• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Foxhound286

Dec 4, 2017
New Jersey
Good for them, I hope it works out. I'd say I wouldn't shop at Stop & Shop in support, but I haven't actually seen one near me since the one in Raritan, NJ closed in 2017.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Biden is running so now he's trying to pretend to be for unions while being the same guy partially responsible for their disappearance over the years? It would be funny he's trying to play lower class consumer champion if it wasnt such a bad joke.

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing from a friend that works (funnily enough the store Ray Bourque crossed) there that accroding to the union the strike is probably going to go past Easter.

How are the stores still open?

Mostly the managers and a few scabs. They have had to close a few stores because of the strike.

The main problem they're going to get is that strikers are preventing any new loads from coming in so a lot of perishibles are already going to be out of code.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
Stop & Shop Strike Ends With Union Claiming Victory on Pay and Health Care

After more than three months of negotiations and 11 days on strike, over 30,000 Stop & Shop workers have reached a tentative agreement with the supermarket chain that they said met their demands for better pay and health care coverage.

The employees, members of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union at more than 240 Stop & Shops across Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, returned to work on Monday morning after reaching the deal on Sunday.

data

Oct 25, 2017

After more than three months of negotiations and 11 days on strike, over 30,000 Stop & Shop workers have reached a tentative agreement with the supermarket chain that they said met their demands for better pay and health care coverage.

The employees, members of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union at more than 240 Stop & Shops across Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, returned to work on Monday morning after reaching the deal on Sunday.
Nice. Glad that unionizing works

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hell yes.