• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
So they don't really do anything? apart from that iceberg I guess lol. Well at least they got a lot of people to subscribe.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Making one choice significantly more absurd than the others is kind of creating the illusion of choice. It's obvious which choice Twitch chat will go for.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, while this is obviously hugely impressive on a technical level (and has drawn massive audience participation), it's not all that entertaining to watch, unfortunately.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orb was from the celeste run, from people wanting the runner to collect everything or something.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday's Wind Waker run (including SPLOOSH and KABOOM).

Wind Waker was a symptom, not the cause. Half Coordinated did a run of a game where the goal was to get orbs, that's where I saw it first this GDQ, but no idea if it actually was the first.

Orb was from the celeste run, from people wanting the runner to collect everything or something.

No, it was from before the Celeste run too.

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
ayo I got a million $ idea.

they should make a TAS bot that can mind bitcoins!!

you'd be rich!!!

although you may also skew the bitcoin economy lol

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
meh, the crowd seems to like it, and chat is interacting. it's not supposed to be long, and is somewhat fascinating, so i'm fine with it.

Murugo

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This should have been part of the normal schedule instead of a $100k incentive. Set my expectations too high I guess.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
We've had this conversation during previous GDQs. "It's not for you," was what someone told me when I complained.

I get what they're saying. There are people out there who are into this. That's cool. I am impressed at the technical achievement. Obviously the GDQ staff think it's worth bringing back every year. Chat is into it.

So I just mentally tune out most of tasblock, tbqh.

gcncontroller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FL
the orb meme is from halfcoordinated's run of Semblance, where he had to collect all the orbs and they shouted ORB every time he collected one iirc

edit: whoops i'm blind and that was answered already. but yeah i agree the scribblenauts wasn't very entertaining and the screaming was a bit grating, but an interesting idea in concept! running that castlevania run via emulator was weird as well but that one was crazy so i'll allow it LOL

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
We've had this conversation during previous GDQs. "It's not for you," was what someone told me when I complained.

I get what they're saying. There are people out there who are into this. That's cool. I am impressed at the technical achievement. Obviously the GDQ staff think it's worth bringing back every year. Chat is into it.

So I just mentally tune out most of tasblock, tbqh.
140+ hours of content over the course of a week, there is going to be stuff that some people like and others don't. You can always wait till next week and just watch what you want to and skip the bits you don't. Or do what I do and just run it in the background and give it focus when something catches my ears or eyes. Just gotta take the highs with the lows when you watch it live.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
TAS isn't my cup of tea, but it seems to have an audience and it raises some surprisingly serious money, so I can't complain.

Sushigod7

Oct 26, 2017
Wow the total donations have jumped a bunch today that's cool. Hung up Mario U for the day ready to watch a bit of Sunshine!

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Wow the total donations have jumped a bunch today that's cool. Hung up Mario U for the day ready to watch a bit of Sunshine!
The last 48 hours are when the high rollers come out, including the big donations from the sponsors (partially because that's when Yetee gets their last minute T-shirt sales in).

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Some small games had orb before but yeah, Halfcoordinated exploded it because they did once and he was like "this game has 70, are you sure you guys want to do everything?"

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess it's only 6 minutes but I do wonder why they don't just start from a save file that skips the opening stuff?

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should colour code the bingo based on their shirt colours (purple and grey).

Edit: close enough I guess

Lazlo

Oct 28, 2017
Forgive me if they explained it and I missed it, but do either of them know what the bingo card is / can see the bingo card and how it updates? Or will they randomly be told they've won when one hits 13 squares?

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Forgive me if they explained it and I missed it, but do either of them know what the bingo card is / can see the bingo card and how it updates? Or will they randomly be told they've won when one hits 13 squares?

Seems they each have a touchscreen to mark squares themselves.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the cooler concepts for a race run. I'd like to see it applied to more games at GDQ in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
They can't, it's why it's called lockout bingo
Then what happens if they both get 12 simultaneously? At that point they can go for a square the other one already marked? Even if they themselves have already finished the requirement a while ago?

I see a barrier between them. If they can't see each other does that mean they can't see which squares the other has marked? So many questions! :D

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Then what happens if they both get 12 simultaneously? At that point they can go for a square the other one already marked? Even if they themselves have already finished the requirement a while ago?

I see a barrier between them. If they can't see each other does that mean they can't see which squares the other has marked? So many questions! :D

I think they can see which squares are marked. The reason the have the barrier is so they can't see what the other is currently going for. To prevent constant counter-play.