• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
Okay I love long runs as much as the next guy, but I think the 9+ hours may be pushing it lol. I stopped watching before bed because I still want to play FFIX one day, and I wake up and it's STILL ON. Hope it's been a good one.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize it had been 6 years since the last FF9 run. Doesn't feel like that long.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Made it through the entire run. Fuck I love this game so much.

The only game to have made me tear up due to the ending. The final moments are so bittersweet.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just felt like I climbed up mount everest right now.

Good commentary, which is kinda mandatory for JRPG runs, but my god I am so done with it.

Hyped for Puyo Puyo Tetris!

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
What's this about Bloodborne requiring $250k for something? I missed what the announcer read.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's this about Bloodborne requiring $250k for something? I missed what the announcer read.

Bonus game in the set up block 6 of today, to get the run AGDQ must get 250K in donations fron the time it was announced.

The run is going to be by heyZeusHeresToast, which is an amazing runner that made some very enterataining runs in the past

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
>Kamillia 2 coming up soon

Oh, that's an interesting choice.

Who's ready for a game with only 16 runners total where even the world record run has over 150 deaths?

This has the potential to be the train-wreckiest run of the marathon if the runner has any trouble during some of the boss fights.

Nov 3, 2017
Whos' running it? The dude running I wanna Be The Guy, i think, was ace last year.

edit: yeah, it looks like it's BBF doing the Kamillia 2 run and i usually find him entertaining. Nice.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like this playing on a competed save...
Their explanation why didn't make sense either. Because deleting the save is cumbersome on consoles? I figured using completed saves was for run timing reasons. Does it skip cut scenes this way?

I managed to beat all the levels in Puyo Puyo Tetris, but by no means did I 3 star them all...

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their explanation why didn't make sense either. Because deleting the save is cumbersome on consoles? I figured using completed saves was for run timing reasons. Does it skip cut scenes this way?

I managed to beat all the levels in Puyo Puyo Tetris, but by no means did I 3 star them all...

I guess if they delete the save they have to complete all the regular levels again to unlock these ones. But they could just keep a backup save in that state. And he's playing on PC, so I don't know what consoles have to do with it.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
People need to learn how to drink acidic things (lemon juice, for example) before talking on stream. Fucking saliva noises in the headset mics set me off something fierce.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't like this playing on a competed save...
It doesn't really matter in this game. There's no time save by doing it or anything, and it's a pretty simple level-based game, so why not? Requiring a fresh save pretty much just forces them to faff about with save files. Racing game speedruns generally don't start with fresh saves either.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't really matter in this game. There's no time save by doing it or anything, and it's a pretty simple level-based game, so why not? Requiring a fresh save pretty much just forces them to faff about with save files. Racing game speedruns generally don't start with fresh saves either.

I just don't like not SEEING the levels actually being completed, or the 3-star requirements met. I just have to trust him. Which I do, but it feels wrong.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just don't like not SEEING the levels actually being completed, or the 3-star requirements met. I just have to trust him. Which I do, but it feels wrong.
You could tell he got three-stars because the game showed them in the post-battle screen, and you can tell he completed the levels because...he completed them.

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
This sort of game just frustrates me. I appreciate the skill involved but it's just so void of design or personality. Feel like I need to wash my eyes with Mario Odyssey.

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely hate these games. Both to play and to watch. Didn't think something would beat the Timesplitters 2 run, that one at least was over fast, this seems to have no end.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that this game is a compilation from a bunch of other fan games doesn't help with any kind of cohesion.

LoveBug566

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why anyone would want to play this type of game. I can only imagine how incredibly frustrating it would be.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely hate these games. Both to play and to watch. Didn't think something would beat the Timesplitters 2 run, that one at least was over fast, this seems to have no end.
The sequel is like 10x as masocore as this one.

But WR is like three hours (even the TAS is over an hour long) with insane amounts of variation so it'll never be run at GDQ.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
There's been great masocore runs in the past, but they do require a lot of energy from the runner, couch and crowd that just isn't there for this one.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeep. Just gotta think happy thoughts and look forward to Dark Souls 3/Bloodborne.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
If there was some interesting movement tech or even glitches or something to abuse it'd be something... But yeah, it doesn't help when the runner himself is crying about how he can't do it.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't get the complaints. I'm having a good time just watching him dismantle an absurdly hard platformer.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At this point it just makes me respect anyone who actually manages to beat this game under such a timeframe