• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

EpicData - Epic Games data tracker

This tool was made to give better insight into the Epic Games Store offers, items and another data.
g9um3alqbk3g.png

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully will come to current-gen consoles in 4k 60! I guess I'll hold off on a replay at this point. Maybe they'll include all the DLC and American Nightmare?

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Great game with unparalleled atmosphere. The Steam port was perfectly fine so I wonder if this will have something more on PC with the remaster.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Awesome!

But get ready to have the awesome songs in between episodes to be changed with generic music nobody asked for.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i assume this is one of the 5 projects remedy has been working on, and one of their 2 games with epic (the second one being alan wake 2)

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
Oh shit! Are we seeing the first few leaks before Sony's event? I'm betting on Remedy showing up there with a couple of announcements.

This and the Blue Box craziness is almost better than the entirety of E3!

FGNLive

Feb 6, 2021
Love love love Alan Wake. All of it. But it's going to need something beyond up-res and 60 fps, the originals are fine to play to this day and it hasn't been long enough for the experience to be forgotten.

Or, perhaps this has less to do with existing fans and more to do with priming a broader audience for a new title? Please be this.

Nov 21, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets officially announced at either Sony's upcoming summer showcase or Geoff's Gamescom show considering Epic is tight with both Sony and Geoff.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Oh shit! Are we seeing the first few leaks before Sony's event? I'm betting on Remedy showing up there with a couple of announcements.

This and the Blue Box craziness is almost better than the entirety of E3!
I think it depends on who is funding AW2. If that's the Epic game then I imagine this will show up at a future Epic show as opposed to Sony.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Love love love Alan Wake. All of it. But it's going to need something beyond up-res and 60 fps, the originals are fine to play to this day and it hasn't been long enough for the experience to be forgotten.

Or, perhaps this has less to do with existing fans and more to do with priming a broader audience for a new title? Please be this.
If this exists then I would assume AW2 has to as well.

keidash

Jan 31, 2018
Last year I played it again and I still love it, it plays fine still... but as someone has said this game with the same illumination as Metro Exodus would be awesome.

Jun 20, 2018
Damn, I have a list of games to start and keep seeing rumours about remasters for almost all of them. Will hold off a bit longer.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this and final fantasy showing up at the same time, i doubt they're part of a sony event. no reason for ff7 remake to be featured by sony again with intergrade being out. probably some EGS showcase like they had last year.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If this is real then that basically confirms the AW2 stuff as well. I imagine both would be announced at the same time.

Nov 8, 2017
Played through this fully for the first time this year (originally played half when it first came out) and really just did not like it. Didn't like the story or characters, didn't like the gameplay. Product placements up the wazoo.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Not sure how more remastered you can get than the PC version.

This would be an amazing game for Ray Traced lighting and shadows though. Perhaps they also have even higher resolution assets they could use?

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
PS4 version when?

It's not like a PC version would require a remaster. Resolution can be cranked up to 5k (at least what I tested), it already support high refresh rates and otherwise the game still holds up today.

What's missing is a PS4 version though.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
The environments and the lighting in that game still look really, really great to this day atleast on PC.. the character models and their facial animations not so much, so if they would improve mainly these things, then I would jump in a joy :) and even better would be, well, you know... AW2