• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 13, 2018
Man, I generally enjoy randomizer races but having never beaten FFIV this is mostly impossible to follow.
I usually skip randomizers. They're not like the other runs where people who don't know about a game can still follow along. It seems very much for members of communities who actually play these or are very familiar with the base game. It also doesn't help that it's a long run with 4 screens to follow.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I generally enjoy randomizer races but having never beaten FFIV this is mostly impossible to follow.
So at this point since two people have access to the Moon (where the final boss is) and they are just looking for the crystal (which makes the boss liberate to taking damage).

They have to keep fighting bosses till they find the crystal and then they can fight the final boss and win.

So while Neerm had the least amount of key items (which just unlock new areas) he has one of the most important. I'd put him in the lead and his is the screen to watch.

(Edit) Rivers got the crystal, Neerm won't be going back to Earth any time soon. Rivers is now who I'd consider in the lead with how far it of the way it was to get.

That said he still only has one part of the puzzle, it's just how long it takes for Rivers to go to the dark crystal spot. Or if Khobani decides to go to the sealed cave.

And Rivers is going to the D. Crystal spot, so it's his race to lose. So watch his screen if you want to follow the last 20 minutes or so till it's over.

Last edited:

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm sorry, but TASBot stuff just isn't interesting. Unless you understand how it works (which 99.99% of the audience doesn't, myself included), you can't really appreciate it for what it is or the work that goes into it. It just doesn't translate well on stream. It's above most people's heads honestly.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry, but TASBot stuff just isn't interesting. Unless you understand how it works (which 99.99% of the audience doesn't, myself included), you can't really appreciate it for what it is or the work that goes into it. It just doesn't translate well on stream. It's above most people's heads honestly.

I enjoy the real TAS they showcase, but the code injection stuff has become overdone at this point.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OMG!!! Bloodborne bonus game???

If the goal is reached at what hour would that be? I certainly don't want to miss that

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

I have zero knowledge in programing and LOVE the tasbot block =D

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's just the same thing every level.

Also this seems pointless on the normal Mario levels.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The game hack is cool, but since almost no one is experienced in having seen it played non TAS, seeing it TASed doesn't really have as much significance.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It is interesting for them to start with this since the Castlevania and Scribblenauts runs sound much better to hype people up

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is the equivalent of watching random pixels flash on the screen.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Yeah, running tas on rom hacks was not a wise choice. Curious how Aria and Scribblenauts will be at least.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
The "Mario with Portal Gun" was interesting, but ran a little long and some of the levels were a little mundane.
The Zelda mashup was interesting but not amazing.
The Portal mashup was really good. I would've liked to have seen more of that: longer levels and more of them. Some of the levels even had a little bit of story, which was nice. Having 4 players made the visual scenes much more interesting.

I know this is pedantic but I have to specify that this is not a hack, it's a reproduction of the game.

That's very pedantic but I forgive your pedantry, my friend.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
idk, the tasbot stuff just looks like a garbled mess of... something. not sure i understand it.

edit: ok the castlevania one is better

Last edited:

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait so they're running the Aria of Sorrow TAS in an emulator?

That's not even a TASBot showcase anymore.

They're really starting to struggle to find relevant content for this block.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
This Aria of sorrows run is much better if you saw the regular run before since they explained lots of the stuff better

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm on board with this one since I'm familiar with the game. Even replayed it a few months ago!