Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
wth is this story lmao im so confused
is this all alan wake writing this and all the saga parts are fake then?

One of the core themes of the game is fact vs fiction, which is what and if there is even a difference between the two in the world of Alan Wake. You won't get a definitive answer to this and should definitely play the game tomcomplerion before you ask on a forum :D

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about this so far. Image quality is very poor on PS5 to the point where it's distracting (the constant shaking and shimmering of textures), the VA of the female lead is not very good and so far the mind board feels very linear. It just kind of feels like the game is playing itself. The story, as expected, is great so far though.

I looked up Sagas VA because I was like "I swear I keep hearing a British accent seep in" and I was right 😅

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
Reviews are fantastic, and the survival horror vibes are really intriguing me (I need something to scratch that itch after the phenomenal RE4 remake).

It will be a while until I try this, prob around Christmas time. Is it worth it to play through the first game or should I just watch a story recap?

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked friends, haven't been able to skim through the entire thread. I wanna support Remedy, just not sure if the first one is worth the time investment.

EDIT: oops, it was already asked, never mind I think I'll watch a story recap.

Oct 25, 2017
These Epic Games Store achievement notifications are awful. I can't believe there's no way to turn them off outside of force-closing the overlay in Task Manager.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Question for anyone that's beaten the game, I got spoiled on something just trying to look up how many chaps are in the FIRST Alan Wake and the first google result answered my question but for AW2 despite me not asking for AW2 and it came with a spoiler in the the first line of the search result and I wanna know how bad of a spoiler it is: so it said

That you play as Alan and Saga which i knew of course but then it describes Saga as a character created by Alan. Is this something you already know or learn early on? Or is this a massive spoiler. Also I havent beaten the first game either if this that context is necessary.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I won't start it until sunday, I just finished my (7th) replay of Alan Wake 1 and its DLC, and tonight I'll replay American Nightmare. Tomorrow I'll be going through the two Control DLCs (I also have an optional boss to beat which apparently is super hard, I'm scared). I hope the Control DLCs aren't too long and that I'll be able to do it all tomorrow. Then I'll start AW2 sunday night, finally.

cursed beef

Jan 3, 2021
How much of a visual downgrade is performance mode for those of us on 1080p screens?

(Sorry if this has been asked already, or answered in that DF analysis, but I'm super spoiler-conscious for this one. Doing my best to stay out of threads and avoid footage).

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The homage to the RE Bolt Cutter is so appropriate to this.

The first 15 minutes are very rocky if you are using Brazilian Portuguese subtitles. Gave me a very bad initial impression, but right now everything seems in line.

Graphics are gorgeous. Only the hotel right next to the bar felt strange while reconstruction but everything else is so cohesive with the world and the lighting.

I'm so in to this right now and I didn't ever used a single bullet. Trying my best to find the lunch boxes and appreciate the world building.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Question for anyone that's beaten the game, I got spoiled on something just trying to look up how many chaps are in the FIRST Alan Wake and the first google result answered my question but for AW2 despite me not asking for AW2 and it came with a spoiler in the the first line of the search result and I wanna know how bad of a spoiler it is: so it said

That you play as Alan and Saga which i knew of course but then it describes Saga as a character created by Alan. Is this something you already know or learn early on? Or is this a massive spoiler. Also I havent beaten the first game either if this that context is necessary.

It's pretty heavily hinted at very early on, but if that spoiler is confirming it then it's pretty big.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get an outdated driver pop up under 537.58 and when I click ok I lose my mouse cursor in game. Does that happen to you?
Oh, so that's what caused that? My cursor eventually came back, but I don't know why.

I really hate when games pull that shit where they insist that you update your drivers to the latest "game ready" version even if it isn't actually beneficial.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Not had much of it so far but the gunplay feels soooo good.

Just beat Nightingale and I am in love.

The atmosphere is delectable. Also ran around for way too long before checking the case board which unlocked the next thing to do. I know there was a hint to do so but it completely slipped my mind to apply every new clue.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty heavily hinted at very early on, but if that spoiler is confirming it then it's pretty big.
The word for word that popped on Google results was this snippet:

"Altogether there are 19 chapters. Some of these focus on Alan himself in his eerie dimension, and others are about the characters he's creating - namely FBI agent Saga Anderson."

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How much of a visual downgrade is performance mode for those of us on 1080p screens?

(Sorry if this has been asked already, or answered in that DF analysis, but I'm super spoiler-conscious for this one. Doing my best to stay out of threads and avoid footage).

Performance mode looks fantastic. If you're on a 1080p screen I'd imagine it's a no brainer.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I went "HAAAAAAAAAAAAA" out loud when I saw this.

SPOILER_IMG_6976.jpg

We all knew it was coming, obviously, but it's great to see it in-game.

Oct 25, 2017
The forests are indeed heavy on performance, but holy shit is it gorgeous. That fog settled on the water that you descend into in the chapter 1 is so incredibly beautiful.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I literally just started the game on series X and my audio has completely cut out during the first cutscene right after Alans narration. Anyone else having sound issues?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Saga Chapter 2 done. The combat is really fun, this game's awesome so far!
Wait really?

I was sure that Quantum Break wasn't part of the Remedy Connected Universe for some reason (even though Wake's fiction is in the game) so that's great to hear!
They aren't formally connected but that won't stop Remedy from including winks at the audience, like they did for Max Payne with Alex Casey

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. First thing I've thought, Control and FBC.

Did you get the catch with the Sheriff name ?
Thought it was pretty cool, lol.

Oh, the FBC is referenced EVERYWHERE in the first two chapters. If you take a certain route you can even have an optional conversation with an FBC technician. And the gate to the Lake House Research Station is near the General Store, too.

But those particular monitors got me the most.