• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I only really got to watch the vice city run which was terrific because the host was like a natural comedian, quick and witty with the jokes lool

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Truth.

But wish they would still upload the missing couple days of runs to youtube :( seems like they just put up the finale and stopped.
It takes a while, especially post-marathon where they have to break down everything and be out of event space by Sunday afternoon - which, considering 6-10 inches of snow fell in the area of the venue between Saturday and Sunday, was probably difficult this year. They'll probably catch up after they've had a chance to finish up all that and rest.

Last edited:

Cindres

Oct 28, 2017
Caught up with some of the awful games at the weekend, Phantom Menace and Home Alone 2 were fantastic.

Catching up on Cuphead, amazing commentary on this one.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
I only watched the first like 10 (?) minutes of the Sonic 1 run. What set it apart particularly?

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Well I tried to watch the Resident Evil run but man the cringe is too much for me.

It's great that they're all having fun but I can't watch it at all. Dude on the couch just keeps impersonating the character movements over and over again and the rest of the couch is just laughing at/mocking the game, which is fine but not what I want to watch.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I really hope the rest of the vods go to youtube soon, there are a ton of runs I want to see in the second half of the week.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you can access Twitch the VOD index linked in the OP should still be good for runs not uploaded to YouTube yet.
Yeah I've been waiting for this as well.

YouTube is much more convenient for me than Twitch VODs.

just FYI they've started uploading the rest. they're not all up yet - Chex Quest is the most recent as i'm writing this - but they've been going up steadily for the last couple hours, it seems

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Saw the Metroid Fusion run and enjoyed it. Insightful commentary from the couch throughout, what seems like the best runner of the game was playing, an interesting memory manipulation glitch which saves around 30 minutes, and a cute ending touch.

Cindres

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man the Sonic 1 run is amazing, why didn't anyone tell me
J-Roc was running this? noaamsayin?

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
It takes a while, especially post-marathon where they have to break down everything and be out of event space by Sunday afternoon - which, considering 6-10 inches fell in the area of the venue between Saturday and Sunday, was probably difficult this year. They'll probably catch up after they've had a chance to finish up all that and rest.

Yeah they seem to have picked it up now again. I was just afraid they called it quits as they uploaded the finale :D

Oct 25, 2017
Was there no Dark Souls 3 run this year? I thought I saw a video uploaded before but it isn't here now. Unless I was imagining things.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the TAS block and yeah... this was not a good year for it. An emulator run, twitch very slowly picks from 4 options which weren't fun to watch on scribblenauts... it was just slow, very little commentary, and nothing felt crazy like the mario maker for SMW (even if that demo got boring fast as well). It looked like it was merely an excuse to show off their new MASH bot... which is okay I guess but not super useful for confirming TAS on real hardware like TAS bot.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the TAS block and yeah... this was not a good year for it. An emulator run, twitch very slowly picks from 4 options which weren't fun to watch on scribblenauts... it was just slow, very little commentary, and nothing felt crazy like the mario maker for SMW (even if that demo got boring fast as well). It looked like it was merely an excuse to show off their new MASH bot... which is okay I guess but not super useful for confirming TAS on real hardware like TAS bot.
MashBot literally came about because people continued to doubt TASBot does what it does while only pretending to be a controller and continued to incorrectly claim they were patching game ROMs to achieve their results. It's absolutely a method of console verification, though more work is necessary before it can play back more demanding inputs with less latency.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
MashBot literally came about because people continued to doubt TASBot does what it does while only pretending to be a controller and continued to incorrectly claim they were patching game ROMs to achieve their results. It's absolutely a method of console verification, though more work is necessary before it can play back more demanding inputs with less latency.

Those people are dumb and aren't worth responding to. Mashbot isn't going to be able to EVER console verify any sort of timing relevant game that relies on touch screen. It's just the nature of it. They'll never get it down to the 16ms response time (or whatever it is for the 60fps display on the DS).