Beuntje

Oct 29, 2017
We're 6 months past release, they won a BAFTA for audio achievement, why do they get a free pass on the Xbox Series audio issues still not being fixed...?!

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Finally playing through after picking up a few months ago and jeeeeez this game is spooky. I'm usually good with horror games, but having the mix of atmosphere and really well implemented jump scares is getting me good. I'm in the Cynthia section now and it's definitely the scariest bit so far.

Also goes without saying but the musical section proves that Remedy should be allowed to make whatever they want forever.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Considering that this game was shown at the PlayStation showcase last year, I think the DLC trailer will get shown this month at the same event

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Considering that this game was shown at the PlayStation showcase last year, I think the DLC trailer will get shown this month at the same event

My idea is that, for the Night Springs DLC trailer, they should shoot a black-and-white music video using the "Night Springs" music track that already exists

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Finally got around to playing and beating this with my new PC. Playing this maxed out on a 32:9 OLED was incredible.

I honestly don't even know where to begin, it was such an amazing game from start to finish. It makes me super sad when seeing reports the game still hasn't recouped development costs for Remedy. I mean, I'm sure this game was not cheap to make, but it deserves way more sales. Still, it has sold 1.3 million copies and is by far Remedy's fastest selling game so I am very happy Remedy is seeing success with both Alan Wake and Control. After finishing both games along with Alan Wake Remastered to prep for 2 it's put Remedy up there as one of my favorite developers.

Can't wait for the Night Springs and Lake House DLCs and now also having the sequel to Control being one of my most anticipated games in the future.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
We're 6 months past release, they won a BAFTA for audio achievement, why do they get a free pass on the Xbox Series audio issues still not being fixed...?!
I've slowed down my playthrough to a hault finally based on this. It was too distracting. Last update on Xbox was in early February.

I hope we get a roadmap on it if not the full fix.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
First DLC should release during summer no? I'll wait until the PS5 pro to play these DLCs tho

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly had no idea this game would be getting DLCs. Do we have any clue what these might be? Story content? Something closer to the American Nightmare survival wave mode? Something else entirely?

Part of me would love DLC similar to what AW1 got... but I also felt pretty satisfied by AW2's ending...

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly had no idea this game would be getting DLCs. Do we have any clue what these might be? Story content? Something closer to the American Nightmare survival wave mode? Something else entirely?

Part of me would love DLC similar to what AW1 got... but I also felt pretty satisfied by AW2's ending...

Yeah, this was announced before the game even came out. Links to the details are in the OP too, but posting here as well:

Two paid expansions
Both of our expansions tell new stories and offer exciting gameplay within Alan Wake 2.

• Expansion 1 – Night Springs
  • Visions and dreams. Fiction is written and coming true. Fiction collapses and remains just words on a page. These are those stories… in Night Springs.
  • Play as several familiar characters from the world of Alan Wake and experience the unexplainable in multiple self-contained episodes of Night Springs, a fictional tv-show set in the world of Alan Wake.
  • Expansion 2 – The Lake House
  • The Lake House is a mysterious facility situated on the shores of Cauldron Lake set up by an independent government organization to conduct secret research… until something goes wrong.
  • Explore the Lake House and embark on two separate adventures as the realities of the Pacific Northwest and the Dark Place collide again.

https://www.alanwake.com/story/alan-wake-2-faq/

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Completely missed the announcement, but those concepts sound great, especially Night Springs. Will definitely pick both up, thanks :)

Both sound awesome, but the second sounds especially intriguing to me personally, especially as a huge Control fan. There are a lot of theories about the Lake House already, I'm really looking forward to learning more about it.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to both expansions

Oct 29, 2017
Alan Wake thermos restock happened!

It's unfortunately sold out at most places, but peeps in the EU should be able to grab one on eBay for relatively good prices (40eur + shipping) from Finnish sellers.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I pray for a DLC shadow drop at sgf. They said its spring and that is over now. So its either a shadow drop or its coming really soon

YimbyButler

Jun 1, 2024
Been enjoying this. Third person action/adventure story heavy games are really all I care for now and this is naughty dog level stuff right here

Holy crap at this one jump scare

My heart skipped a beat

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Redownloaded the game on PS5, but sadly i see no improvements regarding fps and responsiveness in quality mode since the last time i played around release, sigh. Inventory is still lagy af too. I'll just wait until the pro to play these DLCs

(All versions) Night Springs DLC now available New
OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Night Springs DLC is live, and the OP has been updated to account for today's announcement of the premium physical editions coming later in the year.

Edit: Non-age-gated trailer:

www.youtube.com

Alan Wake 2 - Night Springs Expansion Launch Trailer | PS5 Games

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1477-PPSA02571_00-AW2DELUXEEDITION Step into the world of Night Springs. The first expansion for Alan Wake 2 ...

Last edited:

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
www.alanwake.com

Alan Wake 2 update 1.1.0 notes — Alan Wake

Latest update notes for Alan Wake 2.

Global

– Night Springs Expansion
– Added Photo Mode
– Increased manual save slots from 3 to 6
– [PC] Added Razer Chroma support

Improvements

– Improved Xbox Series S game stability
– Improvements to Xbox Series audio synchronization issues
– Improved lighting in several areas of the game
– Multiple minor fixes and improvements for a better experience

Fixes:

– Chapter Select: Added a missing chapter combination for the end game (Return 7 – Initiation 9)
– Fixed a rare instance of player character becoming unresponsive when falling on the ground after a sequence of attacks (Removed realism, check.)
– Fixed an issue that would bring up Saga's Mind Place UI prompts when loading into a session with Alan. (This was not an intentional meta play.)
-[PC] Fixed multiple instances of camera clipping issues on ultrawide monitors

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I felt very smart for figuring out the roasting temperature of the coffee on my first try, but did I miss anything or do you only get a trophy for that?

Edit: Nevermind, turns out it's story related.

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I felt very smart for figuring out the roasting temperature of the coffee on my first try, but did I miss anything or do you only get a trophy for that?
I'm stuck trying to figure that part out now. Do you have any clue about what numbers to look out for?

Edit: oh my god I didn't look at the posters

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
I'm torn on which physical version to buy. Xbox performs better, but has the audio sync issues still it seems. How egregious is the audio sync problem?

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Episode 1 was one of the sweetest and most hilarious pieces of DLC I've ever played.

rl52zkqp.jpg

am73ystb.jpg

Last edited:

Silverhand

Oct 26, 2023
Finished the Rose one

It was as okay but…

And as kind of hoping the story had a twist like Twight Zone stuff usually had. Like she actually went full nuts and started a massacre. "They look like monsters on you?" Probably to dark though.