• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like we hear some variation of "SpikeVegeta volunteered to be on our couch knowing nothing about the game a couple of days before and learned enough to give great commentary by the day" every year. He genuinely seems like the nicest dude.

Spikevegeta seems to be a walking encyclopedia of speedrunning, I am always amazed to see how many games he is knowledgeable about.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've really gotten into GDQ, and I'm super glad I have. Now, I've got to go back through years past and find the best runs from all of them, as long as they're all archived. That'll be hundreds of hours of content.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Great run. Almost makes me want to play Cuphead, but I'm sure like every game I watched today I'd be trash at it:)

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Going to have to head out for a bit but considering I'm currently on Chapter 5 of Celeste, I'm okay missing this one for now. Hope I'm back in time to see enough of Wind Waker.

This is the first time I've really gotten into GDQ, and I'm super glad I have. Now, I've got to go back through years past and find the best runs from all of them, as long as they're all archived. That'll be hundreds of hours of content.
Have fun with that. There's been so many amazing runs over the years, you'll have no shortage of entertainment.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
There's a ton of great runs out there, easily hundreds of hours, have fun. I personally recommend you all the Souls runs, especially HeyZeusToast's 2017 Bloodborne run.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have beaten Celeste to completion twice now and fancied myself pretty good at the game. Watching this, it turns out that I'm not pretty good at that game.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I remember this one guy on the couch from Freedom Planet a few years ago, he is a treat
"that was tight, so tight"

Also this run, whew

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watching speedruns of Celeste feel like a completely different game than casual play, the way they move around is INSANE.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 7 C side is one of the most frustrating yet rewarding things I've done in a game. Probably thousands of deaths there alone.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I can never remember the layout for 3 and 4 person races; which screen position corresponds to which player? Is it consistent for 3 vs 4 player races?

I wish they'd just put the runner's names below each person..

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Going to have to head out for a bit but considering I'm currently on Chapter 5 of Celeste, I'm okay missing this one for now. Hope I'm back in time to see enough of Wind Waker.

Have fun with that. There's been so many amazing runs over the years, you'll have no shortage of entertainment.

Wind Waker is roughly an hour after this post.

It's a 100% run, and Linkus' record (The World Record) is like 5 hours 45 minutes. They've penciled a 6-hour estimate so it should be around that, so you've got plenty of time!