• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Aladdin (2019) - Grammys Teaser Trailer

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when some people were convinced Mary Poppins was gonna clean up at the box office?

I assume it's the same people that are oh so sure that this will gross a billion dollars.

Oct 26, 2017
Looks very early, they could definitely use some time to adjust the animations and rendering.. I think the final piece will look much better than what we've seen so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very early, they could definitely use some time to adjust the animations and rendering.. I think the final piece will look much better than what we've seen so far.
This movie is coming out in 3 months. There's not that much they can do I think. It's really worrying that we've seen so little. There's not even a full trailer yet. This is the most they've shown us.

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when some people were convinced Mary Poppins was gonna clean up at the box office?

I assume it's the same people that are oh so sure that this will gross a billion dollars.
It should gross a billion, if it was simply average. The idea on paper is not bad and there is money to be made.... Disney fucked up and hired the wrong talent across the board.

Who is the CGI production company? Fire them. Guy Ritchie after two bombs at the box office? Jafar sounding and looking like a nasaly wimp?

Everything is wrong and they have only show approximately 1 minute of footage, I cannot fathom how bad the rest is.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It should gross a billion, if it was simply average. The idea on paper is not bad and there is money to be made.... Disney fucked up and hired the wrong talent across the board.

Who is the CGI production company? Fire them. Guy Ritchie after two bombs at the box office? Jafar sounding and looking like a nasaly wimp?

Everything is wrong and they have only show approximately 1 minute of footage, I cannot fathom how bad the rest is.
Can't wait for the reveal that shows Aladdin with a cockney accent and that he grew up in a whorehouse. Odds on him knowing kung fu?

Oct 28, 2017
United States
* Cave of wonders is really underwhelming and has no personality...
* Aladdin looks joy-less
* Jafar sounds so weak...
* Genie clip in the trailer is of laughably poor quality - one of the few instances where it literally looks like they needed "a few more rendering passes" - it looks terrible and I don't use that word lightly
* The genie rendering in that other screenshot released looks muuuuch better from an image quality standpoint (though of course, people can still dislike the design)

Oct 25, 2017
Decent chance that the reason why there had been very little footage is because they have dumbo coming out next month and they just dropped a longer trailer for that a few weeks ago.

Same reason why they are holding the second Endgame trailer out until probably after Captain Marvel releases.

Disney doesn’t want to shadow other releases.

This spot may not have done what they wanted, but they aren’t stupid.

I mean, that’s why you won’t see anything from Frozen 2 or TLK second trailer until next month.

Wouldn’t be shocked if you saw a longer trailer for this next month too.

Oct 25, 2017
I had to laugh at how someone just flips a lightswitch on the new Cave of Wonders. Seriously, even fading it in would be more ominous.
Off screen Jaffar clapped his hands or used a smart home app or something. Lights on.

This looks worse and worse with each showing.

Oct 25, 2017
Guy Ritchie is just so...counter to the spirit of the original movie, plus his last two movies were total bombs. It makes no sense.

I'm fed up of the "serious" tone shown in the last two teasers (Genie aside), with the really dumb take on Friend Like Me. They need to show Aladdin actually enjoying life.

Or having literally any semblance of personality or charisma.
Talk about living up to Robin Williams, they can’t even beat Steve from Full House

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember the last Disney movie where the budget actually ended up on the screen. They always have dodgy effects, or the lighting is flat, or the editing is off. Ugliest bug budget movies around.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember the last Disney movie where the budget actually ended up on the screen. They always have dodgy effects, or the lighting is flat, or the editing is off. Ugliest bug budget movies around.
I don't know where the money goes. People have been criticising the Marvel movies for flat colour grading and uninspiring photography for a while, but it's happening to mainline Disney productions now, so maybe it's something that's coming from above. It looks dull and cheap.