• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Al pastor > any other taco meat

Nov 2, 2017
Absolutely agree. Too bad that I've only eaten them in Mexico and cannot find anything close in the USA. Fuck you Mid West America and your bad Mexican restaurants.

Someone please recommend me an amazing place to get these near Rochester MN, Twin Cities, La Crosse, WI or Iowa City.
There's good tacos in the US. You just in wrong area haha.

Nov 29, 2017
Noice. Verdict? How were they today? And dang, $3+ is a little steep per taco!
Oh they are great, my regular spot for tacos, just didn't have tacos for a minute. Yeah, prices are a bit steep for a truck but their quality is good. I had much cheaper truck tacos, typically not as well made, also not as many options, you basically get pork, chicken, beef and only grilled, that's it.

Oct 27, 2017
Err....no, al pastor is too sweet to be the best. Beef Suadero or Cecina are great, barbacoa de chivo (steamed goat), as is Tinga de Pollo .
That's what makes it so great though. You can offset that with strong fresh greens like thin radish, onions, and cilantro.

Stinkles

343 Industries
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thread inspired me to make chorizo and short rib tacos. No radishes but I had fresh Pico de Gallo and sour cream so it was OK. Also some adobo sauce from leftover chipotle peppers.

Stinkles

343 Industries
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sour cream? Oh no baby! what is you doin???
I didn't have crema or radishes or anything except tortillas, meat and Pico. And queso but I didn't eat it. also this will blow your mind but people like different things.

My favorite tacos on earth are from a CHAIN.

Tacos Califas in MX City.

Come at me.

Edit : also kiss my grits - home made yucatecan pickled red onions which is also wrong but I eat with everything.