• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
www.alanwake.com

Alan Wake Remastered update release notes — Alan Wake

Patch notes – PS4: 1.0.0.4 | PS5: 1.0.0.4 | Xbox One: 1.0.0.9 | Xbox Series X/S: 2.0.0.5 PERFORMANCE Improved title stability PROGRESSION Fixed the glitch where in Episode 2 players could not complete the „Reach the top of the mill” objective due to the lift clipping through the stairs SOUND...

Great to see the support added to the re-release, previously only the backwards compatible versions of the original release worked with the feature. I recall folk saying it worked pretty well there so I imagine the same will be said for the remaster.

Patch notes – PS4: 1.0.0.4 | PS5: 1.0.0.4 | Xbox One: 1.0.0.9 | Xbox Series X/S: 2.0.0.5

PERFORMANCE

Improved title stability

PROGRESSION

Fixed the glitch where in Episode 2 players could not complete the "Reach the top of the mill" objective due to the lift clipping through the stairs
SOUND

Fixed the audio lag that was present in some cinematics (Xbox One)
Fixed the rare issue where cinematics audio would play in mono

VISUALS

Added auto HDR support (Xbox Series X|S)
Mitigated screen tearing (Xbox One)
General visual performance fixes
UI

Improved the resolution of the game icon (PC). It's prettier now.

Last edited:

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Auto HDR is one of the greatest contributions Microsoft has brought to gaming in recent times.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Is Auto HDR something the developer can add or it is still up to MS?

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Interesting. Is Auto HDR something the developer can add or it is still up to MS?
I believe for Series S|X games it's entirely up to the developer, and they can choose to toggle it instead of using their own HDR technique.

I believe Control UE and Psychonauts 2 have also done this in the past

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Ah that's what my giant 24gb update was today. So like Control then as well, very happy they added this!

Just tried it, yep this makes a massive fucking difference!

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
It already worked on pc, looks great but not as game changing you you would think since it is not native hdr.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
DOPE. I'm trying to remember, has the remastered game arrived on Gamepass/Gold or PSPlus? For some reason I thought it had

No to all afaik. The original 360 game is available on Game Pass. People were speculating this to come to PS+ in October because of the October 5th release date lining up with the date of the new + games, but that didn't happen.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Especially with the cumulative improvements since it launched, I've been really impressed by Auto HDR. This is a cool bonus for Alan Wake, and I bought a physical copy of Remake and haven't played through it yet...

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
One more reason to look forward to getting this once I'm clear of more interesting backlog.

I believe for Series S|X games it's entirely up to the developer, and they can choose to toggle it instead of using their own HDR technique.

I believe Control UE and Psychonauts 2 have also done this in the past

Wait, can somebody confirm this? Last time I launched Control UE on XSX it was SDR.
On the other hand, I thought Psychonauts 2 was a weird case of native HDR with weird console support. Did the XSS version always had HDR too?

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Did we ever figure out what the deal with Control's HDR was? The devs said they didn't add HDR and yet only on Xbox does it have it and it's still in HDR if you turn auto HDR off.

Anyway, I'm interested to see how this looks on Alan Wake. It should be good as you can turn the HUD off without issue.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Spending more time with it, the HDR also helps make colors pop so much more. The game looked dull previously and a bit flat, and the HDR really helps bring the world to life for me.

Wait, can somebody confirm this? Last time I launched Control UE on XSX it was SDR.

Just booted it up again to confirm and yes it's in HDR on my Series X.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
It's been there since March (although I am not aware of Remedy ever commenting on it).

It got a quick mention here..

jOP9KLz.png

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems to be running in HDR on PS5, and I did disable the "always on" option of the console.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Cool to see it added. I just hope Remedy gets HDR working in their pipeline for future games. It would benefit their art style so much

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Doesnt sony have a similar tech or is this some sort of exclusive thing for xbox?

The PS5 has the option to basically run the whole interface/system in an HDR envelope, which is good if your display gets weird signal drop-out switching between SDR/HDR, but doesn't actually give same benefit. Auto-HDR is sorta an exclusive feature in the console space, though I think it's available to some degree on PC.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
cool I picked this up at a decent price from the B/S/T thread but never got around to playing it with all of the holiday releases. looks like that may pay off here…

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I thought auto-HDR was only for retro compatible games. Is there any other series native title that has auto-HDR ?
I honestly don't understand why we still don't have an off/on HDR toggle for every title (at least the xbone ones). Add a warning if you think it breaks things !

There's already a toggle for individual Auto HDR, it's in the Compatibility settings (same place you toggle FPS Boost and Resolution Boost). I'm under the impression Control Ultimate Edition and Psychonauts 2 both support Auto HDR, and what we heard from the devs for Psychonauts at least was that it just worked.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
There's already a toggle for individual Auto HDR, it's in the Compatibility settings (same place you toggle FPS Boost and Resolution Boost). I'm under the impression Control Ultimate Edition and Psychonauts 2 both support Auto HDR, and what we heard from the devs for Psychonauts at least was that it just worked.
Psychonauts is not auto hdr

Colargogol

Jan 22, 2020
Lots of games (including game pass games) do not have the toggle. I wish we could activate it for EVERY game.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Spending more time with it, the HDR also helps make colors pop so much more. The game looked dull previously and a bit flat, and the HDR really helps bring the world to life for me.

Just booted it up again to confirm and yes it's in HDR on my Series X.

It's been there since March (although I am not aware of Remedy ever commenting on it).

Well, that's mostly cool I think but it's also another weird case of auto hdr not being labelled as such, it seems. Well if both Alan Wake and Control look better then it's good for me, but if it's really auto, there should be an option to disable it.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that's mostly cool I think but it's also another weird case of auto hdr not being labelled as such, it seems. Well if both Alan Wake and Control look better then it's good for me, but if it's really auto, there should be an option to disable it.

You can disable it.