• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ihxd8Lv.gif

Still waiting on Alan Wake 2. Sam Lake's been posting on Twitter:

IT'S NOT A LAKE, IT'S AN OCEAN.

ALAN WAKE 2: RETURN

I BELIEVE.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
One of the best games from last gen, and a personal favorite. American Nightmare was a fun side adventure.

Remedy Give Us More Alan Wake !!!

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Which means, RED DEAD REDEMPTION turns 9 years old today as well!!!

Still salty that they didn't push Alan Wake back a few weeks.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I played through the game in its entirity for the first time last fall and it's really amazing.

Hope we hear more about the upcoming tv series soon.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
One of my all-time favorite games. I hold onto a small shred of hope that someday we'll get a sequel.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man and he was already married? Dude moves fast.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i thought it was just okay. for the time Remedy was thinking outside the box and i wish them godspeed but in the gist of my last gen collective it was just another game i played

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was pretty good but when I went to replay it several years later, I wasn't feeling it so much. Max Payne had a bigger impact on me.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
My favorite game from last gen. Absolutely loved the first game and it's DLC.

Didn't even finish American Nightmare. Didn't like it.

Sad I'll never get a sequel but if it was similar to AN, I'm okay with just one game.

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
Alan Wake is hands down my favourite game of the PS3/360 generation, and it's criminal that we still don't have a proper sequel. The tease in Quantum Break and that prototype footage that came out a few years back hurt, because it's clear Remedy knows what they want to do for it.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Loved it but I've always wished they pulled off the open world plan they had. Hopefully control does well and we get a new Alan Wake soon.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
One of my favourite games of all time and one that I thought was criminally underrated at the time of release (I seem to remember it not being all that popular although I could be very wrong.)

I would love to have a sequel and there are very few games I say that about.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Great game with a quite unique storytelling method! It was just fun reading the scattered pages containing events that still didn't happen. Also, it's the ONLY shooter I prefer playing with a gamepad rather than with mouse/keyboard. And I don't really know why.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I ended up getting a copy when I refreshed by Xbox 360 to the slim version and it quickly became one of my favorite games (at the time). My buddy and I had a blast playing through and - what was the side question - finding all the coffee containers or something?

I don't remember the story making a lot of sense but that didn't really diminish the fun.

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Just like every other Remedy game I've played, it falls down heavily where it counts - gameplay, story, graphics.

I'm going through Max Payne 1 and it's alright - and probably their best thing I've played. Quantum Mistake was awful, Alan Wake wasn't good, and MP1 is an okay slog.

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
Probably some of the worst product placement in a game since Darkened Skye, the game about Skittles.
I played through the whole game and the only thing I can remember about it are the final line, constantly needing more Energizer batteries, and having to watch a Verizon ad in the middle of the game.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Such an underappreciated game, should have shipped with Hard being the default difficulty, people would have seen its greatness.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Was such a damn good game, the DLC was amazing too. I even loved American Nightmare.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
There's an old tale wrought with mystery, of Tom the Poet and his muse

And a magic lake which gave a life to the words the poet used...

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Definitely one of the greatest games of last gen. I still have hope for a sequel! Maybe after Control? Hopefully

OP
OP
NTGYK

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've long maintained that there is a Remedy-verse and Alan Wake is at the center of it. Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control are all connected.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Sigh. Got it as a gift while I was in high school, had never heard of it before. Was hooked instantly with the Stephen King quote, the gorgeous visuals, the music gave me goosebumps immediately. It was one of those games I knew was special right out of the gate. Played through it multiple times, would constantly tell/annoy my friends to play this game. American Nightmare came out, and I enjoyed it too, hoping that this would be the tie in to an Alan Wake 2...

That probably won't ever happen, unless Remedy takes another page out of Twin Peaks' book and returns 25 years later or something. I'm really looking forward to Control, but I still just want Alan Wake 2 from them. I still listen to the incredible soundtrack fairly regularly. Poet and the Muse is my jam.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I only discovered AW when it was part of a Humble Bundle a few years ago, but now it's one of my favorite games ever. Shame we'll never get a sequel.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still missing one goddamned thermos flask.

I was miffed at the time that they didn't include the number of thermoses in each chapter menu, like the Gears series did with collectibles. I eventually found my last one after following a video guide, which was really difficult with such a dark game.

So when is this game getting X enhanced already, MS? One of the best 360 exclusives, damn it.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
He took out his hip flask when he reached the page that described how he reached the page that made him take out his hip flask.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Would kill for a 1X Enhanced update for AW. Would look amazing and run smoothly no doubt!

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Smooth gameplay, dark atmosphere and great storytelling. One of the few games I couldn't drop and where I didn't touch another one until I finished it. What a game.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I finally finished the game for the first time last year after starting it on the 360.

The I didn't really like how the gameplay scaled up at the end. Turned into a lot of flashbang throwing and just running away from enemies.

pahlke1

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane
Such a gem. It's the game that turned me into a multiconsole owner. Hell I owned the collector's edition even before I purchased my 360.

Deleted member 9327

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a huge Remedy fan ever since the first Max Payne I love not only this game, but also enjoyed Quantum Break a lot. So I'm in for hoping that both will get a sequel some day. Meanwhile I'm looking forward to Control this August!

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
One of the greatest! dragged through to mud over a resolution and a dodgy tractor/harvester texture by strange fanboys. :(

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
"After passing a thermos, I got my hotel key from this creepy woman and thought, 'That lady was totally trustworthy.' Well, time to take my wife, who is afraid of the dark, to this remote lakehouse. Nothing can go wrong there, especially to me: a person who writes horror fiction. That would be too ironic."

This game rules, but it's way too easy to make fun of the product placement.

Nightside

Oct 28, 2017
Great game, the stage fight is absolutely one of my favorite moments in gaming EVER, and made me discover Poets of the Fall.
Absolutely love Alan Wake.