• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Movie will be worth it if it's revealed Aladdin is actually a selfish scumbag and the actual villain and Jafar was the supportive guy who was there for her all along trying to make her dreams come true.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-77cUxba-aA

Almost exactly the story from the Starkid musical.

...I wish this movie looked better than it does. I have really liked/loved most of the Disney live action films so far, but this one is looking really dodgy. Also not into Dumbo either...

I dunno. :(

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
Once upon a time cast was pretty good, if under used.
353364fa852141888e2a4f149a170b1d.jpg

Can anyone in that cast sing though? That's also important considering this is a musical and all. Still think there's not enough to make a decision on if the movie is going to be good or not

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Because Guy Ritchie has no god damn clue what he's doing.

The whole damn point of this scene is that Jafar tricks him into going.. since he.. isn't revealed as the big evil baddie but rather some random old prisoner who convinces Aladdin they need to work together.

Wtf is going on.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone in that cast sing though? That's also important considering this is a musical and all. Still think there's not enough to make a decision on if the movie is going to be good or not

Honestly I don't see why it would matter. The original Aladdin used professional singers for when Aladdin and Jasmine sing. Wish Disney would stop trying to make actors sing when they clearly aren't up to the task, that's how we we end up with this disgraceful display:

The use of autotune for Emma Watson is so bad. She sounds like a machine at times.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
68k dislikes vs. 44k likes, that's a high ratio. Compare that to, say, Artemis Fowl trailer, and that has 16k dislikes vs. 62k likes.

Not saying that Artemis Fowl will make more money than Aladdin (that will never happen) but I'm struggling to think of a Disney released media with a higher percentage of dislikes on YouTube, is there one?

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
68k dislikes vs. 44k likes, that's a high ratio. Compare that to, say, Artemis Fowl trailer, and that has 16k dislikes vs. 62k likes.

Not saying that Artemis Fowl will make more money than Aladdin (that will never happen) but I'm struggling to think of a Disney released media with a higher percentage of dislikes on YouTube, is there one?

Disney's marketing team is going to have a real job on their hands turning around the negative buzz that now surrounds this film. When the central character/image in your film's marketing (and the star) becomes a meme you know you're in trouble.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

The whole damn point of this scene is that Jafar tricks him into going.. since he.. isn't revealed as the big evil baddie and rather some random old prisoner who convinces Aladdin they need to work together.

Wtf is going on.
Yeah this is strange. I guess actual Javar just frees him under the condition he brings him the lamp!? But why even make that change

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
If Will Smith in in a movie it's probably going to be awful. This looks no different.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be the Disney shill.

I think this movie is going to be good. I also think all the CG issues will be fixed by May.

Will Smith will do his own spin on it.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
The story behind how or why multiple people at Disney thought Guy Ritchie would be a good director for Aladdin is probably more entertaining than the movie itself.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I was reading about Wild Wild West last week (happy 20th Will) and WB lost all faith months before release, but had to pretend it still gave a shit. I wonder if Disney's in that boat.

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I don't see why it would matter. The original Aladdin used professional singers for when Aladdin and Jasmine sing. Wish Disney would stop trying to make actors sing when they clearly aren't up to the task, that's how we we end up with this disgraceful display:

The use of autotune for Emma Watson is so bad. She sounds like a machine at times.

I had only ever heard the complaints, never seen any clips from the film itself. She sounds like a damn vocaloid lmao

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't matter?! The whole reason these fuckwits stated that they didn't go with an actress with ties to the MENA, was becuse they couldn't find someone that could sing properly. Which by the way, is one the biggest loads of shit I've heard. Couldn't find one Middle Eastern/North African actress that could sing? Fuck you Disney.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter?! The whole reason these fuckwits stated that they didn't go with an actress with ties to the MENA, was becuse they couldn't find someone that could sing properly. Which by the way, is one the biggest loads of shit I've heard. Couldn't find one Middle Eastern/North African actress that could sing? Fuck you Disney.
Disney sucks, news at 11.

Nov 11, 2017

I think this movie is going to be good. I also think all the CG issues will be fixed by May.

Vfx are nearly done, these shots most likely will not change. A lot of my friends are working on it and they wrap this month.

But I agree with you it could still be good. But it will be different than what people wanted.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
If Will Smith wasn't so instantly recognizeable you could've told me this was a fan trailer and I'd believe you.

Oct 31, 2017
Aladdin is hot as fuck

I'm usually the last person to say "omg this CG is horrible" when it comes to films, but dear god, the CGI for Genie is really bad

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017

The movie comes out in three months and as others have said, they've wrapped the effects stuff. Unless Disney either

1) purposefully used old unfinished footage
or
2) does some *insane* 11th hour crunch time

it's not going to get better.

If it's number 1, maybe they've had this teaser ready to launch for months and for whatever scheduling reason were only able to put it out now. Or maybe they knew the reaction to Smith as Genie would be bad so they used old footage to get people's bitching out of the way so they could wow us with the actual completed footage when the full trailer drops (though this doesn't explain why all the other VFX shots also look like shit). If it's number 2, may God have mercy on all those poor VFX artists.

The movie itself could very well be good, and I agree about Smith putting his own spin on it (the only way they could ever hope to redo Genie is to go in a totally different direction) but the effects are probably going to be abysmal. That lava sequence looks ripped out of a Spy Kids movie.

Lol Tyrone Magnus predicted that in his reaction.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ohtTyZVW_Y
Ahahahaha amazing

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017

Everyone else in the cast could sing though. They should've got someone who could as well to play Belle