• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
When those games are Microsoft owned IPs, the port begging feels out of place (isn't begging ban worthy anyways?
No need to be so protective, I mean Banjo-Kazooie is on all platforms and even Microsoft themselves publicly declared their willingness to reach gamers on rival platforms. There is even talk on MS characters in the new Smash.

But oh well, thanks for reporting me and trying to get me banned for responding enthusiastically about a console port. Let's just stay on topic (and not mention possibilities outside of the comfort zone).
This game isn't turn based.

They're adding KB/M support to be able to add games that are designed around that control option without telling the dev to try and fork in some half baked controller support. Civ VI and City Skylines play exponentially better on PC because of a much better control scheme.

These aren't meant to necessarily be mainstream but allow Microsoft more leeway in adding games to Game Pass for PC while also making them accessible to Xbox players.

That is an important note indeed, that means a faster UI if one is to be implemented. K+M will always be faster. Though, while Cities: Skylines is not turn-based but could be considered 'mellow' in its gameplay, the port was handled pretty great.

The interchange of more less-platform-traditional games between PC en Xbox is very intetesting though.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No need to be so protective, I mean Banjo-Kazooie is on all platforms and even Microsoft themselves publicly declared their willingness to reach gamers on rival platforms. There is even talk on MS characters in the new Smash.

But oh well, thanks for reporting me and trying to get me banned for responding enthusiastically about a console port. Let's just stay on topic (and not mention possibilities outside of the comfort zone).

That is an important note indeed, that means a faster UI if one is to be implemented. K+M will always be faster. Though, while Cities: Skylines is not turn-based but could be considered 'mellow' in its gameplay, the port was handled pretty great.

The interchange of more less-platform-traditional games between PC en Xbox is very intetesting though.
I'd be more than happy if those games were available on Switch, as I'm an owner of one and I'm more excited about Civ VI than Smash. However, I'm also realistic and MS won't port those games to platforms they don't own.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Which are the issues of this game? was badly optimized or something?
Yeah it's riddled with technical issues. The multiplayer community pretty much abandoned in favour of the original it due to persistent out of sync errors. Also the lighting and texture changes are iffy.

That's without even getting into the mess that is Tale of the Dragon.