• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, how has this totally fallen under my radar? A new game from the creator/writer of the Zero Escape series? And it looks just as messed up as those games too. And there's this kind of ARG thing ongoing with that A-Set gal and those videos and tweets.

I need to jump into this new world of mindfuck! I'm guessing it's already pretty f'd up having already been underway for several weeks now right?

Can't wait to pick this up on the Switch.
That's unfortunately been a bit of a reoccurring trend in this thread, with a lot of folks who'd presumably be into the game unaware of it / the ARG, though I'm glad you've stumbled across it now.

I'll probably post a summary thread a few weeks before release to try and hook others.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, how has this totally fallen under my radar? A new game from the creator/writer of the Zero Escape series? And it looks just as messed up as those games too. And there's this kind of ARG thing ongoing with that A-Set gal and those videos and tweets.

I need to jump into this new world of mindfuck! I'm guessing it's already pretty f'd up having already been underway for several weeks now right?

Good way to start is her youtube channel and watch her videos in release order.... They're all short and It quickly goes off the rails...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYoH_UNbIKP1xnsTx9m5Gw/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=grid

Oct 29, 2017
Australia

Welcome to the insanity!

11WLxZGl.jpg

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, looks like we're getting a video tonight after all. And a-set ? seems to be stuck in some kind of time loop, posting events from a month ago?

Last edited:

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Hmmm, Discussion about Parallel Worlds and reincarnation in the same video!

That's probably a big hint, actually.

Also, Steam Cards and achievements got leaked, no real new info. But it's there. Just around the corner...
and it keeps you going!
d50e82c9b944bd14d70382ba7f65ee9b60d98ec6.jpg

Also, A-set has Japanese videos too... Until now, they've been the same..... However, tonight's is 9 minutes longer and she plays Necrodancer instead....

Now that's just confusing.
Does this mean that Japanese and English A-set are separate characters? More Parallel World stuff? This is getting bizarre.
Good to see Spike Chunsoft taking advantage of the fact they have Japanese publishing rights for Crypt of the Necrodancer, though!

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
She's back to mentioning 'in case I get abducted or something', so presumably that's the real Tesa now.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
Also, A-set has Japanese videos too... Until now, they've been the same..... However, tonight's is 9 minutes longer and she plays Necrodancer instead....

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Definitely gonna drop Tesa some of my most burning questions on the tweeter.

I guess that might be related to Spike being the japanese publisher in japan, but not in the west.
There's even a Danganronpa-DLC for Crypt of the Necrodancer that was exclusively available in Japan for 2 years.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland

Welp, i guess this confirms that the videos are actually canon to the game, and not the separate universe theory i was proposing earlier.

Also, this happened.

At least he's being honest.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Having the vast majority of the video not feature Tesa is a pretty bold move, and by "bold move", i mean that it legit scared the shit out of me.

But next week is going to be really exciting, I promise! I get to play AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES!!! Stay tuned! ✌️✨
10582752-3x2-940x627.png

Did i really manage to get this right? Is Uchikoshi is really going with the whole "Vtuber Tesa and Real-life Tesa are separate" thing?

It should be noted that the Japanese account actually retweeted a 4gamer article about the game a few hours before this video was uploaded.
0466nWy.png

So they're really going to bat with this plotline.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
So

AI:TSF exists in our world (duh)
So do Uchikochi and Tesa as a V-Tuber.
Tesa also exists in AI:TSF as a character and is going to play it soon.
Tesa has already went missing and been murdered in our world, yet somehow still continues existing anyways.
The game is also about characters travelling into other characters dreams.
And real life Tesa has already met the ABIS Dream travelers, which implies that ABIS also exist in our world.

Unless this is all just a big, fat ruse, i'd imagine the game is going to be very, very meta and involve a lot of layered realities.
Would fit what Uchikochi has been doing.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I sat down last night and watched a bunch of these videos from the start. Got up to the abandoned theme park. Seemed like things were starting to happen, but I just couldn't stomach the idol persona thing anymore.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland

He did it! :)
He also tweeted a lengthy set of posts about a real-life murder case, so uh, that happened.

So

AI:TSF exists in our world (duh)
So do Uchikochi and Tesa as a V-Tuber.
Tesa also exists in AI:TSF as a character and is going to play it soon.
Tesa has already went missing and been murdered in our world, yet somehow still continues existing anyways.
The game is also about characters travelling into other characters dreams.
And real life Tesa has already met the ABIS Dream travelers, which implies that ABIS also exist in our world.
Actually, i think the idea is that everything from her initial return to GDC to the "This is your Idol" video is all fake content in the ARG universe, and the real deal mysteriously returned after that video.
So that basically means that ABIS (and anything else mentioned in the videos made during that period.) doesn't actually exist IRL.

It's super tongue-in-cheek. Keep at it. :)
I don't think it is, actually. Considering this is the same Uchikoshi that made a whole Anime about a guy who can't look at panties or else the earth just straight up gets destroyed. This is just the first original game where he fully invests in the weeb content.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Really sad to hear about the delay. This is gonna make it much harder to avoid spoilers but it cant be helped I guess.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like it is going to be a global delay, so no region should get it way ahead of the other...

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Honestly, they were launching at a really poor time, sandwiched between Fire Emblem, etc... But damn, this was my most anticipated game :(

Oct 25, 2017
Guess that's probably going to mess up whatever their Tessa plans were to a degree, that was likely just planned out until the July release.

Wakawun

Oct 27, 2017
Nooooooooo!!! I was following this SO HARD. I guess the only thing to fill the void is Fire Emblem now...

Red_V2

Oct 25, 2017
Fine with me, if this game needs an extra 2 months to polish some things up then go for it.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I'll buy it eventually, but now it releases the same month as Borderlands 3 and Cold Steel 3.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
A shame but I understand, hopefully it leads to good things. Currently nothing coming out in September on PC I want so it should work out but as always, it could suddenly change.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017

Damn. I wonder if the Japanese release is affected by the delay as well, the article in this week's Famitsu still lists the release date as July 25. Same with Amazon JP.

EDIT: It's a worldwide delay. At least people don't have to worry about everything potentially getting spoiled for two months.

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/ai-the-...ber-17-in-north-america-september-19-in-japan

Gematsu said:
Spike Chunsoft has delayed detective adventure game AI: The Somnium Files from its previously announced worldwide release date of July 25 to September 17 in North America and September 19 in Japan.
Gematsu said:
Spike Chunsoft told Gematsu in an e-mail that information regarding the European release date will be announced "soon."

Last edited:

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Summary of the interesting bits from this week's Famitsu:

About the Investigation Part that takes place in the real world: You Listen to what people have to say, examine objects, give orders and collect information. The interface looks very similar to the one shown off already from the Somnium Part. There's an example where you and the Boss visit the amusement park and the HUD gives you a number of potential options of how to interact.

The special abilities of AI-Ball during investigations: Zoom, X-Ray and Thermography. The first two are self-explanatory, the example for the third is a cigarette left at a crime scene that you examine to find out it must have been lit until very recently due to the residual heat.

You have a "Clue List" in the menu [note: similar to Jake Hunter games]. Clues you've uncovered and testimony are listed here and you can use them to build theories of what happened while talking them through with your current partner (in this example, the Boss).

Thrilling "Quick Time Events" where you have to press the correct button(s) in a short amount of time. If you fail, it can end deadly. The example shown is someone pointing a gun at Date and you have to quickly press down on the D-Pad to duck.

New Cast Members (from left to right):

castt8kwd.jpg

Shôko Nadami: The woman who was found dead in the merry-go-round of the dilapidated amusement park. Her left eye was gouged out post-mortem.

Hitomi Sagan: Iris's mother. She lost both her parents at the age of 17 and has raised Iris all by herself. She is unable to move her right hand due to a past injury.

Mayumi: Ota's mother. More than 30 years ago, she used to be in big financial debt but has since opened a lunch restaurant together with her husband that she is running. She's also incredibly forgetful.

Sô Sejima : A parliamentarian who has managed to rise from the bottom to the top of society. His strong inferiority complex towards the upper class is his driving force.

"Mama" : The owner of a snack bar frequented by Date. She is well versed in underground information and serves as an informant.

Last edited: