• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
switch-brasil.com

Alan Wake Remastered é classificado para o Switch no Brasil

Originalmente anunciado apenas para plataformas PlayStation, Xbox e Windows, Alan Wake Remastered pode estar sendo planejado também para o Nintendo Switch.A informação vem por meio de uma classificação indicativa listada pelo Ministério da Justiça no

The information comes through an indicative classification listed by the Ministry of Justice in Brazil for the game developed by Remedy entertainment and published by Epic Games Publishing (in the country, the publication would be in charge of 1080 Partners).

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I already bought so many copies of this game lol. Looks like I'll be buying more copies. Really cool that this is coming to Switch. One of my favorite videogame stories.

parasite2

Oct 22, 2020
8f17954d9529b4a2b2b33326406ac956.gif

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Remember when people thought The Witcher 3 was going to be a cloud version because there was no way they could port the game to Switch?

Haha, those were fun times.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. It won't be a cloud version if it is rated.
This sounds like the kind of small surprise 3rd party game they like to drop in their fall direct.

We got Divinity 2, Doom 2016, Civilization 6, and Cities Skylikes this way

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like, on the one hand, announcing a Switch version late is a really dumb idea, but on the other hand why would you submit a cloud streaming version of any game to the Brazilian ratings board?

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Cloud games always have "Cloud Version" in the title and they never get rated as they're basically PC games.

This is a Xbox 360 game at the base, Switch can run the non remastered version just fine.
The Switch can run Alan Wake. I think a better question is what does remastered actually mean when running on the Switch? I mean I guess we'll find out soon enough.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
The Switch can run Alan Wake. I think a better question is what does remastered actually mean when running on the Switch? I mean I guess we'll find out soon enough.
I'm guessing a similar situation with Dark Souls Remastered. It says "Remastered" but it's not, DS was straight 360 port on Switch.

Cloud or not the rating is the same
It's not! Switch cloud games are separately titled, they all have "Cloud Version" in their title.

Sep 29, 2019
Yeah, this means it's very likely it's happening. I think most, if not all brazillian ratings have been correct at this point.
Though, i kind of don't think this is a cloud version. Some screenshots say "cartucho portátil", which means portable cartridge, so maybe indeed the entire game on-console? Has any cloud games for the Switch ever released in full physical versions with cartridges? I don't quite follow how cloud releases are on the Switch, so i'm not aware of any

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I'm guessing a similar situation with Dark Souls Remastered. It says "Remastered" but it's not, DS was straight 360 port on Switch.
I'm all for it living on the system but that would be shitty. I'm guessing they can probably get the new models in there along with some extra effects at least. If they ran the thing at 540P like the original on the 360, there should be some reserved juice for extra stuff.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
portable is the only way I would replay it tbh, already played it on console and PC like... fuck, 4 times I think?

would rather the 360 version native than the remaster on cloud tho, not doing the cloud thing sorry.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
Either there's a typo or there's really a misconception of the power of Switch on these forums if people think the Switch is similar in power to the PS2. It's at least a PS3 Pro in terms of performance (based on RAM). Since this is an Xbox 360 game, this should have no problem running on a Switch.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Probably a cloud version
Cloud. They would have announced it along with the other versions otherwise.
That'd be some sad shit

Seems it's not:

I actually opened the doc for the Alan Wake rating and it says "Cartridge" + "Download" in the request
So I presume that the Cloud Version isn't a thing for this case

任天堂ファン

Alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2020
I look forward to this, it looks like the closest thing to Silent Hill since Silent Hill.

the switch is about as strong as a ps2, so I'm not sure what's suprising

It's certainly not the most powerful console but the port of Skyrim, a game from the same console generation as Alan Wake, was well received. The Witcher 3, which I think came out on the following Xbox consoles also got a well received Switch port.

任天堂ファン

Alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2020
sounds like a sad state of affairs for Silent Hill fans then

Was that ever in doubt? Silent Hill is truly unique, the Resident Evil franchise is great but nothing like Silent Hill with a more action orientated approach nor are the Amnesia style games with their 1st person wandering that focuses more on enemies that stalk you as a main gameplay element. Twin Peaks though shares some similarities with Silent Hill and for that I am even more excited based on what Duke Nukem said.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
That's still sounds closer to Silent Hill than anything else.
I'm not saying you won't enjoy the game. It's really wonderful and probably one of my top five favorite games of all time. Having said that, I once again cannot overstate how nothing like Silent Hill this is. Not only are the gameplay mechanics totally different but one is a horror game and one is well, not. On top of that there's zero Japanese inspired horror in Alan Wake. Like the only thing similar is both games are set within small towns. That's like the only similarity.