• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Al pastor > any other taco meat

Oct 27, 2017
This thread reminded me how I used to love this type of food but due to my stomach problems, I can't eat anything near spicy anymore. :(
Miklo no :(
At a least you can still have carne asada tacos without chile sauce. But maybe you'd do well avoiding red meats, too.

Oct 28, 2017
Rosita’s Al Pastor in Austin, TX is the best taco shop there is. The Al Pastor seasoning and crisp is bar none one of the finest eating experiences I’ve ever had.

Stinkles

343 Industries
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why ruin perfectly good meat with pineapple?

There are literally hundreds of meat dishes that include pineapple from mongolian beef to gammon steaks. The sweetness, tartness and acid all create flavor contrasts andbreak down meat proteins.

Oct 30, 2017
Al Pastor is one of my main go to meats, but if the place has cabeza then load me up. Can't do lengua after seeing it raw on ice in one of the Mexican markets.

Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Thread needs mas fish tacos. Great meat tacos are delicious, but a great fish taco is sublime.

Anyone in Maine looking for good tacos I’d highly recommend Taco Trio in South Portland. Authentic and flavorful, one day their special was the GOAT meat - chicharron. Now that’s a taco filling.

There are literally hundreds of meat dishes that include pineapple from mongolian beef to gammon steaks. The sweetness, tartness and acid all create flavor contrasts andbreak down meat proteins.
Anyone who’s eaten at a rodizio will tell you that grilled pineapple is one of the best bites you can have, as it serves to reset your palate and will enhance the flavor of the meats yet to come.

Nov 18, 2017
There is this place called Tacos y Tortas Panza Feliz by my work. Best tacos in Houston! The variety is amazing tripa, lengua, chicharron, carnitas, becerro, al pastor, etc. They have these pollo en salsa verde tacos that are amazing and really underrated!

Oct 25, 2017
Barbacoa? Usually made from cachete and lengua here in the US in Mexico they use the entire head.
I had it at a Taco Los Primos when I was down to the states for work. Mind you, I'm from Ottawa (Canada), so I'm not used to having good Mexican food. On the menu, they advertised it was cow head. Not sure what parts. It definitely wasn't tongue. It could have been cheek. It resembled the meat from a Vietnamese stew I buy locally that has a lot of connective tissue.

Oct 25, 2017
You are not wrong OP.
Horchata > Any other drink
horchata vs jamaica is literally civil war tier conflict.

You made me walk to my hood taco truck and grab two suaderos.

Look at that diversity on the menu......best taco truck ever.

I love the veggie option at the bottom lol. Between mushrooms, potatoes and onions, huitlacoche, flor de calabaza, avocado, etc. you're actually never hurt for vegetarian options from a decent tacos and quesadilla place.