Golvellius

I want 1, 2, 3, 4, Mythology.

5. SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

2,3 and 4 are still in development.

6. Rychu

Rychu
    Member OP

II and III are getting definitive editions in 2019. IV is still in development.

7. elenarie

elenarie
    Developer at DICE Verafied

Awesome, the more people get to play it, the better. :)

Hopefully more PC-only games will come to Xbox.

8. Rychu

Rychu
    Member OP

I would imagine that’s the reason keyboard + mouse is coming to Xbox One.

9. cyenz

cyenz

Probably with keyboard and mouse support. Alpha Build already supports Warfarme.

10. Rodelero

Rodelero

But not the best one :(?

I need to turn things to stone.

11. Maneil99

Maneil99

AOE + Halo Wars 1/2 getting KB and M support for Xbox.

Gears Tactics

CiV 6

Announcement that KB+M only games are allowed on Xbox followed by a few PC titles shadow dropping

12. MaulerX

MaulerX

So is this made possible because of M&KB support? It'll be interesting what else makes it's way over from PC.

13. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

and vise versa imo

14. sredgrin

sredgrin

Do yourselves a favor and wait until they port 2 or Mythology.

15. sur le web

sur le web

so, likely an "available now" kind of thing after they present Age of Empires IV...? debut gameplay from AoE IV is all I want from this, to be honest.

16. Kasey

Kasey

2 is getting a remaster.

17. Rodelero

Rodelero

I need to turn you to stone.

18. Rychu

Rychu
    Member OP

In 2019.

19. SlipperyMoose

SlipperyMoose

Oh boy. I'd love to play some Age of Empires on my Xbox.

20. Axe

Axe

I hope for Xbox-owners sake they don't port that awful Extended Edition over. Skybox botched it horribly and just left it to rot.

21. Rychu

Rychu
    Member OP

22. Phantom Thief

Phantom Thief

Very interesting. How would this work?

OH HOT DAMN THIS WILL BE AMAZING

23. Rychu

Rychu
    Member OP

I think based on this we can also expect Gears Tactics, Age of Empire II/III/IV and Minecraft Dungeons.

24. ghostcrew

ghostcrew
    Spooky Moderator

Would we assume that these would only work with keyboard and mouse? Reckon they’re gonna have to be pretty careful about communicating that on the store page.

25. Rumblebones

Rumblebones

Microsoft leading the way in kb+m support is predictable but I hope it picks up.

26. Zedelima

Zedelima

I just want a the movies remastered :(

Please?

27. Jeff6851

Jeff6851

Well ok but we get MCC

28. E.T.

E.T.

Rise of Nations is really good.

29. pswii60

pswii60

Presumably these will be on Game Pass too given they're first party titles.

30. bsigg

bsigg

YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSS

31. Hawk269

Hawk269

I love this! I wonder if they will add controller support to these games for those that prefer to use a controller? To me it would be something that would be good because I know there are those that prefer to use controller only, but personally I would be fine with just kb/m support.

32. pswii60

pswii60

Yes. And I don't see that being an issue - no different to PSVR/Move/Kinect etc being required for certain titles. Will just need to have it listed right up top as a requirement.

I remember the good old days with my Dreamcast keyboard.
    I think they're partnering with Razer for a comfy couch keyboard and mouse combo or something.

I wonder - How is Steam Controller for RTS - wasn't it basically designed to take advantage of games which couldn't support traditional controllers?

33. Phonomezer

Phonomezer

Kb+m support coming soon, then. Hope Path of Exiles supports it.

34. johancruijff

johancruijff

i guess they will launch a branded kb+m set?

35. Starlatine

Starlatine

i dont think kb+m will help THAT much when the UI is totally designed for console

36. sibarraz

sibarraz

Which are the issues of this game? was badly optimized or something?

37. noyram23

noyram23

Is there any good KB+M setup for couch gaming? Lead me into paradise my dear friends.

38. Sparkedglory2

Sparkedglory2

I play rise of nations on my pc every now and then, so this is pretty cool. Love that game

39. Xumbrega

Xumbrega

hopefully coming to Game Pass day one

40. bsigg

bsigg

Razer is supposed to be announcing some for the Xbox on Saturday regarding this

41. ghostcrew

ghostcrew
    Spooky Moderator

I have two boxed Dreamcast keyboards in my garage! Great for Typing of the Dead.

42. Mr_Bubbles

Mr_Bubbles

• User warned: Port-begging.
    This will surely include controller support, very excited to see if this also makes its way to Switch. Would be a dream come through, to play AoE II on a real comfy couch.

43. Starlatine

Starlatine

of all threads and games to portbeg you picked this one? which is not even about AoEII to begin with

44. Mr_Bubbles

Mr_Bubbles

I see a classic Age of Empire game being ported to console, so I get excited yes :) Why aren't you?

45. Hawk269

Hawk269

I forgot about the Razer thing. As far as the Steam Controller, I tried getting use to it, but imho it is piece of shit.

46. Windu

Windu

They won't have controller support. They are not going to redesign the entire game. Especially for a small title like Rise of Nations.

47. bsigg

bsigg

No controller support when it's a game built around KB/M.

48. Mr_Bubbles

Mr_Bubbles

Isn't that what they said about Civilization VI and Cities: Skylines though?

I mean sure, traditionally it's been like that, but if they want to have mainstream success being tethered to a keyboard and mouse while on console isn't going to do much good. Let's hope they make smart UI decisions.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't think there are a lot of games on Xbox that can only be played with K+M? I've been out of the Xbox loop for a while now, so maybe people are in fact getting used to it, it just sounds strange to me.

49. impact

impact
    Banned Member

This game isn't turn based.

50. bsigg

bsigg

They're adding KB/M support to be able to add games that are designed around that control option without telling the dev to try and fork in some half baked controller support. Civ VI and City Skylines play exponentially better on PC because of a much better control scheme.

These aren't meant to necessarily be mainstream but allow Microsoft more leeway in adding games to Game Pass for PC while also making them accessible to Xbox players.

I believe this also has to do with Project Centennial which is taking a Win32 app and converting it into a UWP. From there, they can tweak it to make it run best as it can on Xbox One or even allow for players to make their own decisions on performance on the game.