• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is reclining your seat in economy class-knowing it causes discomfort to the person behind you- rude?

• Yes. It’s rude.

Votes: 261 63.7%
  • No, it’s not rude. Fuck their discomfort. I pAiD fOR tHiS fEaTUrE

Votes: 149 36.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

www.nbcnews.com

Airline passenger films man punching her economy seat after she reclines

"Here’s a great jackhole! He was angry that I reclined my seat and punched it about 9 times — HARD," the passenger wrote on Twitter.

An airline passenger's video of a man punching the back of her seat sparked an online debate: Is it OK to recline when sitting in economy?

Wendi Williams said on Twitter that she was on an American Airlines flight from New Orleans to Charlotte when she decided to put her seat in the recline position.

The man behind her responded by repeatedly punching her seat, Williams wrote.

"Here's a great jackhole! He was angry that I reclined my seat and punched it about 9 times — HARD, at which point I began videoing him, and he resigned to this behavior," Williams tweeted Saturday with a video of the man behind her hitting the back of her seat. It's not clear what happened before or after Williams started filming.

"The other jackhole is the @AmericanAir flight attendant who reprimanded me and offered him rum!" Williams added.

American Airlines responded to Williams on Twitter by asking her to direct message the company.

Williams responded that she had tried to reach out to the airline. "You clearly want me to do this quietly through a DM," she said. "I'm done being quiet! I've had extensive neck surgeries - my cervical spine is completely fused ... I've lost time at work, had to visit a doctor, got x-rays, and have (had) horrible headaches for a week," Williams wrote.

Some Twitter users chided her for reclining her seat in such tight quarters.

"Reclining your seat when you are flying coach is literally the most selfish inconsiderate thing a person can do. It literally ruins the travel experience of the person sitting behind you. You are just as bad if not worse than him," one person wrote.
1qzya6.jpg

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im pretty tall. Getting mad at people for trying to get comfortable in ways they are designed to get comfortable is dumb as fuck.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Fuck airlines and the increasing smaller leg room they give passengers in order to push them to economy plus and first class tickets.

And fuck this guy and the attendant who rewarded him for this behavior.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Lol the twitter thread, everyone is applauding the dude.

Reclining really is the worst thing on a plane, it's moronic that planes even still have the functionality. You're up in the air for hours at a time, and have like six inches of space to work with. It's silly that the seat in front of you can take up so much of the minimal space you have

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Lotta recliners showing their faces in here. I'm disappointed in you all.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
if the seats recline, there's nothing wrong with reclining

guy was being a goddamn baby

Deleted member 14459

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely unacceptable behavior, but the guy is sitting in a row where knowing AA he cannot recline his own seat as its jammed against the back wall...

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks when the person in front of you recline their seat but like... be mad at the airline and live with it. No need to be shitty.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
They're both assholes.

1. Don't recline when you're in the second-last row. The person behind you has no way to compensate. It's common sense and common courtesy.
2. Don't punch the seat in front of you as retaliation.

Just communicate. She should have asked permission first before reclining and he should have said something instead of punching the seat. No one looks good here.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I mean, I understand the guy, I'm tall and it sucks on planes and buses when the person in front gives no shits and reclines the whole way. But does he really need to have his tray down like that? I feel like it's just making it worse for him. And he could recline a bit himself, especially since it looks like there's no one behind him. That's usually how I deal with the problem. I also try not to recline my seat too far back if there's someone behind me.

They both look bad tbh, neither of them gives a shit about the other's comfort.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I was working on my last flight and the person reclined and pushed my laptop screen down. It sucks ass.

But really, the anger should be reserved for the airlines that allow this shit to continue.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a tall person, you want to fly and be in comfort? Pay for business, emergency row, first class.....

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
If you're going to be upset at someone using an existing feature of their seat, you're the one who needs to be buying the upgraded seats. not the person who wants to use the existing feature.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you recline in economy you're an asshole

if you constantly push the seat in front of you because the person reclined you're an asshole

there, we can close the thread now

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao she had to get extensive neck surgeries because he punched her seat? Give me a fucking break

Dec 1, 2017
'it ruins the experience of flying economy!'

fuck out of here with that, i don't mind if people recline in front of me

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
They're both assholes.

1. Don't recline when you're in the second-last row. The person behind you has no way to compensate. It's common sense and common courtesy.
2. Don't punch the seat in front of you as retaliation.

Just communicate. She should have asked permission first before reclining and he should have said something instead of punching the seat. No one looks good here.
If either of them handled it in a way that made them look good, it wouldn't have made the news haha

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
They're both assholes, anyone who reclines in Economy knowing the impact it has on the person behind you is a selfish fuckwad.

"Blame the airlines for letting you do it" - that's a shitty justification, you can also repeatedly knock the back of someones seat as seen above..no ones gonna stop you, doesn't mean you're not an asshole for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.