• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I assume there will be episodes in the future where Mr. Ratburn's husband will make at least a brief appearance in.

Are they going to ban those, too?

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I want the people that made this decision to be forced to watch the episode. I'm imagining a scene like South Park where people are throwing up everywhere when they see PC Principal and Strongwoman having relations.

Or maybe it would be more like the end of Raiders of the Last Ark and they would just melt.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So where are all the free speech complaints.
This is literally censorship.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Next stop: the 1950s

I hate this current climate. It's very much the same where I live and it's exhausting to read stuff like this every single day.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
So do people really believe that if kids never see a gay person they will never be gay?

ugh-mommy-those-two-men-are-kissing-each-other-dont-7907088.png

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just watched it the other day with my kids, it's not even that outlandish.

He just walks down the aisle with his man and the kids are happy for him.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Careful Alabama, that gay love is contagious and dangerous.

Siblings and rapists, on the other hand...

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Alabama continues to make me proud to be from there....oh wait I actually mean ashamed. My birth state sucks.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is fucked up. States banning broadcasts that air throughout the country is a thing I just learned about. Mississippi banned Sesame Street when it debut because the show was too integrated, but reversed course 3 weeks later.

The concept seems crazy in 2019.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
When the PBS affiliates from Alabama go to the national PBS affiliate meetings, I wonder how that goes. I'd imagine most people working for PBS, even in a state like Alabama, are probably progressive minded... even if you're less progressive than a public television producer in Boston or New York, you're still probably relatively progressive... and the fold to state/county/local pressure. I just wonder what that's like for them, because you know all the affiliates talk shit about the ass backwards ones.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
It's so weird to me to hear these things. It must just be people at the top of the food chain on politics, because me being a MN boy who was down in mobile alabama last month for my sisters wedding, I didn't see anything that would make me think that state is a racist and homophobic state like we see. Maybe it's just city life is more liberal?

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
goddamn yeehawdists holding us back. if it wasn't for the whole color thing id say yall'queda and isis would get along pretty well.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
It's so weird to me to hear these things. It must just be people at the top of the food chain on politics, because me being a MN boy who was down in mobile alabama last month for my sisters wedding, I didn't see anything that would make me think that state is a racist and homophobic state like we see. Maybe it's just city life is more liberal?
Are you white

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
The top five most populous cities in Alabama (Mobile is second) are pretty left of center for the most part. Once you venture outside of those cities, things tend to get a little dicey very quickly.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Of course I'm white. I'm not saying racism isn't in mobile, but it appeared everyone was friendly down there. I saw gay people all over the place too. It was like any other city I've been to.

Just saying, it mostly must be outside of urban areas. That seems to be the case everywhere. Just way more extreme in the south.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Next week's episode "DW Gets an Abortion" probably won't go over well either

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Bumfuck Alabama, trying to put the sun out with its thumb. But by all means, elect a pedophile.
It's no surprise they'd censor this episode. Bumfuck hick adults want their youngins to be bumfuck hick children. Anything that might open their minds, question "tradition" and expand their horizons = bad, evil, liberal and un-Christian.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Alabama: "11 year olds are too young to understand this gay stuff!!!!1111!"

Also Alabama: "11 year olds should be forced to give birth to their rapist's child"

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alabama just saved its kids from PBS' deadly gay-ray. Why a Publicly funded TV network is allowed to present these crazy sci-fi ideas as if they're real life is beyond me. Anyway, thank goodness for the aegis of morality that Roy Moore died to forge in the fires of righteousness. Alabama continues to lead the nation in every major socio-economic metric, from godliness to Commandmentyness.