as hell in the production, look better since there's more front due to the wider body.

Last edited:

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
it just looks like a car you would see in a Michael Bay Transformers movie. And not in a good way. The spoiler is huge, and the hump over the rear wheel is ridicuous and the air vent on the doors look horrible from the side and rear imho.

zHmueKf.jpg

I just really wished they made cars like the Datsun 240ZX (yes i know it's not a Supra).

58c8320a3d5f1_Exterior23-1-940x613.jpg

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Toyota had three options here. From an interview with the CEO:

1. Not build a new Supra -> get shit by fans
2. Build a Supra without an i6 (Toyota don't build them anymore) -> would get shit on by fans
3. Use the only i6 available to them while also splitting cost to build a car in a dying market.

Thanks to the bmw collaboration it'll have the highest quality interior in any Toyota like ever I suppose.

Lol what BMW looks anything like this?

You mean an uglier version of this:
bmw-z4.png
But doesn't Lexus uses turbo charged v6 which also is much more powerful. Even Camry and Avalon have v6 engine

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But doesn't Lexus uses turbo charged v6 which also is much more powerful. Even Camry and Avalon have v6 engine
It's a combination of things. Legend has it that BMW develops this car for Toyota and gets Fuel Cell tech in return. That was leaked like fife years ago. Guess FC is going no where and now they maybe just split cost.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
The gauges are incredibly ugly and are gonna date the car really quickly. I have no idea what they were thinking with it, looks really cheap in bright light with that super dim screen.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think it looks terrible at all, albeit, the nose could be smoothed out a bit.

As for the specs and reception, I really would have loved them to keep the FT86 as the small car with around 200 hp, but then make the new supra a jump in not only body and interior space, but I would say HP on its lowest model should be like 275hp, have a mid mid their at 335hp, and a special edition or something at like 400. Anything above even 350hp I think will be wild for that car just with how small it is.

And then sell the fact that this is an enthusiast car. Not saying Toyota should out right say to its customers to put the biggest turbo or supercharger on here, nitrous and modify the timing / combustion, but they should definitely over build the block at least. Then put some literature out there saying that it is a performance oriented engine (or some other nugget / Easter egg) and let the car community figure out they can easily mod the thing without tearing the whole engine down and replacing everything... that's what would make this thing a legend again!

Edit: That word of mouth would get around so quickly how"it's just like the old supra" that everyone has built this legend in their minds around and have all the kids frothing. Even if it didnt sell each kid a new supra, it would keep the toyota brand at the forefront of the kids minds when buying a car 5-10 years later, even I'd that kid (now adult) just buys a canary or RAV4.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A big part of the asupra is that engine. Why didn't they design an engine based on That?

These stupid hybrid cars are losing their identity.

I don't mind the back but the side profile with useless flared fenders look stupid.