• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Looks rough, but I guess it's just a pre-alpha. Debut project of one small indie team from Poland. If they really focus on polish (pun not intended) it might be something interesting.

I'm just not sure if going to Kickstarter with no previous games is a good idea nowadays... But I hope it will turn out to be great.

Main features (from Kickstarter page):

• no RNG system in the base mechanics; forget all the missed shots fired just 1 meter in front of your enemy;
  • Darkness System can surprise you by changing the rules on the game in the middle of the fight;
  • Stamina System - fail miserably just by losing your breath during combat;
  • Senses System - monsters can hear and SMELL you! Beware of the wind;
  • Strategy - a second gameplay layer, where you can research new gear, craft items and prepare for the next encouter;
  • Boss fights - track down and face challenging enemies in storyline missions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Potterson

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Kickstarter is up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167825245/alders-blood

They are asking for 60k $ which is... a lot. Hollow Knight devs asked for 30k. But I see they want to hire more people, including animators. And yup, you can see they need them. Still, neat idea. I already backed too many games so I'll pass, but probably gonna give this a shot if it's gonna come out.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Potterson

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know. I just remembered that HK was also funded on Kickstarter and I compared two campaings. Sorry (?).

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know. I just remembered that HK was also funded on Kickstarter and I compared two campaings. Sorry (?).
Just saying, a lot of Kickstarters have failed because they ask for meager sums like 40-50k when in reality they should've probably asked for 150k at the very least. I'm not sure what the deal with was with HK so I can't say how they dealt with so little money. But ultimately 60k isn't a huge sum.

Last edited:

4Tran

Nov 4, 2017
Just saying, a lot of Kickstarters have failed because they ask (andor meager sums like 40-50k when in reality they should've probably asked for 150k at the very least. I'm not sure what the deal with was with HK so I can't say how they dealt with so little money. But ultimately 60k isn't a huge sum.
That's right, and a lot of times Kickstarter projects will ask for lesser amounts of money because they have already secured outside funding or they're just gauging the level of interest. In any case, this game looks pretty neat, but I'm going to have to see a lot more before committing to it.