• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Alan Wake 2 a digital-only release?

There are many reasons for this. For one, a large number of have shifted to digital only. You can buy a Sony PlayStation 5 without a disc drive and Microsoft's Xbox Series S is a digital only console. It is not uncommon to release modern games as digital-only.

Secondly, not releasing a disc helps keep the price of the game at $59.99 / €59.99 and the PC version at $49.99 / €49.99.

Finally, we did not want to ship a disc product and have it require a download for the game — we do not think this would make for a great experience either.

Is there a disc-based version of Alan Wake 2 in the works?

There are currently no plans to release Alan Wake 2 on disc.

www.alanwake.com

Alan Wake 2 FAQ — Alan Wake

If you run into any issues while playing Alan Wake 2, please go to the Epic Games Player Support page for Alan Wake 2 HERE to submit a report. General Information What platforms is Alan Wake 2 available on? Alan Wake 2 is available digitally for PC on the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 5, and […]

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
giphy.gif

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, why not just price a physical version at 70 and keep the digital version at 60 then? I'm not buying any AAA games digital-only.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This is a slippery slope for such a big game to bypass a physical release, removing choice is never good for consumers.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, we did not want to ship a disc product and have it require a download for the game — we do not think this would make for a great experience either.
www.alanwake.com

Alan Wake 2 FAQ — Alan Wake

If you run into any issues while playing Alan Wake 2, please go to the Epic Games Player Support page for Alan Wake 2 HERE to submit a report. General Information What platforms is Alan Wake 2 available on? Alan Wake 2 is available digitally for PC on the Epic Games Store, PlayStation 5, and […]
Then finish the game before you release it?????

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
This really sucks. Wow...

Still a Day 1 for me, but man, I would have loved to have this on my shelf. I wonder if this will be the first in a trend for major AAA releases to skip retail entirely.

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
lmao what an awful decision

this has literally made it go from a probable Day 1 to a game I'll buy 3 years down the line when its sub £15

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I don't care, the platform or delivery method of a game will never be anywhere near as important to me as the game itself

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if they don't, and the demand is there, someone else will step in to create/publish one later. Sucks though for those who want to buy and play it that way at launch.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to the future! Seriously, I'm glad it's not $70. I can't stomach $70 games, but I definitely couldn't stomach a $70 digital only game, but we'll get there eventually.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is so fucking stupid. Not buying this shit even though I planned on it day one.

Gonna instead buy it on deep sale if ever.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Lol. Guarantee you Epic will do this with Ueda and Playdead's games too.

Status
Not open for further replies.