• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
The other live action remakes might have their problems, they've been generally very well liked. For all the complaints of "why make film again" for TLK remake, it's ultimately had an overwhelmingly positive reception.
But this one, nothing seems to be working for it. Every promotional bit or news about the production seems to be totally off, or bad looking.

True. As I said in another thread recently that asked 'why live action anime adaptations don't work' it could be that Aladdin was simply never going to work in live action.

Given the crazy, Looney Tunes esque performance Robin Williams gave as the Genie recreating in live action with an actual actor was never going to be an easy ask. I suppose it's the difference between saying Jungle Book would work as a live action/VFX pic but Finding Nemo wouldn't.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
This movie won't bomb.

If any of the three remakes bombs, it's going to be Dumbo.

Then again, I'm probably a simpleton in this thread and still am excited for it. (I'm a sucker for Musicals and Disney films)

Just give me good music and colorful sequences and I am happy.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man wtf happened to Will. He used to be the man in the 90s. He needs a better agent or something. Unless money is all he cares about.

Oct 25, 2017
GAGbJWD.png
This is pretty shocking because you rarely see something like this from Disney.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when some people were convinced Mary Poppins was gonna clean up at the box office?

I assume it's the same people that are oh so sure that this will gross a billion dollars.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa haha what the fuck. I thought it was funny to say this movie was a Love Guru sequel, but it actually looks worse than a Love Guru sequel.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Looks very early, they could definitely use some time to adjust the animations and rendering.. I think the final piece will look much better than what we've seen so far.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Looks very early, they could definitely use some time to adjust the animations and rendering.. I think the final piece will look much better than what we've seen so far.

This movie is coming out in 3 months. There's not that much they can do I think. It's really worrying that we've seen so little. There's not even a full trailer yet. This is the most they've shown us.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when some people were convinced Mary Poppins was gonna clean up at the box office?

I assume it's the same people that are oh so sure that this will gross a billion dollars.
It should gross a billion, if it was simply average. The idea on paper is not bad and there is money to be made.... Disney fucked up and hired the wrong talent across the board.

Who is the CGI production company? Fire them. Guy Ritchie after two bombs at the box office? Jafar sounding and looking like a nasaly wimp?

Everything is wrong and they have only show approximately 1 minute of footage, I cannot fathom how bad the rest is.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It should gross a billion, if it was simply average. The idea on paper is not bad and there is money to be made.... Disney fucked up and hired the wrong talent across the board.

Who is the CGI production company? Fire them. Guy Ritchie after two bombs at the box office? Jafar sounding and looking like a nasaly wimp?

Everything is wrong and they have only show approximately 1 minute of footage, I cannot fathom how bad the rest is.
Can't wait for the reveal that shows Aladdin with a cockney accent and that he grew up in a whorehouse. Odds on him knowing kung fu?

Deleted member 19844

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
* Cave of wonders is really underwhelming and has no personality...
* Aladdin looks joy-less
* Jafar sounds so weak...
* Genie clip in the trailer is of laughably poor quality - one of the few instances where it literally looks like they needed "a few more rendering passes" - it looks terrible and I don't use that word lightly
* The genie rendering in that other screenshot released looks muuuuch better from an image quality standpoint (though of course, people can still dislike the design)

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
Decent chance that the reason why there had been very little footage is because they have dumbo coming out next month and they just dropped a longer trailer for that a few weeks ago.

Same reason why they are holding the second Endgame trailer out until probably after Captain Marvel releases.

Disney doesn't want to shadow other releases.

This spot may not have done what they wanted, but they aren't stupid.

I mean, that's why you won't see anything from Frozen 2 or TLK second trailer until next month.

Wouldn't be shocked if you saw a longer trailer for this next month too.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That twitter fix looks good. Having simply blue will Smith further adds to the tv drama cosplay feel this whole thing has.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Guy Ritchie is just so...counter to the spirit of the original movie, plus his last two movies were total bombs. It makes no sense.

I'm fed up of the "serious" tone shown in the last two teasers (Genie aside), with the really dumb take on Friend Like Me. They need to show Aladdin actually enjoying life.

2E5a.gif

9sxTqM.gif

1v7F.gif

ElectricDecisiveHaddock-size_restricted.gif

Or having literally any semblance of personality or charisma.
Talk about living up to Robin Williams, they can't even beat Steve from Full House

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember the last Disney movie where the budget actually ended up on the screen. They always have dodgy effects, or the lighting is flat, or the editing is off. Ugliest bug budget movies around.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Why wouldn't they........

Keep Will Smith for the human disguise, and make the genie not have Will Smith's face

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember the last Disney movie where the budget actually ended up on the screen. They always have dodgy effects, or the lighting is flat, or the editing is off. Ugliest bug budget movies around.
I don't know where the money goes. People have been criticising the Marvel movies for flat colour grading and uninspiring photography for a while, but it's happening to mainline Disney productions now, so maybe it's something that's coming from above. It looks dull and cheap.

Fluffhead14

Oct 27, 2017
the shot of aladdin in front of the cave and on the rocks as the place is falling apart looks laughably bad.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know who's worse, Jafar or the Genie. Jafar's voice, what the fuck?

I miss Robin Williams so much