• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Until it's THE day, I don't believe any rumor and announcement about releases anymore.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I recently played the first game and if I had played that before the sequel announcement I probably would have enjoyed it far less. There's so much unfulfilled potential in that first game, I'm really hoping this one fully realizes that concept

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
In my head it was actually announced for October since that's the natural month, but guess I made that up.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ihxd8Lv.gif

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
porretta as a surname is so funny for portuguese speakers

theyre probably dropping a trailer by the sony conf then, if i had to guess

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I am overall really curious how much Alan Wake 2 will connect back to Control. Like obviously, Control's DLC set up Alan Wake 2 and so I am curious if there will be a character from the FBC in it.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I am overall really curious how much Alan Wake 2 will connect back to Control. Like obviously, Control's DLC set up Alan Wake 2 and so I am curious if there will be a character from the FBC in it.

I'd say with almost certainty that that will happen.

But Control and Alan Wake are distinctive worlds, as much as they are in the same universe. I'm sure Remedy will not make the mistake of putting to much Control in AW2. So I expect the FBC to be very subtly in it. Maybe one supporting character with a bit of a bigger presence, and you may not even realize they are FBC.

TrashyPanda

Oct 28, 2017
So fucking hyped. Have they mentioned that they're keeping the episodic structure? I thought it was pretty integral to the flavor

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So fucking hyped. Have they mentioned that they're keeping the episodic structure? I thought it was pretty integral to the flavor
If they are really going straight up primal frights than boopy spooks, than the flavor probably has changed.

Also, well, there could be meta reasons too.

IamPeacock

Feb 9, 2018
Belgium
Can't believe we are actually getting a true sequel...

Time to replay the remastered original, it's been a few years since I had a replay.

Nov 13, 2017
Love Alan Wake but will say the DLC in Control was the most frustrating part of that game for me. They stretched one mechanic way too thin and I hated that boss fight.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
If it actually launches this year, I'll be happy. If it comes in October, I'd be ecstatic as that'd be a great window to launch the sequel in as they're going for a more survival horror thing this time round from what I remember.

Until its confirmed, anything can happen. I do think we'll get a release date soon, if not at Sony's showcase on Wednesday then at Summer Games Fest.

Can't wait though. I've waited so long for a sequel and the stuff they did in Control only strengthened my want for a sequel. Whatever the release date, we're getting closer and I couldn't be happier to finally be getting towards that finish line.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
That's a lot sooner than I was expecting honestly, I'm guessing it will be rather conventional in structure and close to the first, doubt they could realise the original open world vision in such a relatively short dev time.
We'll see soon enough; Sony or MS showcases I'm guessing?

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
FINALLY!

Still have my Collector's Edition for the first game. Would love to see that tornado scene with Unreal ala:

www.youtube.com

UE4 - Storm test

Unreal Engine 4.23 - Speedtree - Substance Designer(Sorry, no audio)UE4 Plugins :- VICODynamics by VICO Game Studio LLC- Custom Lens Flare VFX by Artyom Cher...