• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 5, 2018
This Confronting Myself track might be my personal favorite of all the songs in Celeste. Though Chapter 3 and 5 B Side music, Reaching the Summit and Checking IN are all awesome too. This whole OST rules.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I have to agree with couch guy on this being the closest thing to a boss fight, the rest are kind of more oppressive/harmful hazards, sorry ViewtifulJC

I was listening the soundtrack on spotify but I feel like it's not the whole thing. I swear there are songs I've heard in the game that are not in the soundtrack.
Well the B side tracks are on their on album, maybe that's it?

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Megaman Zero 2 and Majoras Mask (back to back)
Symphoni of the Night on PSTV for a blink and you will miss it glitch
Castlevania 2, Castlevania III, Bloodstained and Tropical Freeze run back to back is all around mix of great commentary, skill, jokes and things going wrong in the best possible way
Octo Expansion if you like the game and ... dancing
Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic! is specially interesting if you like Mario Bros 2 USA
Trauma Center always has some ridiculous fun
Semblance because HalfCoordinated is always a cool dude
Octopath Traveler is very cool for a RPG speedrun (and a small one)
The Mega Man X 1 - 3 team relay race that comes after is my Highlight of the event so far. It has everything, from great commentary to plot twists in who is winning to moments where 2 people are basically drift compatible because of how syncronized they are.
Ninja Five-O has Blechy on comments so you can't go wront with that

Awesome, thanks.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've downloaded my copy of Celeste from GWG, and I really want to play it, but this is simultaneously inspiring and incredibly daunting. These B sides look brutal.

Really enjoyed the event thus far. I watch it every year, but I don't otherwise watch or follow speedrunning much, so it's always interesting to see how these runs evolve and what games have developed communities.

There are a number I've missed that I need to go back and watch, but the Tropical Freeze, Mega Man Relay, Cuphead, and Mario 3mix race were all highlights for me.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
cloud... cloud... HEART

it's like wrestling chants done right

Next thing they'll be chanting "WE ARE AWESOME" *shudders*

Celeste is great though, makes me want to replay it. Watching the run with the OST playing! When you've played the games, these speedruns can make you feel inadequate, especially with games such as Celeste!

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
pyi9kSs.png

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I just ordered both of the Metroid shirts on The Yetee, is the charity cut from those shirts where they get the money for their huge donations? That's a lot of shirts.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
TGH is my favorite runner at GDQ. Between the themes of the games he picks, the incredible runs themselves, and his personality bringing a lot of hype and positive energy, he's just one of the best.

May 5, 2018
This was a fantastic run. TGH is the man and the crowd brought so much energy. They even brought out the Freedom Planet commentary guy from years ago for commentary. Congrats TGH on your run in Celeste!