• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
The AGDQ 2020 games list is now live. The event starts January 5, 2020.

Some newer games:

Cadence of Hyrule- Story Mode Double Time

Destiny 2 Last Wish- All Encounters

Fire Emblem Three Houses- Edelgard (Normal)

Marvel's Spider-Man- The Heist Any%

Sekiro- All Beads/Memories Race

It also wouldn't be a GDQ without CovertMuffin running a Star Wars game

Oct 26, 2017
I think I remember hearing that the runner would offer a bid war for Three Houses since she's the wr holder for all of the routes. If they do, Black Eagles would probably be ran anyways

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Subnautica is on the list and I have never seen a speedrun of that game.

Also Mushihimesama! And actual shmup on the list :O

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Sorry OP, but all those games you listed are zzzzzzzzzzzzz

GDQ is a nice way to showcase obscure stuff such as....
Animorph GB
Barbie NES
Crowtel Renovations
Cybergenic Ranger: Secret of the Seventh Planet
Doctor Hauzer (3do)
Garfield: Caught in the Act (SEGA)
Jurassic Park III: Dino Defender
Mega Man 3 (DOS) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mushihimesama Futari 1.01
Normy's BeachBabe-O-Rama
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends

Yeah some curious selections as in every year~

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2 player 1 controller Punch-Out looks cool, interested to see how a Fire Emblem speedrun works.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
It makes sense to run Crimson Flower for Fire Emblem since its the shortest route, I can't wait to see how it plays like.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
awesome! i don't really play the souls/from games but i LOVE watching speedruns of them.

edit: oooh, a bayo 2 run. a lot of cool stuff i'm excited for. vvvvvv, talos principle, skyward sword, tetrisphere, super monkey ball, sonic 2006, pokemon sapphire, metroid zero mission, superstar saga (RIP), fatal frame, dracula x chronicles (it's the 3D remake, right?)

Last edited:

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
The Fallout series getting an anthology run is cool. And Pete Dorr pulling out an obscure 3DO game too.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Wonder if they'll do the Riven cheese during the stream?

I'm sure they will lol

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I love fire emblem, but the speedruns tend to be super boring because you can skip the entire enemy phase.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Link to the Past Randomizer? With Andy? I'm in.

The race he and that other dude had last year I want to say, commentated by those four dudes was fucking hilarious. Easily my favourite GDQ run of all time.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like there's more Zelda than usual this year (and there's always lots of Zelda).

I wonder what the finale will be? FF8's probably an overnight run with that length... I liked that they ended with RE2 on the recent mini-GDQ, it's nice to see it not be a Mario/Zelda/FF game.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Actraiser race! That's going to be awesome!

edit. Wow, Nightcry is on the schedule? That's super random.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I've recently fallen in love AGDQ, so seeing them adding more games I've already played makes me absolutely happy.

Can't wait for Fire Emblem!

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow Dancer and Return of Ninja Master
623254293595684894.png

Bloodlines any% Nosferatu sounds fun too.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Gato Roboto, Blazing Chrome, Katana Zero! New indies are always awesome
The Cadence of Hyrule run on the GDQx was awesome

Kuru Kuru Kuririn! Holy shit the speedruns in this game willl probably kill half the audience with a heart attack xD

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
No Crash Bandicoot games, what a waste. The Sonic block is pretty lame this year too.

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to Sekiro, Blazing Chrome, DMC5, Sigil and Doom (2016) 100% nightmare run

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I remember hearing that the runner would offer a bid war for Three Houses since she's the wr holder for all of the routes. If they do, Black Eagles would probably be ran anyways
Would be a cool idea, even if it doesn't happen now I imagine it'll happen at some point. Especially since while you're right that BE is the shortest route, the WRs for each route are actually super comparable so they all take up a similar amount of time to run