• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017

Twitter said:
We will make an official announcement about collaborative project between Spike Chunsoft and me (Kotaro Uchikoshi) next Wednesday, January 30. Please don't miss it!!

Not clear from this tweet (or on the one on his JP account) if this is referring to AI or a new project, though it'd be a bit odd for him to start a new project with Spike-Chunsoft while AI is still in the oven.

Weird wording. Would assume it should be about AI, but considering it's announced, why not just outright say that. Spike Chunsoft's tweet suggests it's something new too.

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what it could even be. It's a weird time since they're still working on AI, and is also involved with Too Kyo.

Oct 25, 2017
Weird wording. Would assume it should be about AI, but considering it's announced, why not just outright say that. Spike Chunsoft's tweet suggests it's something new too.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah AI: The Somnium Files were still technically announced before Uchikoshi left. I forgot what will happen now.

OP
OP
GSR

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what it could even be. It's a weird time since they're still working on AI, and is also involved with Too Kyo.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure AI ever got an official Japanese announcement (sort of like how ZE3 was announced in 2015 but wasn't acknowledged by Spike-Chunsoft in Japan until 2016.) So it's probably a combination of that and a new trailer/release date.

Or not! That's a weird Spike-Chunsoft tweet.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
The game Too Kyo was making with Spike was made by Kodaka, not Uchikoshi, so weird.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what this is, but I hope he isn't stretching himself thin. His Too Kyo games will have co-writers (though I trust Nakazawa in that regard), but having him split between too many projects could impact them all negatively (like writing every Punchline! episode, the VN, and ZTD around the same time).

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
This would have meant the world to me before ZTD. Now I'm convinced 999 was a fluke in its all time greatness, though with that I have no idea how much Ever17 acted as a base.

That being said, I'll follow this. It's cool that his work is more mainstream. I'm hoping it won't be affected by the piece of shit series that is Danganronpa.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Please be an Ever17 port to everything.
This would be better than anything new he could come up with.

This would have meant the world to me before ZTD. Now I'm convinced 999 was a fluke in its all time greatness, though with that I have no idea how much Ever17 acted as a base.

That being said, I'll follow this. It's cool that his work is more mainstream. I'm hoping it won't be affected by the piece of shit series that is Danganronpa.
The Zero Escape series is basically just him repackaging the Infinity games and benefiting because the west knows nothing about them.

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
This would be better than anything new he could come up with.

The Zero Escape series is basically just him repackaging the Infinity games and benefiting because the west knows nothing about them.
I've heard this multiple times, but as someone who hasn't played the Infinity games, I'll just have to take your word for it.

That being said, I love 999 and VLR, and the former in particular has a very special place in my heart. So I'll always be thankful to him for that, uninspired as they may be.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I've heard this multiple times, but as someone who hasn't played the Infinity games, I'll just have to take your word for it.

That being said, I love 999 and VLR, and the former in particular has a very special place in my heart. So I'll always be thankful to him for that, uninspired as they may be.

I played onlt Ever17 of the Infinity games and I can confirm that many of the twists are reused, even though not in an identical way.
I'm anyway a big fan of Uchikoshi visual novels, I hope that AI will release this yar and this announcement is about a new project, the more visual novels we get from hit the better it is!

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I would shit my pants at a Remember11 remake with an actual finished ending. It'll never happen, but I would shit my pants if it did.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm so confused, didn't he leave Spike Chunsoft because he wanted to do something new? Is The Sominum Files cancelled? How many projects is this guy working on at once!?

It's like a bloody Zero Escape plot in real life!

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Another project this soon and with SpikeChun?

2019 is starting to sound like The Year Of Uchikoshi, looking forward to the announcement.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
So, today's the date and I haven't heard anything yet. Did I miss it? Its January 31 in GMT and Japan now....

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

This might clear up confusion, the English tweet announced it for the 30th by the Japanese tweet set it for the 31st so it should be soon.

EDIT: Literally just now lmao

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Is Tesa going to be one of the characters in AI or something?
Yeah, she was shown during the original announcement last year.

57499898a717d97a.jpg

Hopefully this just means we're finally gonna get more news about AI.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually really impressed by how well the English VA was able to handle that intro. That could have been a nightmare.

Deleted member 25702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Between the lyrics and vlog, it does seem like there's a bunch of threads going on including a time travel journey, a mysterious president of "Lemniscate," even a hint at the end of being abducted. I'm cautiously raising my hopes this is all in service of something bigger and darker. Or maybe it'll end up feeding into AI somehow!

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017
that video is the weirdest thing i've seen all day and I just watched a lil peep/second life mashup video

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I just searched the voice actress' website and she also voices a character called Iris on Death End Re:quest lol

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Thanks, I hate it (the VA is pretty good, but the song was... Ugh).

I guess this means they'll start sharing more info about the game, right???