• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I loved everything except the gameplay. Would dig a sequel tho. Would u possible for another pub to make it happen?

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
There were a few Alan Wake easter eggs in Quantum Break, so I expect some more in Control. A new Alan Wake would be incredible.

Cdammen

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I absolutely loved the way it played. Dodge, asses situation, flashgun pop, shoot, dodge, repeat. In a sequel I want to see more interaction with the environment during daylight. Would be nice to get more of that small-town Stephen King-esque atmosphere in-between action heavy parts. Talk to town folk, maybe root around and see environmental story-telling.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely loved the way it played. Dodge, asses situation, flashgun pop, shoot, dodge, repeat. In a sequel I want to see more interaction with the environment during daylight. Would be nice to get more of that small-town Stephen King-esque atmosphere in-between action heavy parts. Talk to town folk, maybe root around and see environmental story-telling.
A mash between Alan Wake and Hotel Dusk with a nice open town. Mysteries to solve, people to meet and different stories to discover, along with the big mystery the town hides... I need this so bad.

Crazed

Oct 25, 2017
/Obligatory avatar quote
Never really followed the original game with all it's delays until I saw the "Building the Thriller" vidoc which made it an instant day one buy for me. (Also introduced me to PotF)

Still my favorite single player story/game to date. That first playthrough was something I wish I could relive again.

I still have hope we will get a sequel. I mean, Sam himself even said "when the time is right". It can't be much longer now right? Right?...... Please

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
God, I took a chance on it barely knowing anything about it and I fell in love with it. One of my favorite games from the last generation.

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Just like every other Remedy game I've played, it falls down heavily where it counts - gameplay, story, graphics.

I'm going through Max Payne 1 and it's alright - and probably their best thing I've played. Quantum Mistake was awful, Alan Wake wasn't good, and MP1 is an okay slog.

So.... the entire game then?

Clearly the style of game they make is not for you. Why keep pushing it?

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
One of my favourite games from last gen. Shame we haven't seen anything past American Nightmare, but I'll always be grateful for the two games we got.

Danim

Oct 26, 2017
Coincidentally I played through it again last week for the first time since 2012 and had a blast, it still holds up visually as well ( on the PC anyway).

Still praying for a proper conclusion to the story one day!

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Bought a xbox360 only for this game ... atleast thats when I noticed that games as Gears of War and Halo weren't for me.

I loved every single minute of it. I even bought a zipped hoodie from them back then. They had good merchandise.

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a xbox360 only for this game ... atleast thats when I noticed that games as Gears of War and Halo weren't for me.

I loved every single minute of it. I even bought a zipped hoodie from them back then. They had good merchandise.
I had these:

td8b58k.png

lmao

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Didn't Sam Lake give an interview a few years ago where he said he eventually wanted to do 2? There might be updated info but I'm holding out hope at least...

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favourite game if last gen, I just loved everything about it.

I know a TV show is in the works I just hope that now someone will come in and give Remedy the funds they need to make the sequel.

It's not a lake.....

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
So.... the entire game then?

Clearly the style of game they make is not for you. Why keep pushing it?
I played Alan Wake because I really like TPS games particularly last gen. I played Quantum Mistake because it was the only thing to play on my Xbox at that time and I still really like TPS games, so I was surprised it was awful.

Max Payne 1 because I still like TPS games and apparently it's one of the best ever.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Which means, RED DEAD REDEMPTION turns 9 years old today as well!!!

Still salty that they didn't push Alan Wake back a few weeks.

I remember being the only one in my group of friends excited for Alan Wake and trying desperately to convince them to give it a chance. They were all too busy playing RDR tho lol.