• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Should have specified, I meant earlier works than Zero Escape. I don't mind a pure VN, so I'll definitely have a look at Ever17 and Remember11.

Its actually an upcoming title but Uchikoshi is co-directing and writing a new game with Kazutaka Kodaka, the creator of Danganronpa. That is coming out on PC (and maybe console?) worldwide next year called Death March Club.

Might also be something you'd be into if you like their previous work.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Its actually an upcoming title but Uchikoshi is co-directing and writing a new game with Kazutaka Kodaka, the creator of Danganronpa. That is coming out on PC (and maybe console?) next year worldwide called Death March Club.

Might also be something you'd be into if you like their previous work.
Yeah, I have been following the updates on that (though there haven't been that many, as far as I remember). Having loved both ZE and DR, I'm pretty excited about a project involving both Uchikoshi and Kodaka.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should have specified, I meant earlier works than Zero Escape. I don't mind a pure VN, so I'll definitely have a look at Ever17 and Remember11.

imo Ever17 feels like a worse 999. The lack of gameplay segments gets pretty exhausting, no real suspense for a lot of it, especially in the early game where basically nothing happens for several hours at a time, and you're just sitting around playing tag or whatever.

Some really cool concepts though admittedly. I liked the tsundere girl's whole origin story a lot.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Something else cool about Remember11 is that it's Hidari's first game job (character designer for FE: Shadows of Valentia, the Atelier Dusk trilogy, etc).

Not his best work, but there's some neat illustrations all the same.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Well I just watched the videos and am hooked. Didn't realize after the original video that this would end up being...well, what it is now.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Oh, check out the Naixatloz web. There's a weird video at the bottom of the page. Also, there's a map???

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, check out the Naixatloz web. There's a weird video at the bottom of the page. Also, there's a map???

Map pointing to Akihabara. Do you know when that updated? Certainly seems to be going beyond a coincidence now.

Edit: Looking at Wayback, the video and map were added before the 20th. So not to coincide with this update at least. They do advertise 3D model production as one of their services, so still could genuinely be unrelated. I guess the map is their office location.

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't notice at first because of that stupid polar bear, but Iris' left eye is missing (kinda expected).

So there we have our first murder victim of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Didn't notice at first because of that stupid polar bear, but Iris' left eye is missing (kinda expected).

So there we have our first murder victim of the game.

Guess we finally have some sort of clue to what the teaser image from 2017 was pointing to.

famitsu-psync.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I'm curious. Why is the blade and table clean?

Did the video happen after he posted the tweet?

Considering they have her detailed model and voice actors and everything I could imagine we maybe see more of her via flashbacks or videos.
Of course Uchikoshi could just troll us right now.

They could use segments of Iris' videos in the game. It wouldn't surprise me.

But this whole ARG might end up being a big prologue for the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Considering they have her detailed model and voice actors and everything I could imagine we maybe see more of her via flashbacks or videos.
Of course Uchikoshi could just troll us right now.

Could be that these events aren't at the start of the game too. The killer's trademark is gouging out eyes, so that would happen to all the victims.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Are... are we maybe going to get a shadow drop?
No way, that would be suicide for this game.

It's only a couple of months away though, judging by it being rated.

Also, I forget who the 3rd mascot Iris mentioned as her favourite was, but the other two were Monokuma (a white bear) and Tama (a person in a animal suit).

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017

I'm curious. Why is the blade and table clean?

Did the video happen after he posted the tweet?

They could use segments of Iris' videos in the game. It wouldn't surprise me.

But this whole ARG might end up being a big prologue for the game.

Could be that these events aren't at the start of the game too. The killer's trademark is gouging out eyes, so that would happen to all the victims.

I also assumed this was like a prologue.

Remember the ESRB rating summary? "a woman's torso cut open by a saw blade"
Could be a different woman of course, but most likely this scene is also in the game. It could mean the game has all this advertisement stuff as part of a prologue in it (for the ones who didn't follow her YT videos and twitter posts). Or they just show it later with a twist.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
FUCK

She's dead guys, but i guess we at least know what the ESRB meant by someone "having their torso cut open by a saw blade"? :(

*sigh*

I can't be the only one who got genuinely angry at this tweet, right? It might just be the stress of what happened with DR continuing to haunt me, but having Uchi just straight up go "lol i saw someone who looks like her!" minutes after a video showing that she very clearly died is pretty mean.
There's no "School/Island/Salmon mode" where she survives, right?

Unless if this is hinting at a twist where Uchikoshi himself is one of the villains in game. Which would really be something.

Last edited: