• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Anything close to this is around 200-300$. Your 50$ Jabras really don't compare.
I don't think sound quality is a valid point here because if people cared about that they wouldn't get in-ears.
This is just a fantasy price, neither justified by hardware, nor features, nor quality. Obviously Apple can ask whatever they want, as long as people are willing to pay it, but I still think it's necessary to point out that the price is ridiculous.
A few years ago in-ears were either free because they came with every other device, or they were like 10-20€ if you were into better sound quality.
Ever since they made the jump to bluetooth in-ears they figured they can start raising the prices because people have long lost any relation to the actual worth of a product, so when there is no point of reference, like with a somewhat new thing(bluetooth in-ears) just have at it and try to squeeze consumers for as much as you can.

Also, I have 25€ Mpows and 300€ Boses(a gift from work, because people complained about the noise from cars when the windows were open) and I use the Mpows 99% of the time.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. Galaxy Buds are $130, have excellent battery life, good sound quality, wireless charging, and pair with iPhones as well. There are many alternatives well below that if you don't need wireless charging available. Why would an informed consumer buy these?

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I don't get it. Galaxy Buds are $130, have excellent battery life, good sound quality, wireless charging, and pair with iPhones as well. There are many alternatives well below that if you don't need wireless charging available. Why would an informed consumer buy these?

Pairing the galaxy buds is a joke compared to airpods.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
sold

airpods are the greatest consumer electronic device since the iphone. they can charge 300$ for a noise cancellation version if they want

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Given the wireless charging and the features I was expecting like 299.

I'm tempted if the sound is good and if the noise cancelling is good.

I have some over the head headphones with noise cancelling but the noise cancelling isn't that good.

Anyway, probably won't buy it but I'm tempted.

Oct 25, 2017
H1 chip pairs easier than alternatives. Also has integrated battery life/sensor items on the phone/watch. These are noise cancelling and are water resistant. I think Airpods Gen 2 are more equally in line with the Samsung buds. So if the features above done do much for you, then go for alternatives that are lower priced.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Nothing pairs with an iphone like airpods do.

The convenience alone is worth the premium.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Such a weird way to drop a product for Apple.

I think I will pick them up early next year. A 6+ battery life would have been great.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
As an iPhone user I returned the buds because the connectivity was so bad. They don't sound particularly great either, are too quiet, and the touch controls are finicky. A bunch of features are also locked out of the iPhone.

For the price, they're fine but are obviously very budget compared to the latest true wireless earbuds around $200.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Seems nice, but I can't bring myself to drop $250 on something that inherently can only last 2-3 years due to battery limitations.
Yeah, I really hope Apple figures out some kind of solution to the battery degradation issue. Not saying they can change the laws of physics; I mean something like giving each pair of AirPods one free lifetime battery replacement (and designing them so that battery replacement/recycling is actually possible).

signal

Oct 28, 2017
chifi buds forever

But this sounds aight:

The Ear Tip Fit Test helps ensure users get the best audio experience from AirPods Pro by testing the quality of the seal and identifying the best ear tip size for them. After placing AirPods Pro in each ear, advanced algorithms work together with the microphones in each AirPod to measure the sound level in the ear and compare it to what is coming from the speaker driver. In just seconds, the algorithm detects whether the ear tip is the right size and has a good fit, or should be adjusted to create a better seal.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, these look way better than expected. I especially appreciate the shorter stem. I ordered a pair to see how I like them; generally don't dig in-ears but I really want noise cancellation on the train. Sucks they still don't have an exchangeable battery though.

E: Wait wtf, the 30th is in two days. What a weird release. They were already back ordered to the 4th of November for me but oh well, had to do work (that will eventually pay for them) and missed the news while it was hot lol

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, these look way better than expected. I especially appreciate the shorter stem. I ordered a pair to see how I like them; generally don't like in-ears but I really want noise cancellation on the train.
Not sure about longer, look shorter if anything
Edit: caught you before the edit lol
airpodsproinear-800x533.jpg

Jun 20, 2019
Yeah, I really hope Apple figures out some kind of solution to the battery degradation issue. Not saying they can change the laws of physics; I mean something like giving each pair of AirPods one free lifetime battery replacement (and designing them so that battery replacement/recycling is actually possible).
$29 for AppleCare+ includes two battery replacements over two years. It'd be nice if one was free, but $30 for two isn't bad IMHO. Get one at the end of year 1 if you need it, then the second a few weeks before the contract runs out.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
They look nice. Now I'm torn between these or the PowerBeats Pro
Wait for reviews on these but as someone who bought Powerbeats pro and is now getting rid of them, probably choose AirPods Pro. The Powerbeats sound better then AirPods regular, and I love the ear hook but they actually hurt to wear because the plastic piece digs into your ear, apparently im not the only one who had the issue either. They just aren't good for more than an 40 min because of the pain.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna have a ton of uninformed trolls in here saying it's too expensive when it's really not a bad price considering the wireless case and ANC. Going to buy from Costco so the "bad battery in 2 years" isn't a concern at all.

Jun 6, 2019
Was a big fan of my AirPods, the convenience can't be beaten. But after using mine for not even two years, batteries have turned to complete shit. Not being able to replace them soured me on the experience (and spending almost $200 on this). I think I'm done with AirPods. Wish I could replace the batteries and not have to throw them out. If that were the case, I'd buy these in a heartbeat.

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
Wait for reviews on these but as someone who bought Powerbeats pro and is now getting rid of them, probably choose AirPods Pro. The Powerbeats sound better then AirPods regular, and I love the ear hook but they actually hurt to wear because the plastic piece digs into your ear, apparently im not the only one who had the issue either. They just aren't good for more than an 40 min because of the pain.
I mean I don't experience this at all and I've worn them everyday for maybe 4+ hours since launch, sounds like a bad fit issue

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I wore my Powerbeats pro for hours at a time with no issues. Just depends on the ear I guess. The gigantic case made me return them though the AirPods Pro is exactly the form factor I've been waiting for

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give them a try. I was considering getting Sony's WF XM3s, which also have ANC. If anything, Apple makes it almost too easy to return things if you don't like them, so I can't go wrong trying them.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
As an iPhone user I returned the buds because the connectivity was so bad. They don't sound particularly great either, are too quiet, and the touch controls are finicky. A bunch of features are also locked out of the iPhone.

For the price, they're fine but are obviously very budget compared to the latest true wireless earbuds around $200.

Galaxy Buds work significantly the best with more recent Samsung phones. There aren't connection issues or anything like that. I would never buy them to use with an iPhone.

I'm personally waiting on the Pixel Buds - my bet is that they're going to be superior product to many of these devices in terms of design and functionality.

The Surface buds look ridiculously large

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Want to hear what's happening around you? Just press and hold the force sensor on the stem to jump between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode — which lets outside sound in, and allows things to sound and feel natural when you're talking to people nearby.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have XM3's and airpods. Use the airpods when walking around work, and use the XM3's at my desk. Will grab these pros someday down the road. 250 a little high though for what they are.

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm definitely balking at this price point for earphones that will struggle to maintain their charge in two years' time. My current first-gen AirPods are just about getting me by — but £/$249 is just too steep. I'll wait for the refreshed Beats Studio headphones and use my AirPods when out running / general exercise.

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't see what this offers that isn't better than the Powerbeats Pro I upgraded to.
The difference is ANC and a different fit which will matter for some people, whereas the pros have the hooks and most likely a different signature

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, these look way better than expected. I especially appreciate the shorter stem. I ordered a pair to see how I like them; generally don't dig in-ears but I really want noise cancellation on the train. Sucks they still don't have an exchangeable battery though.

E: Wait wtf, the 30th is in two days. What a weird release. They were already back ordered to the 4th of November for me but oh well, had to do work (that will eventually pay for them) and missed the news while it was hot lol

I'm gonna go to the Apple Store on Wednesday to pick up a pair, can't select instore pickup.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Outrageous price, but comparable to offerings from other companies. Genuinely curious to see how long the batteries in these end up lasting. My OG airpods lasted 18 months before kicking the bucket.

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
These new tips look a lot easier to keep clean at least. Biggest problem with AirPods is they sound terrible so hope this is a big upgrade there at least

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm definitely balking at this price point for earphones that will struggle to maintain their charge in two years' time. My current first-gen AirPods are just about getting me by — but £/$249 is just too steep. I'll wait for the refreshed Beats Studio headphones and use my AirPods when out running / general exercise.
Yeah costly for basically disposable devices.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The "Airpods Pro" name sounds weird and doesn't fit...probably because "Pro" has always been paired with a product with a singular name. "Airpods" is plural and just sounds weird with "Pro" after it.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The probably would not stay in my ear just like the regular AirPods. Powerbeats pro are great. Wish the case was smaller.