• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Just tested a coworkers pros and they sounded great. Then I found out Apple got rid of the tap options and I lost all interest.
Those should've been kept it.
Try tapping them when they are in your ears. It sounds like you're being punched into an ear. It's really not a good feeling, it's probably not even a good idea in terms of ear health, and it's no wonder they didn't keep that functionality for in-ear headphones.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Roughly three weeks in to having these and they might be one of my favorite pairs of headphones ever. Solid (not mind-blowing) sound, insane comfort and great sound isolation and cancelation, and phenomenal integration across my iPad, phone, and work laptop. So happy with them.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Mine have now fallen out twice while approaching my car, usually into mud/puddles. So far still in one piece but its a pain. They give you barely any warning they're going to do it either. Its always the right one so maybe need a larger tip but then its less comfortable

Oct 25, 2017
Mine have now fallen out twice while approaching my car, usually into mud/puddles. So far still in one piece but its a pain. They give you barely any warning they're going to do it either. Its always the right one so maybe need a larger tip but then its less comfortable
According to the tip fit test, I get a good seal with all three sizes. Started with medium, found them occasionally coming unexpectedly unseated, switched to large, and the problem sort of persisted here and there... didn't twig until now to try small, and now they seem to be staying in place more assuredly.

TLDR; going larger could sort it out, but don't forget to try smaller, too, if you haven't already!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
According to the tip fit test, I get a good seal with all three sizes. Started with medium, found them occasionally coming unexpectedly unseated, switched to large, and the problem sort of persisted here and there... didn't twig until now to try small, and now they seem to be staying in place more assuredly.

TLDR; going larger could sort it out, but don't forget to try smaller, too, if you haven't already!

intersting - never considered that. Seems counterintuitive but maybe they aren't 'pushing' themselves out of the ear like bigger ones might?

Oct 25, 2017
intersting - never considered that. Seems counterintuitive but maybe they aren't 'pushing' themselves out of the ear like bigger ones might?
Seems that way. Like the width of the small tips is a close match to the aperture of the innermost section of my ear canals, whilst the larger tips are too wide for the outer areas.

Loomies

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's because I'm using an android device but does anyone have issues with the airpod giving glitchy feedback when taking it out of the case. Sometimes I would have to re-pair it. The feedback sounds like the ANC making popping noises and then "bzz bzzzzz bzzz"

egg1111115

Nov 12, 2017
CA
So, I'm still debating whether to get AppleCare...what would the benefits be besides being able to maybe replace it due to the battery in ~2 years? Has anyone had to use their coverage on their previous AirPods?

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I know foam tips are available on ebay (mine are coming soon) but are there any traditional tips available on ebay in different sizes than the standard apple ones? I'm equally interested in that.

Yesterday I received the foam tips from eBay, and I'm very pleased with them. Apparently my right ear canal is straight out of Carlsbad Caverns and even the largest of the tips Apple included could never create a good seal—the foam, however, is snug, comfortable, and a vast improvement in comfort.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Every time I'm on a call for more than a few minutes, because I'm moving my mouth to talk, my right earbud starts slipping. I go to adjust it, and always accidentally hang up.

super annoying. But I don't see a setting to disable hanging upby touching them. Any ideas?

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday I received the foam tips from eBay, and I'm very pleased with them. Apparently my right ear canal is straight out of Carlsbad Caverns and even the largest of the tips Apple included could never create a good seal—the foam, however, is snug, comfortable, and a vast improvement in comfort.

haha, my left ear has the same issue. It stays in ok but it just doesn't feel snug the way the right one does. Which tips did you get?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are so many better alternatives for that price point.
There really aren't. If you're strictly talking about audio quality, then sure. Airpods hold their own there but there's definitely better options for the same price or cheaper. But Airpods are about so much more than just audio quality.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I'm on a call for more than a few minutes, because I'm moving my mouth to talk, my right earbud starts slipping. I go to adjust it, and always accidentally hang up.

super annoying. But I don't see a setting to disable hanging upby touching them. Any ideas?
Don't you have to actually press to hang up? I've never accidentally triggered any action when readjusting mine 🤔

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was thanks to this thread that I learned about not having to unpair/re-pair my Airpods when using the Apple TV: just hold down the TV button and select the Airpods as my listening device, bam.

This worked just fine until recently, where now each time I do this it unpairs the Airpods from my iPhone. I'm wondering why this is the case and how I could fix it.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
After not using them for a day, today I put them into my ears, and only the left one is working. Trying to figure out what is wrong, I try disconnecting, re-connecting etc. only to find out in the end that the right one is completely discharged :( Again, this is after a whole day of both sitting inside the case, and the case being 100% charged. So, something is still wrong with the charging ever after these firmware updates.

*edit* also, I might be crazy, but it seems like the ANC is not working as well as before? The hum of the heating system in my office is still audible now when I turn the ANC on, and I know that before it sounded as if the system just completely stopped when I enable ANC. I remember being amused by how much it seemed like it shut off anytime I'd put them in my ears. It's not like that anymore. Did they nerf this via firmware updates?

Last edited:

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
The ANC definitely borked since last firmware update IMO. You can even tell when it kicks in it just doesn't feel the same. I've seen a few folks on Reddit mention.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
How compatible are these with PC's? If I'm watching a YouTube video, can I pause it with the Airpods?

Also how many devices can it be simultaneously paired with?

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Didn't notice any difference in ANC performance but it kicks in later now. Before it was perfect, put them in and environmental noise was immediately lowered. Now they often take a couple of seconds until that happens.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on firmware 2B588 and they just sound the same? Dunno if that's the most recent one.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't notice any difference in ANC performance but it kicks in later now. Before it was perfect, put them in and environmental noise was immediately lowered. Now they often take a couple of seconds until that happens.
I'm not noticing this. For me it starts instantly, same as before, but it's just weaker - or at least different, and worse for this one particular sound where I clearly remember what it was like before.

I'm on firmware 2B588 and they just sound the same? Dunno if that's the most recent one.
I think it probably depends on the type of the sound. With some sounds you may not notice any difference. With this office heating system hum, I almost want to say it sounds more annoying now when I enable the ANC, because I can still hear just the lowest range of the frequency of that hum.

Does resetting the airpods to factory setting bring them to an initial firmware? I could try doing that to confirm this.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Got rid of the delayed ANC thing by pushing the button on the case for a while until the Pods disconnected from everything. Now it's instant again.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Went back to XF-1000-XM3's and returned these. Had 3 faulty pairs in a row and while the final pair worked, the compatibility with iPhone wasn't enough to trump the better sound and ANC of the Sony pair. Oh well maybe version 2 I'll try again.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
You know the difference between noise cancellation and transparency is amazing but the difference between noise cancellation and "off" is really not that big. It filters out that tunnel noise sound.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my pair and they are amazing. The ability to turn off the noise cancelation when needed is incredible and feels and sounds natural. Sound is damn good as well as the controls for pausing ect. I am impressed.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up getting these but evidently there's a ton of issues with wireless charging on these. Form what I've read tons are having issues wirelessly charging these as well as regular airpods.
I can't get these to charge at all on multiple different pads.

OP
OP
May 9, 2018
Ended up getting these but evidently there's a ton of issues with wireless charging on these. Form what I've read tons are having issues wirelessly charging these as well as regular airpods.
I can't get these to charge at all on multiple different pads.
I got a pair of Airpods Pro; on my more legit Belkin pad, it charges a bit, stops, then starts charging again (it eventually hits 100%). Weird.

Maybe it's a new firmware thing?

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I got a pair of Airpods Pro; on my more legit Belkin pad, it charges a bit, stops, then starts charging again (it eventually hits 100%). Weird.

Maybe it's a new firmware thing?
No idea but it seems to be bc of the metal strip on the back of the case. I've tried it on a cheap character, a mophie pad and now the mophie 3 in 1 pad. All are having the same issues.

Right now I have a napkin Inbetween the case and the pad as I've read that may helps it.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Odd, mine works fine. Maybe they added the feature that the phones have? There made it so that the phone reaches 100% when they think you need it to and not earlier

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Mine have yet to fail me on any of my wireless chargers. Haven't charged them wired ever since I got them at launch. Weird, first time I'm hearing about this but I suppose it makes sense that some chargers may have trouble with the clasp. Though to be frank I don't watch them while they charge, so they may expose the same behavior unbeknownst to me 🤷‍♂️

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Got one this week.

Using the smallest tips, my right ear hurts.