• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

AGDQ 2019 |OT| You've met with a terrible run, haven't you?

minimaxir

Built an AI that makes better threads than you
May 9, 2018
From a data viz perspective I'm shocked that they actually used a Pie Chart at the cost of the text being unreadable.

But does it come from a run or something?
Yesterday's Wind Waker run (including SPLOOSH and KABOOM). [EDIT: Apparently the Orb isn't from WW?]

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday's Wind Waker run (including SPLOOSH and KABOOM).
Wind Waker was a symptom, not the cause. Half Coordinated did a run of a game where the goal was to get orbs, that's where I saw it first this GDQ, but no idea if it actually was the first.

Orb was from the celeste run, from people wanting the runner to collect everything or something.
No, it was from before the Celeste run too.

Dec 18, 2017
We've had this conversation during previous GDQs. "It's not for you," was what someone told me when I complained.

I get what they're saying. There are people out there who are into this. That's cool. I am impressed at the technical achievement. Obviously the GDQ staff think it's worth bringing back every year. Chat is into it.

So I just mentally tune out most of tasblock, tbqh.

Oct 25, 2017
FL
the orb meme is from halfcoordinated's run of Semblance, where he had to collect all the orbs and they shouted ORB every time he collected one iirc

edit: whoops i'm blind and that was answered already. but yeah i agree the scribblenauts wasn't very entertaining and the screaming was a bit grating, but an interesting idea in concept! running that castlevania run via emulator was weird as well but that one was crazy so i'll allow it LOL

Oct 25, 2017
We've had this conversation during previous GDQs. "It's not for you," was what someone told me when I complained.

I get what they're saying. There are people out there who are into this. That's cool. I am impressed at the technical achievement. Obviously the GDQ staff think it's worth bringing back every year. Chat is into it.

So I just mentally tune out most of tasblock, tbqh.
140+ hours of content over the course of a week, there is going to be stuff that some people like and others don't. You can always wait till next week and just watch what you want to and skip the bits you don't. Or do what I do and just run it in the background and give it focus when something catches my ears or eyes. Just gotta take the highs with the lows when you watch it live.

Oct 28, 2017
Forgive me if they explained it and I missed it, but do either of them know what the bingo card is / can see the bingo card and how it updates? Or will they randomly be told they've won when one hits 13 squares?

Oct 25, 2017
They can’t, it’s why it’s called lockout bingo
Then what happens if they both get 12 simultaneously? At that point they can go for a square the other one already marked? Even if they themselves have already finished the requirement a while ago?

I see a barrier between them. If they can't see each other does that mean they can't see which squares the other has marked? So many questions! :D

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Then what happens if they both get 12 simultaneously? At that point they can go for a square the other one already marked? Even if they themselves have already finished the requirement a while ago?

I see a barrier between them. If they can't see each other does that mean they can't see which squares the other has marked? So many questions! :D
I think they can see which squares are marked. The reason the have the barrier is so they can’t see what the other is currently going for. To prevent constant counter-play.

Oct 25, 2017

I think they can see which squares are marked. The reason the have the barrier is so they can’t see what the other is currently going for. To prevent constant counter-play.
This is correct.
They can't see what their opponent is actively going for, but they both share the same bingo board, so when they highlight one the opponent sees it. That's why when they mark a level specific square it tells the opponent where they are/what they might be going for that also relates to that stage.

Maybe it could just be a 12-12 tie. I didn't have audio on so I didn't catch the full rules.
There are 25 squares, so there's always a chance for 13.

Oct 26, 2017

They both see the current bingo board on a separate screen so they know what has already been claimed.

The board has 25 squares so they can’t tie.