• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
*hilariously modern technology, somehow properly contextualized within the setting

The mount in question is the Master Cycle btw

The Master Cycle Zero isn't just a motorcycle, but a Motorcross-ass dirtbike, with suspension and taillights that produce Akira-like trails. There's a modern-looking gas tank readout. It allows you to power slide, bunny hop, and go into slow-motion when taking the cycle off a jump and aiming a bow while in midair. And it isn't just some complete non-canon anachronism, but instead is adequately justified by the existence of Sheika ancient technology. It straddles the razor edge between goofy/random/fun addition and feature congruous with the rest of the game.

What else do you want to see in future Zelda titles that does the same? I obviously want a Master Shotty, or a Gatling bow. Some believed the promotional art for the Champions' Ballad was an homage to the famous Akira "bike slide" moment, so maybe toss in a Guardian laser cannon that causes debris to float around the player

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I was actually suspecting BOTW to have more actual vehicles from quite a long time ago and was surprised when it only ended up being the horse.

The Master Cycle ended up being a surprise, but also a bit of vindication for my theory!

Still, I was hoping for other forms of boats and flying technology, like wings or something for Link.

I was also wondering if Link would get some kind of magic teleporting abilities like being able to blink around or launch himself in the sky (somewhat similar to Revali's Gale).

There's a lot they could do with a sequel!

Ps. I haven't gotten the MC yet as I'm still slowly plugging away at my Master Mode file (game #2). Can't wait to get it though!

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always dreamed of Link having an all in one weapon.
Sort of like the Shiekah Slate, but the weapon changes between a Laser Sword, Bow, Hookshot, Boomerang, ect. All weapons are updated via schematics found in computer bases.

The idea works really well once you include all the modern technology in Botw.

Then on the more magical side I want transformations back more then anything. Being able to switch into different Races was one of the most fun things to do in Majoras Mask. And being able to fool around with Goron's roll mechanic or Zora's Swimming in a huge sandbox open world would be amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Something to fly seems like the next step.
The far cry 4 helicopter is so good, keeping it as a late game reward seems like a good idea

OP
OP
Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is what I'm talking about

tlxjmboiasdhj3egtwi3.jpg

Nintendo would totally do it now.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Add the cut double hookshots and go full on spiderman/just cause. Just make it a late game upgrade or something or a bonus extra you can find or through upgrades.

Oct 26, 2017
^Agree I was expecting BotW to get more Just Cause as it went into the game but obviously not. Could design a sequel around that sort of movement, and do more things with a rope physics item like creating a human slingshot between two trees.