• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Awesome Games Done Quick 2019 is a 7-day event (from January 6th - January 13th) benefiting the Prevent Cancer Foundation.​
Featuring over 150 events, AGDQ 2019 will continue through every hour of every day over this coming week in an effort to raise the most money possible for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.​
Moreover, a number of bonus events are locked behind donation goals and different events have various prizes that donators can win as an added incentive.​
The Prevent Cancer Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 1985 and is the only nonprofit in the United States focused solely on cancer prevention and early detection. The Foundation has invested nearly $142 million in support of cancer prevention nationwide through research, education, advocacy and outreach. While most groups were focused on cures and treatment, the Foundation's work sparked the conversation on the possibility of preventing cancer.​
- Via PreventCancer.ORG​

Important-Links.png

GDQ has partnered with Twitch.tv to stream this whole event.​

This schedule is converted to your local time, no having to deal with timezones!​

Don't forget to check out the Prize Index and Bid Index to see incentives and prizes you can win just by donating!

Missed a run? Here you will find the VODs for past runs. (Will be updated when posted!)

Want to avoid the clusterfuck that is Twitch Chat!? Once again we'll be using Discord to discuss the marathon! Jump on in and be sure to check out the rules before spamming FrankerZs.

Click the above banner to view the official list of Merch sponsors including The Yetee and FanGamer!

Thanks to the Streams & Dreams discord for putting together the thread. If you have any suggestions, please contact Fish in the Discord linked above. Enjoy the marathon!

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
great OT

hoping to catch Portal, Tropical Freeze and TimeSplitters 2.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome OT!
Really looking forward to Bloodstained, the Mega Man relay race and Nier: Automata.

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome Banner. Can't wait for this year's finale. Also for the inevitable influx of new conspiracy theories about GDQ being corporate shills Yadda Yadda. At this point that is as much tradition as "that literally never happened before"

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Greetings from Germany, first time thread viewer, great OT, keep up the good work. Hoype!!!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to another great year, hopefully they have a good set of t shirts again, the last 2 GDQs had ones I really liked and third time's the charm

Greetings from Germany, first time thread viewer, great OT, keep up the good work. Hoype!!!
This has never happened before

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
G 👏 D👏 Q 👏

Wonder what the pin will be like this time. (I never use pins for anything but I've inexplicably gotten into collecting them.). AGDQ 2018 has been my favorite --

AGDQ18_product_statisrider_itemview_300x300.png

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Every year I forget to take time off work to watch.

I've got Tuesday through Friday off so I'll at least get a decent amount in.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed that with Twitch Prime going back to forcing ads, that I'll have to sit through a ton of them this GDQ... so much so I might even just wait it out and instead of watching live, watching the VODs on youtube.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The post-Christmas depressive hangover doesn't exist for me anymore thanks to GDQ

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I think the GDQ they did at PAX was a test run for randomizers. But submissions for this AGDQ were in long before that.
Fairly sure they did a Zelda lttpr run at sgdq. Though I think that there is a huge amount of unpredictability in that runs could be unwinnable, which they may be concerned about

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
Wow the OT was fun to look at this time. Very looking forward to tomorrow's!

Edit: By the way it looks like the discord link is not working, says that it is invalid.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why the fuck are they doing reverse boss order with a single runner for Super Metroid???? That's a disaster waiting to happen!!

Did they really not find enough runners to do a race?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Though I think that there is a huge amount of unpredictability in that runs could be unwinnable, which they may be concerned about
Which randomizers have unwinnable states at this point? Every single one that's got events dedicated to it at this point have been well tested and constructed and are only unwinnable in extremely rare or broken cases.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
What's with germans and speedruns anyway

Good background noise for Flugzeug Simulator?

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Which randomizers have unwinnable states at this point? Every single one that's got events dedicated to it at this point have been well tested and constructed and are only unwinnable in extremely rare or broken cases.
Alttpr and sign have unwinnable states, but the most obvious one is the la mulana random, but I think most runners stream that for comedy mainly.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Great stuff! After a busy month can't wait to relax with some GDQ... That is if this ridiculous baby lowers is sodding temperature and gets well enough for Kindergarten :P

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Celeste is a really crazy speedrun. Looking forward to it!

I'm also pumped for Majora's Mask any%, WWHD 100% and Mario Odyssey - darker side.

SquareFenix

Oct 25, 2017
Been looking forward to this for months! My son started watching last year and he's really excited for any runs involving Kirby, Donkey Kong, or Mega Man.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got a regular job so I can actually donate something this time around....

...but being at work also means I won't be able to watch much so there will be almost no chances for me to donate. The awful games start at the same time as my work day begins, fuck.

I can probably use a vacation week for SGDQ so I'll be putting in donation money then.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Alttpr and sign have unwinnable states, but the most obvious one is the la mulana random, but I think most runners stream that for comedy mainly.
ALTTPR hasn't had unwinnable states in like 3 years, unless it's some crazy ruleset (like everything including entrances, heavy glitch mode, etc)

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man this time of the year already huh.

No Mario Maker again?

And no Super Metroid race again? This GDQ is just fake.