• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Lip Sync looks horrible with the old guy talking. Models look better overall.

I just want to see them increase the run distance and other gameplay tweaks. The graphics were always good...

Oct 30, 2017
That improvements in the cutscenes made me say wow !

Also they adjusted the UI, I have big respects for readjusting UI in the Remastered versions.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Need to see some actual cutscenes play out. The lip sync in that video looked real weird. Also hard to judge if it looks like Alice is still wearing some weird human skin mask over her face when she's talking.

May 15, 2018
Denmark
Is the left or right side of the image supposed to be the improved version? ...I think that would suggest I can live with the existing version.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
There`s more improvements in there than I thought. Day 1.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Here's a nice read on what all has been done.

news.xbox.com

Judging a Book by Its Cover: The Making of Alan Wake Remastered - Xbox Wire

The original Alan Wake is a game close to many people’s hearts, including us here at Remedy, as well as the host of dedicated Xbox fans that picked up the original release back on Xbox 360 back in 2010. So when we set out to remaster this unique and beloved adventure, we knew we were […]

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Was going back and forth over picking this up, while I love the game and the price for this is alright I don't think the small visual changes and cleaner cutscenes are enough versus playing the old PC version again.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I'm itching to buy this. One of my favorite stories in gaming but D3T track record is not the best.

Hopefully it's a good version of the game.

Here's a nice read on what all has been done.

news.xbox.com

Judging a Book by Its Cover: The Making of Alan Wake Remastered - Xbox Wire

The original Alan Wake is a game close to many people’s hearts, including us here at Remedy, as well as the host of dedicated Xbox fans that picked up the original release back on Xbox 360 back in 2010. So when we set out to remaster this unique and beloved adventure, we knew we were […]

Tnks for sharing.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good like that but I wonder if the PC version will be worth getting for the extra visuals.
Of course it's worth getting for the audio commentary by Sam Lake though, god dang.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Never beat this but just beat The control AWE DLC, so what better time then now to go back. I'm in

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, I'll download this when Epic give it away.
Alan's face looks weird but the rest seem like an improvement.
Kind of disingenuous to be comparing the 360 version to the PC XSX though.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Kinda shitty they compared it to the 360 version and not the PC version.
I mean the 360 upgrade is going to be most people's reference. Obviously the upgrade from the PC version will be smaller but they've literally redone textures, models, lighting, etc. Hell the article I posted even mentioned taking advantage of advances in audio tech since 2010. This should be a pretty substantial upgrade over the current PC version unless all you care about is resolution.

TornadoDDT

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 25, 2021
I hope the models are properly lip-synched because that was one of the biggest issues with the first game.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Preordered the PS5 version. Just in case they do something special with the DS controller. I cant wait to revisit. Just wished they also added American Nightmare. :(

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
I have no interest in playing this, but honestly it looks like a remake as oppossed to a remaster ... Looks very good imo.

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
Is this more of a scary/thriller-type game than Control was? I really didn't think I would like Control, but I ended up loving it. Wondering if the same might be true for AW.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
It does look like a sizable improvement, but I'm not sure it'll be enough to convince me to pay full price when the 360 version runs fine on Series X.

I do have one big unanswered question: are they keeping the cell phone ad in?

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
I'm so happy it looks like they've given it the love and care this game deserves.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Is this more of a horror/thriller game than Control was? I really didn't think I would like Control, but I ended up loving it. Wondering if the same might be true for AW.

Much more tense game than Control. You're wandering in the forest alone trying to escape the taken for stretches of the game.

On my nightmare run i barely fought them and was always trying to run to the next light post.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a great improvement. I love how they can make Alan look exactly like his live action model now, it was jarring seeing live action and game Alan in the same scenes in the original because they didn't look much alike.

Don't know if I'll pick it up right away, although $30 is a pretty great price. Will probably wait for a sale or Gamepass.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Thanks. Sounds like it won't be my thing.

Respectfully, he's misremembering. With one or two scenario-specific exceptions, it's very much a linear game, and while there are instances where you're running through a more open-ended wooded area, they're (thankfully) few and far between and, again, very guided. I'd suggest watching a couple of hours or so of YouTube Let's Plays or whatever. That'd give you a fairly solid sense of what to expect overall. It's not as though you spawn in the middle of a national park and have to find your way out.

Last edited:

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
Was wondering if they would update the Energizer Batteries packaging, then I remember a article stating that product replacement would be remove for the remastered.

Ya, it's looking good.

Jibberhack

Oct 30, 2017
When I first saw the trailer I wasn't that impressed, but after watching this the differences are so obvious. Will still play the 360 version that I have though, lol.