• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad they'll know in advance and be able to wrap things up. Nicely.

But frankly, Season 5's finale was a pretty perfect closer so I'm curious how they'll be able to top that.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Sad to see it go, especially since it's been so consistently amazing.

But I'm glad they get to end it on their own terms next season.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Seven seasons is nothing to be sad about. The show lasted so much longer than anyone thought it would.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed it lasted so long. That fourth season was some of the best super hero tv around.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A show that was once considered a shitty movie tie-in that evolved into one of the best things on television. I'm proud to say I was there from day one, with "Skye" and generic hero Ward and the lame Thor 2: The Dark World crossover all the way through the insanity of the later seasons. I'm glad it gets to go out on its own terms.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
7 is a good number to end on. I'll still be sad to see it go, it's my favorite show currently airing.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A show that was once considered a shitty movie tie-in that evolved into one of the best things on television. I'm proud to say I was there from day one, with "Skye" and generic hero Ward and the lame Thor 2: The Dark World crossover all the way through the insanity of the later seasons. I'm glad it gets to go out on its own terms.

Glad to say I was a fan from day 1 as well.

Best comicbook show ever

Just straight facts

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Like others here I thought this was already confirmed ages ago. But hey guess now it's 100% official. Amazing show but it had to end at some point.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
It's a miracle this show got past Season 1, let alone 7. What an unbelievable ride it's been. Never would've guessed it'd be the best comic book show I've ever watched.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
It's a bit bittersweet to see it finally end but...

Seven seasons is nothing to be sad about. The show lasted so much longer than anyone thought it would.

this. At least it's going out on its own terms instead of being cancelled and having its storylines left dangling with no hope of resolution whatsoever.

I've only watched the first 3 episodes of S6 so far (up until the "we're high!" episode), how has the season been?

Baneros

Aug 22, 2018
Frankly, I was okay with five seasons since the ending they wrote was so good, so two extra seasons and still going out on their on terms is a great bonus, just like with "Lucifer".

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Love this show. Thought this was actually the last season. Glad we got another.

Also glad I stayed through all the Ward fuckery. It was tough going for awhile, but well worth it now.

Setzer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PNW
I thought this was mentioned when they announced season 6 & 7 last year? Anyways, this wasn't unexpected. The show had a great run.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
It's been good. Very creative and one of the best superhero shows.
At least with a set deadline, the show can plan and have a proper ending. There is nothing worse than a sudden cancellation which leaves the series incomplete.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the series has usually struggled with actually delivering enough content to fill out a network tv season, I don't think that's anything to complain about.

You must be thinking about the Arrowverse shows lol

oh man! looks like I'll have to catch up, then.

I remember I laughed at the fact that the first two episodes of the season pretty much featured more exterior shots than most of S5 hahaha

Lmao yea, we made a lot of jokes about that in the OT thread

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting for S6 to finish up before I start watching, but S4 was some of the best network television I had ever watched. The 3 arcs, Ghost Rider, LMD, and Agents of Hydra, were awesome.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Considering the series has usually struggled with actually delivering enough content to fill out a network tv season, I don't think that's anything to complain about.
I can't say I agree at all. Up until this latest season anyway, the pacing has been breakneck and the show seems to cover ground twice as fast as any other network show would.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for S6 to finish up before I start watching, but S4 was some of the best network television I had ever watched. The 3 arcs, Ghost Rider, LMD, and Agents of Hydra, were awesome.
That season had more stuff by itself then series that get 10 seasons.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AoS seasons 1 and 2 occasionally struggled with filler but the later seasons were absolutely packed with story. Season 4 is famously filled with like three seasons worth of story in 22 episodes.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
I love the show, and I love the characters, but I'm perfectly fine with this. Many times shows hold on for too long, or they are abrublty canceled with no chance for a concrete ending. I'm glad SHIELD seems to be getting the sweet spot.

All good things...

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I wish we could've gotten another 20+ episode season with that structure, it was basically perfect. At the very least, I wish certain Arrowverse shows would adopt it...