• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Dengeki, 4Gamer and a couple of other sites ran small articles about AI today. Nothing new as far as I could tell except for some character art and this trippy new screenshot:

010jwkaa.jpg

The Japanese website was updated as well and maybe there's some new hidden clues if someone wants to go through the source code:

http://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/ai/

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
The lady in the thumbnail for this game looks awesome. Really cool design. I'll definitely check it out, but I want to know what the gameplay is like first.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
I love how someone managed to will Ota wearing cute outfits into the plot.

(yes, that's a TF2 image.)

He just needs to get used to wearing them. For the record, we also have a tweet where he admits he'd still like Tesa even if she was a boy. So, i guess you can roll with Ota being bisexual now.

Hopefully it will be. Making another music video wouldn't be out of line, considering the videos they already made.

It would be absolutely incredible, but it's probably not going to happen.
Dengeki, 4Gamer and a couple of other sites ran small articles about AI today. Nothing new as far as I could tell except for some character art and this trippy new screenshot:
010jwkaa.jpg
That's just Black Velvetopia from Psychonauts.
d0b6f4bfa79ea924692a71a6f4e2c951.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
New video. Lots of lore.

Also, she posted and subsequently deleted a tweet with lyrics from TesseracT's "Of Matter: Proxy" song....

I'm a surrogate
I'm archetypal and itinerant

I wondered if it was a mistaken tweet, but Ota commented on it.....

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Man, that last video was just packed. So much stuff. Wonder what's up with blurring the main character?

Also, second week she hasn't signed off that she'll be kidnapped if you don't subscribe etc.

Oct 25, 2017
According to the wiki, thunder girl is AI Ball's Somnium form. Not sure if that's just speculative or it was revealed somewhere, but similar colour anyway.

Punpun

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Wow, didn't even know about this game. Day 1 for sure, I loved Ever17, Remember11 and 999. Didn't really like VLR and ZTD, though. But still, I'm in.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This weeks video was pretty interesting. I'm curious how long they'll go on for as I'd be surprised if they managed to fill up to release with videos. Especially since they probably won't answer any of the questions the videos have raised.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Yep, we're definitely entering "This is actually lore for the game" territory. Which is admittedly turning me off. Because i'm actually more interested in A-set (and Ota, who i'm actually starting to find to be a bit cute.) as a concept than an actual game featuring her at this point.

Again, it's probably due to stress over what happened with Dangan Ronpa. Learning about her weeks before that Zanki Zero news has caused me to become exceptionally attached to her, as she's pretty much the only Spike Chunsoft character i have left.
Kotaro Uchikoshi: [Laughs] You're totally right. When I was writing the scenario for the game, I didn't expect Iris to be such a cute girl. It kind of hurts my heart to make her go through this if I had the chance I would have rewritten the scenario.
Uchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Oct 25, 2017
Also, she posted and subsequently deleted a tweet with lyrics from TesseracT's "Of Matter: Proxy" song....

I'm a surrogate
I'm archetypal and itinerant

I wondered if it was a mistaken tweet, but Ota commented on it.....

There was another tweet like this earlier today:

Renaissance of death echoes eternally
all's not lost
it echoes
it echoes
forget not

Deleted now too.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
I've made a Spotify playlist featuring the songs A-Set keeps posting lyrics from then deleting... The lyrics are always weirdly relevant...

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Good news everyone.

Ota has finally accepted how good he looks in the cute outfits! This is character development at it's finest.

I'm curious at why her hair constantly changes to blue randomly throughout this video.
qwe8dtY.png

It might just be a lighting thing, though.

I'd also like to note my current theory on what's going on, which i'll be sticking with even if Uchikoshi decides not to go this route.
Naixatloz is a real cult, and the "AI: The Somnium Files" VN is supposed to be, in the ARG Universe. A game meant to spread awareness of them.

But some malicious force told A-set this, and after the real cult managed to capture her. They've taken over all of her accounts. Attempting to confuse people by making content specifically referencing events from the VN, in an attempt to make it seem like it's just someone doing viral marketing for the VN, and not an actual attempt at revealing a cult.

So for example, the video where Tesa is sawn in half, we already know that's something in the VN itself. But Naix uploaded it to the A-set channel to make it seem like that's what happened for real.
Though, she's probably still dead, currently. It's just that she wasn't killed in the way shown in the video.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I loved the Zero Escape games
Even though ZTD was kinda weird (atleast the Escape room puzzles were still of the same quality)
Do we even know what kind of gameplay we can expect from this yet?
Will it be like the clue searching parts in Ace Attorney?
I still need to play Danganronpa cause its supposed to be so similar.
Punchline kinda burned me even though I liked the Anime (The end more than the beginning) so I don't know what to expect from Uchis games anymore(This still looks more promising).

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of new screenshots some new info from Famitsu Online

They show the PSYNC apparatus, UI, in-game menus, mental locks, the branching system and decision points as well as some other interesting details:
=> additional screenshots on Famitsu

The article also confirms the theory that the AI Ball mascot and the woman in white from the trailer and key-art are one and the same. The mascot transforms into her inside the Somnium Parts.

Additionally, it introduces the two characters from the last video:

The Boss of ABIS who is Date's superior and a shrewd tactician

Pewter, the ABIS engineer who's in charge of the Pysnch system

EDIT:

For the most part, four core systems which have been discussed before in other articles and interviews are covered here:

1) The PSYNC apparatus - used to enter dreams

2) The 6 minute time limit inside dream worlds - solve the mysteries before their minds become to unstable to stay

3) Mental Locks- obstacles that must be overcome in order to find clues

4) Multiple outcomes and branching paths - make choices to influence the story, multiple playthroughs of a route are necessary to get the full picture.

The four systems are shown in context in this example:

Mizuki has lost her ability to speak due to shock from the incident (note: I believe she's the young girl who witnessed the murder on the merry-go-round). You put her on the Psync apparatus and enter her dream world with AI Ball to explore her memories and try to find the root of her issues by clearing Mental Locks. Various actions are possible and they consume different amounts of time. Your goal is to find a way to cure her within the six minute time limit.

A) If Date and AI Ball managed to cure her, she is able to provide him with new evidence.

B) If he fails to do so, he won't be able to hear her new testimony and additionally, Iris might be in danger now.

A) Good Outcome:

B) Bad Outcome:

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing that. It looks a lot better in these stills than the trailer. I'm optimistic for now, but I really hope the animation will be better than ZTD's 😩

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like there is quite some gameplay in those dream sections. Kinda remind me of a 3D rendition of the Little Thief crime scene recreation in Ace Attorney Investigations.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Alright, so i just realized something.
If the Famitsu article is to be believed, the first character you use the Psync machine with Mizuki, who is apparently traumatized by some "incident".
The problem is, that doesn't match up with how A-set initially described her, as a "best fighter friend". Who could easily kick anyone's ass.
On top of that, the whole story of her being found in a carousel, sounds suspiciously similar to the urban legend about the headless girl. Which leads me to believe that, in the ARG universe. The urban legend was where Uchikoshi got the idea for the VN's opening.

I feel like we should also remember that, thanks to the Gamespot interview, we know that AI canonically exists alongside A-set.
unknown.png

Hmmm....

Edit: I completely forgot about these Ota tweets, too.

It might be a reference to.
The awful V3 ending.
But if we're going with the idea of VN Tesa and Youtuber Tesa being separate characters, fits perfectly well.
Pewter, the ABIS engineer who's in charge of the Pysnch system
y_5caf273ebcdeaznj15.jpg
Genji? Is that you?
Genji-portrait.png

Last edited:

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
Another song.

Slow down we need to slow down we need to slow down so I can catch you

Song is "While We Sleep" by Insomnium lol.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Website is surprisingly well put together.

Also, looks like they've put out who the composer is, and it's not Shinji Hosoe :( It's Keisuke Ito, who's worked with Spike Chunsoft on the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
Posting really creepy tweets now. How can they possibly keep this up for 99 more days?

Last edited:

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Guys, please tell me I'm not the only one who hates Ota.
I find him endearingly cute, to be honest, and i think it would be nice to post another cute pic of him (and Tesa, and Mizuki.) before we get into the dark area that is Tesa's most recent tweets.

All i can really think of doing now is linking to this, which is a directory of resources you can contact if you're having similar thoughts. I suppose it was to be expected, but we're definitely getting into rough territory now.
I want to go back to when A-set was just an Idol Singer. :(

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, how has this totally fallen under my radar? A new game from the creator/writer of the Zero Escape series? And it looks just as messed up as those games too. And there's this kind of ARG thing ongoing with that A-Set gal and those videos and tweets.

I need to jump into this new world of mindfuck! I'm guessing it's already pretty f'd up having already been underway for several weeks now right?

Can't wait to pick this up on the Switch.